LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 9, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #603 of 3,525
Here's my detailed review of the V10: http://www.androidguys.com/2015/11/09/lg-v10-review-could-this-underdog-be-the-phablet-of-the-year/

Nov 9, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #605 of 3,525
Nov 9, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #607 of 3,525
  Here's my detailed review of the V10: http://www.androidguys.com/2015/11/09/lg-v10-review-could-this-underdog-be-the-phablet-of-the-year/

Good read,  I kind of figured that the v10 was the phone to beat when it came out.  I almost missed it because I didn't even know that Lg was coming out with another flagship that undermined the g4.  I was about to grab the note5.  Luckily for another member mentioning it, I jumped on the v10.  Only thing I wished they did was include a stylus.

Also looking at your black one, I wished I opted for the black now....o'well, just have to go get it from my brother, since we had to trick verizons system to upgrade our phones and keep UDP.  Can't wait to get my hands on it...  Damn person is using it instead of his note5 till i go get it.

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #609 of 3,525

Good read,  I kind of figured that the v10 was the phone to beat when it came out.  I almost missed it because I didn't even know that Lg was coming out with another flagship that undermined the g4.  I was about to grab the note5.  Luckily for another member mentioning it, I jumped on the v10.  Only thing I wished they did was include a stylus.

Also looking at your black one, I wished I opted for the black now....o'well, just have to go get it from my brother, since we had to trick verizons system to upgrade our phones and keep UDP.  Can't wait to get my hands on it...  Damn person is using it instead of his note5 till i go get it.

Haha, that's funny, because I thought the white one looked snazzy. T-Mobile only has the black one.

Yeah, gonna be hard to switch to anything else in the future and give up this dedicated DAC feature. My SE846 aren't even dead silent with my iBasso MK2 (I get a slight hiss). I hope more OEM's focus on audio in smartphones like LG did!

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #611 of 3,525
Yupe V10 is dead silence
biggrin.gif
. The only problem is that the hifi DAC only work with certain apps.

So whats the deal whit.  You getting one?

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #612 of 3,525

Haha, that's funny, because I thought the white one looked snazzy. T-Mobile only has the black one.

Yeah, gonna be hard to switch to anything else in the future and give up this dedicated DAC feature. My SE846 aren't even dead silent with my iBasso MK2 (I get a slight hiss). I hope more OEM's focus on audio in smartphones like LG did!

The grass is always greener...right 
wink.gif

Like I said, other manufacturers better peep game, because the game has just changed.  Pretty much say good-by to DAPs too, when everyone finally decides to implement a DAC into their phones.

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #613 of 3,525
Hopefully that'll be the case. Hopefully the phone does well for LG, and hopefully other companies do the same thing. Replaceable batteries and expandable storage need to continue as well.

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #614 of 3,525
Hi I read the ESS 9018C2M product brief and it mentioned the ability of DSD decoding. Does anyone know how to play DSD files on Android? I have never used android phone, so I am quite curious :)
http://www.esstech.com/files/8714/4095/2156/SABRE9018C2M_PB_v0.9_141212.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back