LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 29, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #1,216 of 3,525
  I'm still loving mine as well, but some annoyances have crept up on me. For starters, no matter how many times I turn off the WiFi, it turns back on. I've dug through all the settings I could think of and for whatever reason, every time I glance down at my phone it has connected back to WiFi. Not really a big deal, but it is driving me insane trying to figure it out! Also, my Gmail has stopped syncing. No matter what I try, I cannot get email in real time. If I refresh the app, the email appears, but it will not sync in real time. 

Audio is still wonderful, but this is a phone as well and as such, it's starting to annoy me. I still love it, but these are bugs of some sort that can hopefully be resolved via a software update (Marshmallow please?). 

-Collin-

I think you have your smart setting turned on.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/How-to-automate-your-LG-G4-using-Smart-Settings_id71446

Nov 30, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #1,218 of 3,525
Guys. I know I'm becoming irritating, but please help me for my previous question where I was asking a suggest about a 50+ ohms pair of in-ear headphones. I'll get your answer like a reassurance: If my 40 ohms IEM won't work good with the V10, I'll always have the alternative to buy a set with higher impedance.

I really don't know where else ask this, you are my mostly trusted professional audio source. I read that you've replied to a question about a set of cans with 50+ ohms, so please help me and readers with my same question too D:

Nov 30, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #1,219 of 3,525
Guys. I know I'm becoming irritating, but please help me for my previous question where I was asking a suggest about a 50+ ohms pair of in-ear headphones. I'll get your answer like a reassurance: If my 40 ohms IEM won't work good with the V10, I'll always have the alternative to buy a set with higher impedance.

I really don't know where else ask this, you are my mostly trusted professional audio source. I read that you've replied to a question about a set of cans with 50+ ohms, so please help me and readers with my same question too D:

This has been addressed above. As most have noted, impedance not an issue with IEMs. Perhaps with cans, though not likely with many there.

And I'd never want to recommend a headphone on the basis of impedance alone. Without an idea of sound signature and price point, I don't even know where to begin.

Back to my kickass sounding very low impedance IEMs on my V10...

Nov 30, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #1,220 of 3,525
  You are awesome my friend! That was the problem. 

-Collin-

My pleasure, was fiddling with the settings and thought that maybe the problem.

Quote:
This has been addressed above. As most have noted, impedance not an issue with IEMs. Perhaps with cans, though not likely with many there.

And I'd never want to recommend a headphone on the basis of impedance alone. Without an idea of sound signature and price point, I don't even know where to begin.

Agreed, my v10 sounds great with my westone 4r

Nov 30, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #1,221 of 3,525
Guys can you confirm the HIFI DAC works with Google play music only with downloaded music?

In XDA a couple of guys said this:

Google Play Music will only go through the DAC if the song has already been downloaded to the device, e.g. offline music and songs you've already streamed that are stored in the app's cache. Just tested this myself. Play a song you've played before and probably cached then disable/enable the DAC, you'll get a slight pause in playback that indicates the DAC is being used (you'll notice a volume difference, as well). Do the same with a song you haven't played nor have cached and do the same, you won't get that slight pause. I'm playing out of my AKG K240s and the DAC sounds amazing when it's being used. 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v10/general/music-apps-using-dac-t3252596/page3

Nov 30, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #1,222 of 3,525

Thanks again for the explanation and for the patience. Nice to know that impedance with IEMs works different, where less is better (there's why the super-prized SE846 have "only" 9 ohms of impedance).

Nov 30, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #1,223 of 3,525

q701

Nov 30, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #1,224 of 3,525
First official info about Euro release.

From january in Germany:

http://www.lgblog.de/2015/11/30/lg-smartphone-v10-kommt-nach-deutschland/

The bad news or a mistake is that they say the phone will come with 32Gb and remember that in EU there are strong regulations about high volume in phones, so it's perfectly possible they will downgrade it.

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #1,225 of 3,525

Thanks again for the explanation and for the patience. Nice to know that impedance with IEMs works different, where less is better (there's why the super-prized SE846 have "only" 9 ohms of impedance).

I think it may be going a little too far to say that less impedance is necessarily better for IEMs. Even though there are some excellent low impedance IEMs. And low impedance and high sensitivity headphones have the advantage of being easier to drive. Though there are sometimes downsides, like hearing an amp's noise or a source putting out a high impedance affecting the sound negatively, both of which make pairing an amp well with low impedance IEMs important. Thankfully, the low output impedance, very quiet V10 works great with 846s! Hurrah!  

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #1,226 of 3,525
Well, of course...I think htc m8 only used snapdragon DAC but with opamp chips and beat software to mask the sounds. I don't think it can get as detailed as the V10 a true audiophile phone with dedicated DAC and op amp.

As far as the volume, I hear using the slider and you can control it better :D, and using the button will increase too much per

Everything is true except for the "Beats" software, as HTC stopped using Beats since the One Max, now they use their own software called Boomsound and it's way better than the crappy beats

This morning, I got the chance to audition the V10, well it sounds like an AK120 but with narrower soundstage and less refined output, but it surely take the lead over every single smartphone I auditioned till now, it can be on par with most sub $500 dedicated daps but can't reach the level of lets say an Ibasso DX100 or any Astell & Kern

Nov 30, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #1,227 of 3,525
Everything is true except for the "Beats" software, as HTC stopped using Beats since the One Max, now they use their own software called Boomsound and it's way better than the crappy beats

This morning, I got the chance to audition the V10, well it sounds like an AK120 but with narrower soundstage and less refined output, but it surely take the lead over every single smartphone I auditioned till now, it can be on par with most sub $500 dedicated daps but can't reach the level of lets say an Ibasso DX100 or any Astell & Kern

What headphones were you using in this audition? And what sort of audio files? 

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #1,228 of 3,525
What headphones were you using in this audition? And what sort of audio files? 

I wasn't prepared for it, I only had my Xiaomi MI Headphones and Sony MDR EX1000 in my car, I wish that I could try it with my SE846. The track list :

1. Cluster One- Pink Floyd - flac 24/96
2. The beginning is the end - Smashing Pumpkins - flac 16/44
3. Survival- Muse - flac 24/96
4. Samba Pa Ti- Santana- flac 24/176
5. Come away with me - Norah Jones - flac 24/192

Those are my usual testing tracks and I know every single detail in them to know if they sound better or worst from a dap to another.

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #1,229 of 3,525
I wasn't prepared for it, I only had my Xiaomi MI Headphones and Sony MDR EX1000 in my car, I wish that I could try it with my SE846. The track list :

1. Cluster One- Pink Floyd - flac 24/96
2. The beginning is the end - Smashing Pumpkins - flac 16/44
3. Survival- Muse - flac 24/96
4. Samba Pa Ti- Santana- flac 24/176
5. Come away with me - Norah Jones - flac 24/192

Those are my usual testing tracks and I know every single detail in them to know if they sound better or worst from a dap to another.

Thanks. I haven't spent much time using my 846s with a DAP, but damn are they a nice pairing with the V10. Nice black background. 

Nov 30, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #1,230 of 3,525
Well, my mobile source here in Canada, MobileSyrup.com, has confirmed that LG isn't bringing the V10 to Canada. 
frown.gif
  So, my question, where do I get one?  I would like to have one that works with NA LTE bands, because I stream a lot on the go.  But I have to hear this.  The hype in this thread for the phone, I'm sure it would make my ASG 2.5's sing.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back