LG V20 Sound Quality
Sep 9, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #136 of 4,141
Sorry, I just thought of another question: I listen to alot of my music via my Google Play Music subscription, will the LG V20 provide a better listening experience even with a streaming service like Google Play Music, Spotify etc.?

The V10 does, so should the V20.

Sep 10, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #139 of 4,141
For potential UK buyers the details are up on the Clove website - https://www.clove.co.uk/lg-v20  - just awaiting price and stock!

I notice the frequency field in the 4G specs is blank at the moment so I guess we'll have to check these against our preferred network, though the blurb does describe the phone they're selling as being "fully compatible" with all UK and European networks.

I also notice that the spec sheet says it has an FM radio which seems to conflict with what others have suggested?

Sep 10, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #140 of 4,141
If there is FM radio is even better.One thing is lacking in my opinion to be the perfect phone- OLED screen.
Does anyone know if the second screen at the top can be turned off? I have no interest in that staying on.
Also audio recording will with be on pair with Nokia 808? Amazing if it can match it up.

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #141 of 4,141
If there is FM radio is even better.One thing is lacking in my opinion to be the perfect phone- OLED screen.
Does anyone know if the second screen at the top can be turned off? I have no interest in that staying on.
Also audio recording will with be on pair with Nokia 808? Amazing if it can match it up.

My V10 allows me to turn off the second screen, of course that doesn't guarantee the V20 will.

Sep 10, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #142 of 4,141

Still have my 808. Amazing camera, audio, and (lower res) oled screen.

Sep 10, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #144 of 4,141

yes you can turn off the second screen but little go around kind of thing

Sep 11, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #146 of 4,141
OLED burn is not a thing anymore especially in newer gen ones, my note 4 that is supposed to be replaced by note 7 is still soldiering on and no OLED burn out.

Sep 11, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #148 of 4,141
so are there 2 versions of v20

so which is supposed to be the better verison and in which country will the BO launced

do the 2 versions sound different

why make such a move

Sep 11, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #149 of 4,141
  so are there 2 versions of v20

so which is supposed to be the better verison and in which country will the BO launced

do the 2 versions sound different

why make such a move

I have read most if not all the reviews and nowhere any of the reviewers actually say that they have heard the V20 with HPs. They do go into technical details about the Quad DAC and how good it will (could) sound but no first hand impressions of the sound.

Looks like the B&O tuning won't be on the USA bound phones. It's not clear if the B&O A3 will be offered as an introductory promo package in the USA. There are some hints that it might be for a short time. Also me thinks, the B&O tuning would be specific settings in the software to get the B&O sound sig which probably should be able to be duplicated in any of the LG20's.

Sep 11, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #150 of 4,141
I like my OLED TV, but sacrificing battery for screen isn't a good idea, especially on smartphone.

You sacrifice nothing!
Have themes and backgrounds darker or black. Only when web browsing white consumes a bit more battery.
My LG Flex does 19 hours video playback.
So OLED is best and getting even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back