LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 20, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #962 of 3,525
Managed to keep the Sabre DAC on when switching to Neutron player for crossfeed. Earlier it didn't work for whatever reason. I am a happy camper.

Does anyone know if the V10 natively resamples all tracks to 48Khz like the recent Samsung phones? I don't see a 44.1Khz option in Neutron like on my note 2.

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #964 of 3,525
Managed to keep the Sabre DAC on when switching to Neutron player for crossfeed. Earlier it didn't work for whatever reason. I am a happy camper.

Does anyone know if the V10 natively resamples all tracks to 48Khz like the recent Samsung phones? I don't see a 44.1Khz option in Neutron like on my note 2.

How were you able to keep it on?
My DAC only works with default music app.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #965 of 3,525
  What do you mean with "no real change"?

You didn't like the X2 with the V10?

By 'no real change' I meant the impedance of the Fidelio X1 and X2 (both 30 ohms) isn't high enough to trigger the adaptive amp. Compared to the Koss PortaPro (60 ohms), switching the HiFi on and off there is a major difference. The DAC is scaled for headphones/speakers with a range of 50 ohms - 600 ohms.

I'll do some critical listening with the X2's this afternoon though.

Nov 21, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #966 of 3,525
  EDIT: Also, does anyone know a way to keep the music player displaying in the 2nd screen when the main screen is off? Doesn't seem to be any way to do it in the options.

Settings / Display / Second Screen / Show when main screen on / Select 'On' / Select 'Music player'

You can drag it up or down to set priority when you're side scrolling. I think you can only swipe to the right to get to it once the screen is off.

Nov 21, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #967 of 3,525
  Settings / Display / Second Screen / Show when main screen on / Select 'On' / Select 'Music player'

You can drag it up or down to set priority when you're side scrolling. I think you can only swipe to the right to get to it once the screen is off.

Already have music player as top priority when the screen is on.

When off, the music controls don't stay even after swiping right (it disappears after a few seconds). Its like LG didn't want us to navigating through music unless the screen is on.

They need to add more 2nd screen options (than just date/time and signature?) when the main display is off. It needs to have music controls with a volume slider as an option.

Nov 21, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #968 of 3,525
I think buying a impedance adapter like this one

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/291329605627

Will help trigger the amp, until a workaround is figured out

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #970 of 3,525
 What do you mean with "no real change"?

You didn't like the X2 with the V10?

By 'no real change' I meant the impedance of the Fidelio X1 and X2 (both 30 ohms) isn't high enough to trigger the adaptive amp. Compared to the Koss PortaPro (60 ohms), switching the HiFi on and off there is a major difference. The DAC is scaled for headphones/speakers with a range of 50 ohms - 600 ohms.

I'll do some critical listening with the X2's this afternoon though.

Ok, thanks. But not triggering the adaptive amp with low impedance headphones is a bad thing?

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #972 of 3,525
Ok, thanks. But not triggering the adaptive amp with low impedance headphones is a bad thing?

There's a reason most DAPs have short battery life. The dac and amp chips use a lot more power than SOCs.

LG designed everything in the V10 with auto-sensing and auto off to conserve battery.

High impedance on the dac sounds better and has a lot more power available but will drain the battery much faster. I went through about 50% battery quicker than I anticipated with my V10 in high mode.

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #973 of 3,525
Ok. Makes sense, but on paper it means the fidelio x2 thanks to it's low impedance and the automatic low setting in the phone are a energy efficient match... 

But if you set the maximum volume are you feeling they really need more? 

Next week I will receive the v10 and I plan to compare and choose fidelio x2 or sony mdr z7.

Both are impedance "friendly" and I'm really looking forward witch will match my music taste. I like all kinds of music, but a nice bass usually draws a smile on my face. 

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #974 of 3,525

Been using the V10 for about an hour and I feel thankful to FINALLY have a phone where both the music sound quality AND the camera are among the best (if not the current best).

The sound quality is great. So far its very close (or only a small step below) my DAPs. Will post further details later.

Could you please describe how far is it from your R10? I own DX100 and consider buying V10.
I am especially interested in scene dimensions and tone aspects...

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #975 of 3,525
Could you please describe how far is it from your R10? I own DX100 and consider buying V10.
I am especially interested in scene dimensions and tone aspects...

Link to compare v10 vs Sony zx2 here. Basically it is very good in expressing dimensional stages, zx2 has the upper hand with TRRS connection. Tonality realism is a huge step back from Zx2, but everything else from clarity, separation, detail, and neutral are pretty much top notch. The powerful amplifier chip is a huge bonus.

As a couple had been pointing out....it is a smartphone which can be rooted and further improve your listening experiences, and countless many other features. A great buy.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/785335/lg-v10-hi-fi-audio-quality-review-on-serious-audio-performance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back