LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 15, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #796 of 3,525
Thanks for the concerns. By looking at your graph im no where near danger zone and the time needed for damage to occur.

Anyways back on topic.

I wished that when you drag the drop down menu, they would have added a volume slider. This way i dont need to reach the back of the phone to adjust volume.

On my Verizon variant you can put a volume slider in the notification panel.

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #800 of 3,525

In the LG Promotion form they had a question that said "What feature do you like most about the V10" with a bunch of options and the ESS DAC/Amp wasn't even listed.  I was "cmon!"  Let me praise you guys for it.

But I agree. Let's hope this starts a trend.

I think there was the option for 'other' because I remember specifically tying hi-fi. But yeah....

Nov 15, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #803 of 3,525
I have nothing meaningful to add here other than I continue to be blown away. I've been stuck in a hotel room for nine days now and I am so happy I bought this phone the day before I left and brought my DN-2000Js. Seriously, this combo is absolutely fantastic. It can drive these to ear-shattering levels and it is so crisp and clear with a very punchy and neutral sound signature, but with powerful bass when the music calls for it. Still on cloud nine even after having the phone for 10 days.

As a phone, it's also wonderful. I've experienced equal or better battery life than my Note 5 and I prefer the build of this much more (especially the fingerprint reader location). Now, the camera, geez. It is freakin' fantastic. Walking around the national mall today, I'd be hard pressed to tell these from a "real" camera.

I have only one annoyance, and we're splitting hairs here. Everything about the phone is perfect except one thing: the light bleed on the second screen. I sleep with it next to my bed and I notice it quite prominently. I've seen others mention this. Are you guys experiencing the same? It doesn't really bother me that much, but you get this feeling of quality control when looking at it. Otherwise, everything is spot on. This is what the Note 5 should have been, but I'm gunning for LG here. Anyone who spends this amount of effort on sound quality and then sells me the phone for $250 less than the Note 5 wins my business and will continue to do so.

/end of my happy rant

-Collin-

Edit: I thought of one more "ask" and that's the addition of Qi charging. Once I have that, I'll take this phone to the grave with me. Hopefully the backs for Qi wireless charging are almost here.

Nov 15, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #804 of 3,525
I'm truly loving this device as well. The sound is light years ahead of any other cell phone. Right now I'm listening to my asg g2 through the V10... I've never heard them sound this good...ever. Enjoying them more than every dap I've owned. Some nice daps too:

AK100ii,AK120II, RWAK120B with intruder amp, and the almighty AK240 (even amped with a Cayin C5).

Sony zx1 and zx2 (again amped with Cayin C5)
Fiio X1 and X3og.

Last and certainly least Note 4 with same apps...

I've never heard such incredible bass and extended treble from the asg g2.. I'm actually super happy.

Viper4Android was the final addition, really brought the power out of the amp of the phone, while still using the ess dac. It's simply amazing. LG really hit a home run with this phone.

Nov 15, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #805 of 3,525
Crazy to see it beats out some good daps.

Nov 15, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #807 of 3,525
With my asg g2, yes. I don't know about other IEMS. I've just never heard these with such massive amounts of bass, with beautiful treble extension. Not taking away from my other daps, especially the AK240 and zx2. They were amazing daps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back