LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 16, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #826 of 3,525
I'm not against covers and case. I use to use them all the time. What I think now is, we pay big $ for The phone and part of that is for the design and beauty of it. Why cover that with a ugly case if we pay for insurance too. Plus these phablets are big enough why make it bigger.

True, I dislike making a phablet even bigger, but I have to make sure my phone works even after a drop and that it lasts long enough to afford the expense.

Nov 16, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #827 of 3,525
I like the design of this phone and most other phones. I think they just look better without an ugly case on. Kinda like taking a brand new fancy looking car and sticking one of the leather bras on the front.

This phone is also massive already, a case would only make it larger. Ive always really careful with my electronics anyway.

Cases are less pleasant but safer in the long run, similar to seat belts in a car.

The V10 looks fairly rugged on its own (has some IP/military drop spec) so the case will only add to that. Guess I care more about safety/functionality than appearance.

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #828 of 3,525
For all cellphones in general I'd get a transparent case and use that for about year. Can't help it, I baby all my gear. And I have a toddler in the house.

I let it go naked after the warranty's up. By then scratches and small bumps won't matter.

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #830 of 3,525
I hate adding a case, especially on a beautiful device, but not nearly as much as that $175 deductible. That was for Notes, maybe this device is a little cheaper.

Don't know how much deductible is either but the V10 is already $100 cheaper than a Note 5. Was able to get my V10 with a $100 off coupon plus I'll be able to get the free 200gb micro sd card and extra battery through LG.

If it sounds as good as the reviews, makes it a steal compared to how much companies are asking for standalone android daps. Plus the V10 has 4 gigs of ram compared to 1 or 2 gigs in more expensive daps like the Fiio X7 and the ZX2.

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #832 of 3,525
  Only downside of this are the speakers

Yeah, I wish LG had put a large, front-facing speaker on it. Plenty of room at the bottom front but I believe that's where the ESS chip and amp reside (saw interview with LG engineer saying he wanted the dac/amp chips there so they'd be close as possible to the headphone out for less interference). So perhaps not enough room inside for a larger speaker despite the phone's large size.

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #834 of 3,525

Don't you have to root the phone to be able to install V4a and Dolby?

Tested installing V4a on my unrooted Note 3 but it needs another app installed first and that app needs root access to work.

Don't plan to root my V10.

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #836 of 3,525
Hello Guy's :)
I'm from Poland, yesterdey my LG V10 arrived to me.
I'm very happy with this phone, one of the best i ever have :).
But, there is one issue that i have with the ESS Dac (Hi-Fi mode).
I only play music with the stock player. Now, when i plug headphones that have low impedence (max to 50ohm, like my Sony XBA-H3 or B&W P7) the toggle Hi-Fi off/on don't change enything! Now difference with volume or quality... but, when i plug headphones that have more Ohms, like my Sennheiser PC High model, have maybe 200ohm, then when i toggle on/off Hi-Fi i hear BIG difference with volume and sound quality! Some One of Yiou guy's have the same issue? Please respond, this is big trouble for me :/.
Thx for advise.

PS: sorry for my English, i know is not perfect :p

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #838 of 3,525
Could it be the adaptive amp/pump feature? Basically, the amp can tell how much resistance is in the headphones and adjusts the volume/current to compensate. That may be why some headphones don't sound so loud while others do? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Nov 17, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #839 of 3,525
I like the design of this phone and most other phones. I think they just look better without an ugly case on. Kinda like taking a brand new fancy looking car and sticking one of the leather bras on the front.

This phone is also massive already, a case would only make it larger. Ive always really careful with my electronics anyway.

Not if you use a transparant case. Ringke fusion black looks really sick on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back