LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Oct 4, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #31 of 3,525
great, now just make it with 5.0" screen -_- it's getting really iritating all those vivo, meizu, qiku and now LG with those HUGE screens. I don't need smartphone that I cannot put into my pocket -_-

Oct 4, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #32 of 3,525
V series is the new LG line in phablet, just to compete with note and plus series from Samsung and Apple. It is also the most sophisticated and advanced at the release by LG.

Now for all those said I loved G3 music play back and battery life. I know LG knows their stuff in music, so with this combination of everything DAC+Op amp from ESS, I doubt it would be bad in sound. It would be superb. There is no need for external clocking, pumping, so virtually there is minimal effects of iutside components to alter the sound quality of this combination. ESS wants to stay the purest to the source, so they made this. For so long now, different players were gunned differently by the use of the same DAC , but alternated by outside components during a ping process...etc. Well, ESS has a solution....no more iutside tuning, just pure ESS with the use of 9602 op amp. V10 will be the first out of all DAPs to use this....hell, I won't be surprised if it sounds superb. Imagine, ESS was superb from DAC, now ESS pure amp :D

Having looked at ESS schematic and all, I hope that LG did use Audiophile quality components such as high grade capacitors, resistors...etc, and give it a good shielding.

On another note, V-10 is not about music only, but camera is also top notch, while Samsung is tinkering with dual camera, V10 has it now. Better selfie angle, depth...etc. the back camera has ISO adjustment....etc, that is the first for smartphone :D

Now, onto microphone. I always thought to myself about what if a smartphone could sound so good (ESS chips) and has the ability to record so well for (Karaoke) as well ? Hell.....V-10 has 3 high-end microphones lol.....and also uses the recording technology from ESS op amp as well !

Jesus.....I can not prop LG enough. I am sure this phone will be the biggest hit LG ever seen. I am in!

Oct 4, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #34 of 3,525
V series is the new LG line in phablet, just to compete with note and plus series from Samsung and Apple. It is also the most sophisticated and advanced at the release by LG.

Now for all those said I loved G3 music play back and battery life. I know LG knows their stuff in music, so with this combination of everything DAC+Op amp from ESS, I doubt it would be bad in sound. It would be superb. There is no need for external clocking, pumping, so virtually there is minimal effects of iutside components to alter the sound quality of this combination. ESS wants to stay the purest to the source, so they made this. For so long now, different players were gunned differently by the use of the same DAC , but alternated by outside components during a ping process...etc. Well, ESS has a solution....no more iutside tuning, just pure ESS with the use of 9602 op amp. V10 will be the first out of all DAPs to use this....hell, I won't be surprised if it sounds superb. Imagine, ESS was superb from DAC, now ESS pure amp
biggrin.gif

Having looked at ESS schematic and all, I hope that LG did use Audiophile quality components such as high grade capacitors, resistors...etc, and give it a good shielding.

On another note, V-10 is not about music only, but camera is also top notch, while Samsung is tinkering with dual camera, V10 has it now. Better selfie angle, depth...etc. the back camera has ISO adjustment....etc, that is the first for smartphone
biggrin.gif

Now, onto microphone. I always thought to myself about what if a smartphone could sound so good (ESS chips) and has the ability to record so well for (Karaoke) as well ? Hell.....V-10 has 3 high-end microphones lol.....and also uses the recording technology from ESS op amp as well !

Jesus.....I can not prop LG enough. I am sure this phone will be the biggest hit LG ever seen. I am in!

If I were at LG's marketing department, I'd hire you, lol.
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #35 of 3,525
  Very interested....with 2Tb card support, Sabre ESS9018C2M and ESS9602C that can drive 600 ohms headphones. If it sounds as good as it's super duper specs then there's no need for any DAP...get the V10 instead 
wink.gif

Honestly, the V10 has the specs that looks too good to be true but we shall soon find out when it's officially launched.
Here's the link where ESS announced that their chipsets are used in the LG V10: http://www.esstech.com/files/2314/4372/5609/Clean_LG_Press_Release_0-01-2015.pdf

Surprised they went this far. plenty of real estate but still. I honestly don't think it will be as good as the top purpose built devices for a few reasons but it can be as good or better than many mid-fi units and will eliminate the need of DAPs for many.

Oct 4, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #36 of 3,525
  Surprised they went this far. plenty of real estate but still. I honestly don't think it will be as good as the better purpose built devices for a few reasons but it can be as good or better than many mid-fi units and will eliminate the need of DAPs for many.

