LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Dec 9, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #1,366 of 3,525
I have ordered this adapter from Aliexpress to see if it triggers the high gain mode of V10.

There are other options in the Aliexpress which might work (check the below links). We need to find the best option which doesn't alter the sound signature.

Remind us what headphones you have that require this.

Let's also not forget the Equilateral app mentioned a while back boost volume. May be less likely to affect the sound.

And remember that some headphones are not well suited to impedance changes. There is was a comment on why it would not be a good idea on 846s a while back.

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #1,367 of 3,525
Here's a big news guys!

http://zerolemon.com/product/lg-v10-extended-battery-zerolemon-lg-v10-9000mah-tricell-extended-battery-soft-tpu-full-edge-protection-case-compatible-with-all-lg-v10-variants-180-days-zerolemon-warranty-guarantee-black/

Now your V10 Smartphone DAP is officially 9,000mAh.

Wait a few more weeks for this!!!

Your V10 will turn into a DAP with the longest battery life ever recorded on this planet...
V10 currently lasts up to 20 hours with high-res music. This battery case will give three times more playing time.

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #1,368 of 3,525
Remind us what headphones you have that require this.

Let's also not forget the Equilateral app mentioned a while back boost volume. May be less likely to affect the sound.

And remember that some headphones are not well suited to impedance changes. There is was a comment on why it would not be a good idea on 846s a while back.

Sure I'll inform :wink:

Here's a big news guys!

http://zerolemon.com/product/lg-v10-extended-battery-zerolemon-lg-v10-9000mah-tricell-extended-battery-soft-tpu-full-edge-protection-case-compatible-with-all-lg-v10-variants-180-days-zerolemon-warranty-guarantee-black/

Now your V10 Smartphone DAP is officially 9,000mAh.

Wait a few more weeks for this!!!

Your V10 will turn into a DAP with the longest battery life ever recorded on this planet...

Great news, thanks for share!

I am adding this ZeroLemon news in the first page :wink:

Dear V10 users, please PM your impressions links comparing the V10 with other DAP and DAC's. Also please PM me your greatest headphone V10 combinations. I have started to organize our V10 threads first page! Please contribute!

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #1,369 of 3,525
Once you get this Zerolemon 9,000mAh battery case, there will be no competition in battery life... I think only ZX2 comes close to this battery life but V10 will still last longer than that with full smartphone features and comparable sound quality. 

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #1,370 of 3,525
  I have ordered this adapter from Aliexpress to see if it triggers the high gain mode of V10.

There are other options in the Aliexpress which might work (check the below links). We need to find the best option which doesn't alter the sound signature.

There were a short 3.5mm to 3.5mm (male to female) adapter cable mentioned in the thread by the member @gr8soundz (A few pages back, so these solutions came to my mind after his post) which happened to trigger the high gain mode which seems to eliminate the need for a 75ohm resistor adapter.

Anyone need to experiment, I am not sure if these adapters are going to trigger the high gain mode:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-3-5mm-1-8-TRS-Stereo-Male-Plug-To-Female-Jack-M-F-Adapter-Short/32514320124.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-Gold-plated-90-Degree-3-5mm-plug-Stereo-to-3-5mm-Stereo-Female-jack-Adaptor/32469146076.html

I only needed a volume boost on some pesky albums including a quiet vinyl rip and I wanted to test out the high impedance anyway so I bought an adapter. 

The 75 ohm impedance adapter I purchased did not work with my 30 ohm Philips X2.  Well technically the impedance adapter was working but the result didn't benefit.

The X2 was recognized as a high impedance (50 to 600 ohm) but the max volume of the X2 was basically identical to the volume without the impedance adapter rendering it useless (although toggling off the dac/amp made it really quiet, predictably).   Why is this?  I don't know the science behind it.   Maybe I should have only added 20 ohms?   But 75+30= 105ohms isn't that much for the V10. 

Anyway, I'm not going to buy a 20ohm impedance adapter or anything like that because I already got my result with the Equalizer app which has raised my volume about 4 notches for those quiet albums I have.

If I had known about the Equalizer app before hand, I wouldn't have even purchased the adapter!!  The volume boost on the app works great and now I don't need an adapter. 

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #1,371 of 3,525
It looks like wireless charger works with Zerolemon batteries:

He's using a wireless charger with LG G3 and Zerolemon battery.

Also, you can put a microSD to SD adapter with a full-sized SD card in this Zerolemon case:

This allows up to 512GB of storage extension. 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/general/half-terabyte-phone-tank-phone-550gb-t2987826

http://www.amazon.com/Micron-Consumer-Products-LSD512CBNL633-Professional/dp/B016O8HNWY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1449672361&sr=8-6&keywords=512gb+sd+card

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #1,372 of 3,525
The LG V10 took the android authority award for Best audio on the 2015 smart phone list. :)

https://youtu.be/B_JptzXUQ9g

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #1,375 of 3,525
That's just a small youtube channel award which has only 12,000 views... no big deal.

This channel has 1.6 million subs actually. Yes, the amount of crowd that it reaches might be small comparing to MKBHD or Unbox Therapy, but at least it is being recognized

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #1,376 of 3,525
I have organized the front page with the help of some members (thank you @joshnor713 and @gr8soundz) and after doing some research in the thread. If I miss anything else, please direct me to that post via PM.

I liked to give a direct and fast information to the newcomers. 

Thanks !

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #1,377 of 3,525
Hi there, I've been enjoying the V10 for two weeks and I'm in love with the combination of Tidal and the Hifi Dac.

But I have unexpected feelings about my headphones. I have Fidelio X2 and two nice IEM's (Dunu DN1000 and Ostry KC06A).

And after spending many hours with my gear I enjoy more with both IEM than with my Fidelio X2. I tried the Equalizer app for more volume and it works but I hear more sound detail and even better bass with my IEM's than the X2...

It's hard to explain but I smile more, I have more sursprises with the IEM's.

I also have a Cayin C5 Amplifier and I tried with X2 and it's an improvement but I really don't want to double amp the Fidelio. We need to unlock the high gain mode for any headphone. The Fidelio X2 reaches a decent volume but I feel them underpowered and it performs under its real potential.

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #1,378 of 3,525
i have a question about Adapters that might trigger the High Gain Mode of V10 internal amp

if i buy one and use it, does a message pop up that the high gain mode has been engaged or is it just by hearing

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #1,379 of 3,525
The Neutron developer responded to emails saying the app could work with the Sabre DAC in a future update after the marshmallow rolls out. Apparently non system apps can't choose which DAC to output to, but it doesn't explain how tidal is doing it. Seems more like an android OS issue. This was posted in the V10 audio review thread.

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #1,380 of 3,525
Yea, im really not sure why Tidal works, but not much else. Im perfectly happy with just the stock music app and Tidal though honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back