LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 26, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #1,142 of 3,525
I would argue that the amp in the v10 is not yet compatible with Tidal. I can hear the dac kick in but the amp won't help. I've tested this with my hd650 and bose qc25. Meanwhile in LGs Music app the amp and dac work perfectly with both headphones.

This is why you have to request LG to unlock DAC for other apps. 

https://www.facebook.com/LGUSAMobile/?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/LGMobile/?fref=ts

Send them messages about this issue....
The more of you guys do it, the more attention they get for this problem. 
At least, DAC should work with UAPP and HibyMusic which are standard android apps for high-res music.

Also, please email them:

http://www.lg.com/us/press-media/media-contacts

http://www.lg.com/us/support/chat-and-email-information

They should implement a proper folder browser as well... there's no folder browser in stock music app. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #1,143 of 3,525
I would argue that the amp in the v10 is not yet compatible with Tidal. I can hear the dac kick in but the amp won't help. I've tested this with my hd650 and bose qc25. Meanwhile in LGs Music app the amp and dac work perfectly with both headphones.

The amp is definitely working on mine with Tidal. When i toggle it on and off with my Q701 the volume drops and increases substantially.

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #1,144 of 3,525
Great, I just bombarded those pages with request. THanks for the links!

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #1,145 of 3,525
  Great, I just bombarded those pages with request. THanks for the links!

No problem. I encourage all other members to do the same. 
The following should be fixed: 

- There's no proper folder browser in stock music player...It only displays folders which have music files inside. It can't read subfolders. 
- DAC can't be used in the majority of good music player apps such as HibyMusic, UAPP, etc. 
- Stock music player has only one theme that is extremely plain. 

https://www.lg.com/us/support/email-appointment

-------------------------------

https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA/?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/theLGstory/?fref=ts

Nov 26, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #1,146 of 3,525
kawaivpc1 said:

So does Playerpro sound the same as LG V10 stock player when using Hifi mode???
Even if V10 sounds good, it will be a big mess when you put a 200GB microSD card that is full of music.
You'll see a list of thousands of albums in one screen without any subfolders.....

Yes, PlayerPro and Zplayer both switch the DAC on volume and sound control improve dramatically.

They both have trial versions that you can try out.

Nov 27, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #1,147 of 3,525
Yes, PlayerPro and Zplayer both switch the DAC on volume and sound control improve dramatically.

They both have trial versions that you can try out.

Is PlayerPro the same as UAPP (USB audio player pro)?

Edit: nevermind I found it

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #1,149 of 3,525
Hi, i am new here and to audiophile.Just started a few months ago. I got a few questions regarding lg v10...
a. Can anyone compare Lg v10 with iphone 6s plus in terms of audio quality[other than the buzzing issue]?
b. How long can lg v10 last when listening to music using ess dac?
c. Is my ath-im01[47 ohms] too much low for ess dac?[too loud for my earpiece?]
d. Will my music[16bit flac] benefit alot from the 32 bit dac?

Sorry for bombarding so many noob questions... My country did not import lg v10 so there is no way of comparing with iphone 6s plus.

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #1,150 of 3,525
Hi, i am new here and to audiophile.Just started a few months ago. I got a few questions regarding lg v10...
a. Can anyone compare Lg v10 with iphone 6s plus in terms of audio quality[other than the buzzing issue]?
b. How long can lg v10 last when listening to music using ess dac?
c. Is my ath-im01[47 ohms] too much low for ess dac?[too loud for my earpiece?]
d. Will my music[16bit flac] benefit alot from the 32 bit dac?

Sorry for bombarding so many noob questions... My country did not import lg v10 so there is no way of comparing with iphone 6s plus.

Can't answer all of these, but here's what I can give input on:

C) I wouldn't worry about the headphones being 47 ohm. This low impedance thing is very overblown here IMHO. Headphones at almost any impedance will benefit relative to what is found in other phones.
D) Yes, 16 bit FLAC will certainly benefit. I'm finding that 128kbps and 320kbps Mp3 both also benefit as well.

Nov 27, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #1,151 of 3,525
Just placed my order!

Good deal from Verizon this weekend. They have it marked down to $572 for the weekend. And, there was a $100 off upgrade promo that knocked it down to $472.

Plus, LG has a $100 prepaid card promo right now. The V10 for $372? Yes, please!

My only hesitation is that I've read several reports of the headphone jack going bad, but I'll take my chances with the 1-year warranty.

Plan to pair it with my DT1350...

Nov 27, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #1,152 of 3,525
I haven't come Across any issues regarding the audio jack. Has anyone?

Nov 27, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #1,153 of 3,525
Just placed my order!

Good deal from Verizon this weekend. They have it marked down to $572 for the weekend. And, there was a $100 off upgrade promo that knocked it down to $472.

Plus, LG has a $100 prepaid card promo right now. The V10 for $372? Yes, please!

My only hesitation is that I've read several reports of the headphone jack going bad, but I'll take my chances with the 1-year warranty.

Plan to pair it with my DT1350...

Great deal. I wouldn't hesitate. My brother is a pro photographer and his jaw dropped after using the camera yesterday. He changed his mind about buying another Note and is getting the V10.

I haven't come Across any issues regarding the audio jack. Has anyone?

Only saw one poster having issues with it (not multiples). Already tried a dozen headphones and devices direct to mine. Now try to avoid constant plugging/unplugging to save wear n tear.

Don't feel the headphone jack is more delicate than other phones but will probably get more use from the V10's better sound output. V10 is still fairly thin (back cover even has cut-out to make room). Don't know how much stronger it can be with so little shell around it.

Nov 27, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #1,155 of 3,525
Not true... V10 can be purchased for $400 after $100 card from Verizon and $100 rebate from LG.
They won't go lower.

Ummmm, okay.  

On sale for $572 if you choose monthly payments.  Kind of funny that you don't get the discount if you buy the device outright.

-$100 for UPGRADE promo entered at checkout = $472.  I assume this only works for people who are due for a phone upgrade.

-$100 for LG Rebate = $372.

But that's cool.  Guess I'm either a liar, or just really bad at math.  And, as a math teacher, that would be highly unfortunate. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back