LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 21, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #976 of 3,525

Could you please describe how far is it from your R10? I own DX100 and consider buying V10.
I am especially interested in scene dimensions and tone aspects...

Will be doing some A/B comparisons soon. May take some time to match the R10's gain setting and volume to the V10. I'm not the best at accurately describing sound differences but I'll post what I hear.

Nov 21, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #978 of 3,525
I've tried to keep up with this thread (and about a dozen others throughout the interwebs)... Just wanted to add more feedback. Dunno if it has been discussed yet. Hadn't seen it.

So far for me I can confirm HiFi Dac working with the stock player (obviously), Google Music, and Double Twist player. Not so with Rocket, Poweramp, Onkyo, and Neutron.

Confirm in the sense that I get the pause when toggling, I hear a volume difference, and the L/R gain adjustments actually work. None of these are the case with the other players.

I've used my PM-3s, HD600, and my truck stereo with Aux cable.

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #979 of 3,525
How about PlayerPro? Fully working or are there any exceptions?

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #980 of 3,525
  Ok. Makes sense, but on paper it means the fidelio x2 thanks to it's low impedance and the automatic low setting in the phone are a energy efficient match... 

But if you set the maximum volume are you feeling they really need more? 

Next week I will receive the v10 and I plan to compare and choose fidelio x2 or sony mdr z7.

Both are impedance "friendly" and I'm really looking forward witch will match my music taste. I like all kinds of music, but a nice bass usually draws a smile on my face. 

I have Philips X2.

Speaking for lossless LG app music only as that's all I've listen to so far. Totally depends on the track/album.  Some albums feel maxed at 65/75, some at 75/75, and a couple needing another notch.   Most of my electronica albums max out at 65/70 which is awesome.  You never want that to feel under powered (incredible bass too).  Live Pete Frampton & Live Phish are maxed out at 70 for best experience - 75 is pushing ear damaging levels.  Van Halen is maxed at 70. The Doors is maxed at 70/75 and I definitely wouldn't go louder. Talking Heads is maxed out at 75 and also plenty. You'll start running into trouble if you're trying to blast easier listening rock like Phil Collins to ear bleeding levels. "In the air tonight" could have used another notch.  Also, the Hans Zimmer "Inception" 24bit/96k Vinyl Rip I have doesn't come close to being maxed out and needs a lot more juice but I think that's the fault of the way it was ripped.  It's the only Vinyl Rip i've tested so I don't know if this is an outlier or not.

It looks like the guys just found some impedence adapters that will work if you want some extra juice so I might give one of those a purchase to use "as needed".  But I personally wouldn't use it all the time for my batteries sake.  

The pro however is that the battery lasts forever on both of my 32 ohms headphones while still sounding amazing.  It seems to hardly phase the battery when using it as a DAP. 

Overall the Philips X2 sounds amazing with the V10.  Incredible soundstage, detail, & bass. You will run into some volume trouble if you're trying to blast easy listening music to ear bleeding levels. Quietly ripped vinyls also pose a volume problem. Albeit the sacrifice yields incredible battery life and can be remedied with impedence adapters.

Edit:  With the discovery of Equalizer app, Volume on quieter albums/vinyl rips are no longer a problem.  The app boosts volume/amp about 4 steps which is plenty for any pesky songs/albums you might encounter. 

Nov 21, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #981 of 3,525
I've tried to keep up with this thread (and about a dozen others throughout the interwebs)... Just wanted to add more feedback. Dunno if it has been discussed yet. Hadn't seen it.

So far for me I can confirm HiFi Dac working with the stock player (obviously), Google Music, and Double Twist player. Not so with Rocket, Poweramp, Onkyo, and Neutron.

Confirm in the sense that I get the pause when toggling, I hear a volume difference, and the L/R gain adjustments actually work. None of these are the case with the other players.

I've used my PM-3s, HD600, and my truck stereo with Aux cable.

What's s your experience with the V10 and the HD650s?

Nov 21, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #982 of 3,525
What's s your experience with the V10 and the HD650s?

Only tried the 600s.

I think they're tremendous. I'm still trying to flesh out the differences between the PM-3s and 600s with this phone. I'll try to be more helpful later. Honestly, I've spent more effort trying to set up the phone with my truck. I actually like either the stock player or Rocket the best for that.

Nov 21, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #984 of 3,525
Only tried the 600s.

I think they're tremendous. I'm still trying to flesh out the differences between the PM-3s and 600s with this phone. I'll try to be more helpful later. Honestly, I've spent more effort trying to set up the phone with my truck. I actually like either the stock player or Rocket the best for that.

ok, let me know. I'm pairing the v10 with the HD650, Loving the sound out of my setup. A+

Nov 22, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #985 of 3,525

Think I'll try one of the impedance adapters. Might allow for the extra power my PM-3 needs with the V10.

I guess no one else tried using mic/remote cables. Will have to see if the impedance adapter helps there too.

Nov 22, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #987 of 3,525
Hey guy's.
Yesterday, I meat my friend and he brings ZX2. I do a listening a couple of hours ZX2 with Z7 and V10 with Z7. My conclusion: only one thing is better in ZX2, the tonality realism, but the rest I better in V10, clarity, separations, stage and one thing that LG have a much more: POWER. So, for me: V10>ZX2 :)

Nov 22, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #988 of 3,525
hey guys i really appreciate an answer as there is an offer from 6-8pm israel time just for today

if you install viper4android can u still use the hifi dac or not??? as I am confused now which dac will be in use if you use viper4android

Nov 22, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #989 of 3,525
it seems more and more companies will use hifi dacs samsung might be in the game as welll

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-may-equip-the-Galaxy-S7-with-a-top-shelf-ESS-audio-chip_id74942

Users who are viewing this thread

Back