They must be using a U.A.P.P like app because they have to get around ALSA and audiofinger. That's not an automatic as android enforces it's will on most dacs that can go high as 24/192 but will not do it unless ALSA is bypassed. So there is that. 2nd 28mW @ 32    49mW @ 32ohm is not gonna "drive" planars....it won't drive my 16 ohm SZ . It's gonna need an amp stage like the X7 or you need another outboard solution. 3rd is the immense noise going on in a very busy board where an axternal dac would perform much better.

I'm on the 5.7" screen wagon and have been but this solution is under powered and unless they got some kind of shielding for the dac by design or otherwise it's going to be effected.
This looks awesome and 4 gigs is epic.. but power?....ALSA negotiating via what? and that nice dac sitting in a signal mine field ....

I am curious about it all except the power as that is done. some IEM fine but over ear on 28mW.....hmmmm

I'm subbed and watching
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #37 of 3,525

They must be using a U.A.P.P like app because they have to get around ALSA and audiofinger. That's not an automatic as android enforces it's will on most dacs that can go high as 24/192 but will not do it unless ALSA is bypassed. So there is that. 2nd 28mW @ 32 ohm is not gonna "drive" planars....it won't drive my 16 ohm SZ . It's gonna need an amp stage like the X7 or you need another outboard solution. 3rd is the immense noise going on in a very busy board where an axternal dac would perform much better.

I'm on the 5.7" screen wagon and have been but this solution is under powered and unless they got some kind of shielding for the dac by design or otherwise it's going to be effected.
This looks awesome and 4 gigs is epic.. but power?....ALSA negotiating via what? and that nice dac sitting in a signal mine field ....

I am curious about it all except the power as that is done. some IEM fine but over ear on 28mW.....hmmmm

I'm subbed and watching
biggrin.gif

Where are you getting this 28mw number from? 

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #39 of 3,525

That is not quiet the right number. There is a built-in adaptive pump within the new ESS op amp chip. It deliver 2VRms at 600 ohms load. So 49mw into 32 ohms is only a general number. When talk about loads from speakers, we need the "rms", and adaptive means it will pump out as much as required by the loads. Simple put, a 32 ohms load may need more than 49 maw to operate fully, hence that number is not a fixed number. Key words

1/ Adaptive amplification
2/ Max output 2Vrms into 600 ohms.

Now that can drive the grand mother of HD800 too

http://www.esstech.com/files/5814/4095/2894/SABRE9602Q_PB_v0.6_141212.pdf

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #40 of 3,525
I must be missing something. How can it drive 600ohm headphones then? I'm lost. My M9 puts out more power at 32ohm.

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #41 of 3,525
I must be missing something. How can it drive 600ohm headphones then? I'm lost. My M9 puts out more power at 32ohm.

Huh ? There is no other Op amp can perform better than ESS 9602 on the market at the moment (tech-wise, performance wise) newly announced last month in CES 2015. If you had been reading around, ESS is preferable over other Wolfson and Cirrus on the market by now. The new 9602 OP-amp is another icing on the cake that pull ESS miles ahead to others.

Oct 4, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #42 of 3,525
That is not quiet the right number. There is a built-in adaptive pump within the new ESS op amp chip. It deliver 2VRms at 600 ohms load. So 49mw into 32 ohms is only a general number. When talk about loads from speakers, we need the "rms", and adaptive means it will pump out as much as required by the loads. Simple put, a 32 ohms load may need more than 49 maw to operate fully, hence that number is not a fixed number. Key words

1/ Adaptive amplification
2/ Max output 2Vrms into 600 ohms.

Now that can drive the grand mother of HD800 too

http://www.esstech.com/files/5814/4095/2894/SABRE9602Q_PB_v0.6_141212.pdf

http://www.esstech.com/files/7914/4095/2159/SABRE9602C_PB_v0.6_141212.pdf

Not the "Q"...it's the "C" FYI and  49mW into 32ohm is not a general number it is an exact stated #.
The output impedance of the device is what? That's a pretty important #.

I stick with my comment. You will see this sexy phone and after a couple months most posted pics will be stacked. That ain't a bad thing. Plenty of thin supplemental power supplies available

Oct 4, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #45 of 3,525
As long as it can drive Oppo PM-3 and Earsonics Velvet with authority and quality, it's more than enough for me. I'm not going to go around town with LCD-4 on my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back