1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LG V20 Sound Quality

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by zachchen1996, Aug 1, 2016.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last
  1. Ting Tiew Yik
    how lg tuning sound like?heard that the hifi module tuned by B&O is smooth and warm...
    lg v20 seems like no 2.5d glass which is great[​IMG]

2. wyvernone

ubergizmo says in the LG V20 Review:

I imagine "B&O tuning" is only for the onboard speaker. Headphones out will not be affected.

I have not listened to either so nothing from me.

Sp12er3 likes this.
  3. Onitsuka

The thing is not all people like dark themes e.g myself, and apps like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram are all have a lot of white areas. I agree that OLED looks great on TV, but on smartphone its colors look a little bit saturated, overstated. Especially Samsung. On the other hand, LCD is quite good for white/bright background apps. Anyway in the end of day, it's all personal choices. However, I'm glad they don't have OLED screen as long as the battery technology hasn't improved yet.

4. WayTooCrazy
    I was going to upgrade to the Note 7 this week, then actually looked into the whole battery thing.. .and said that I would do an S7 Edge. Now, I'm waiting for this, as I listen to my music nightly before I actually go to bed with my CIEMs. I was going to get a DAP, but this would be the best of both worlds (as I think the audio out on the SGN3 isn't all that bad).

5. gr8soundz

Don't blame you for avoiding the Note 7. I upgraded from a Note 3 to the V10 and sound quality wasn't even a fair fight. Had an E18 velcroed to the Note but the V10 (in aux and high) still sounded better (though not quite as powerful as the Fiio amp).

Used my V10 in bed for a while but grew tired having to turn on the screen for navigation. Installed the ScreenDim app to reduce brightness and tried using a bluetooth remote but much prefer the navigation buttons on my AK Jr.

6. WayTooCrazy

I"m a lazy hit "shuffle" kinda guy. So the navigation probably wouldn't bother me. So the v10 is that much better than the SGN3 huh? Now I really can't wait for the V20. I hope it can drive my EL-8 and TH-X00 too.

7. LajostheHun
    All phones have FM radio receiver,but they are being turned off by the handset makers. The reason: you guessed it, money.

8. jasonb

I tried the EL8 with my V10 for about a minute the other day. It needed a decent amount of volume on the low gain mode. It would be one of the headphones you'd want to trick into aux mode on the V10. Wasn't a super efficient headphone.

9. gurus
    The V20 with the B&O tuning will have a B&O logo next to the power button on the back.

You need to see the V20 drop test on You tube. Quite amazing.

10. Subhakar

Yep, true. Shame, the words "FM radio" don't bring back any joyous memories to those who take decisions to deactivate the chip. V10 has FM. Wonder why they had to turn it off in V20...

11. WayTooCrazy
    I wish Verizon would give a heads up when this phone is ready to pickup or even pre-order. I have my son's broken Sony Xperia Z3v on my desk ('cause he's a klutz) and he has my Galaxy Note 3. Deciding between the S7 Edge and the V20. I want of course, the best sounding phone as the DAPs I've been looking at are all in the $800 range and I'm not fond of the thought of carry 2 devices anyway.

12. maxh22
    If sound quality is one of your greatest needs in a phone, skip the S7 and get the V20!

I remember being super disappointed when I first plugged my IE 80's into my S6 Edge. The difference between the S6 and my other dap was night and day. I too hate carrying multiple devices around. So I bought the V10 and after a few days of burning in the dac/amp portion, I was finally satasfied with it's sound.

13. gr8soundz

+1

14. musicday
    Is there a way to turn it on?

15. LajostheHun
    Maybe via root,but I'm not sure.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last