LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Jan 5, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #1,696 of 3,525
http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8494-poweramp-alpha-build-700/

- mp3, aac, ogg vorbis, opus and other lossy formats now decoded directly to 32-bit float representaion (no intermediate conversions)
- opus, tak, mka, dsf, dff formats support

don't know what kind of 'support' ...

on the other hand, haven't got a full straight answer (yet)  from LG tech support either on DoP, 'native' DSD etc 

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #1,697 of 3,525
Anyone else have a good deal of wiggle in the V10 micro-USB port? 

The micro-USB connection to my new KSE1500's DAC keeps cutting out, and I need to troubleshoot whether or not it is the phone (sadly don't have easy access to another phone with micro-USB; all my damn friends seem to have iPhones). 

Any feedback would be much appreciated. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #1,698 of 3,525
  I think, this version of PowerAmp will be my new best player on V10!
Sound is more dynamic, bas is better and more controlled in favor of the alpha PowerAmp, compared to the stock player.
An earlier version was worse than stock player, but this alpha is better, and we have here very good equalizer, so the choice is only one :D

PS: Oh, and I wish everyone all the best for the New Year

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8494-poweramp-alpha-build-700/

don't know what kind of 'support' ...

on the other hand, haven't got a full straight answer (yet)  from LG tech support either on DoP, 'native' DSD etc 

how does PowerAmp compare to Neutron? 

I know Kramer has enjoyed Neutron him self, I saw him on that thread a few weeks back 

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #1,699 of 3,525

how does PowerAmp compare to Neutron? 

I know Kramer has enjoyed Neutron him self, I saw him on that thread a few weeks back 

sorry, me still in fatiguing indecisive mode with the LG V10, waiting for european (swedish) release 20th january ... or waiting game for samsung s7, lenovo x3 , Mi 5, LG G5 etc ..

I am furthermore investigating hi-fi smartphones and alsorts codec support (DSD in particular)   

Jan 6, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #1,704 of 3,525
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, i like poweramp now much more :grinning:

...... I know other media players are great, but I still stick with poweramp. It's simple and excellent sounding as well....

Jan 6, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #1,705 of 3,525
Downloaded and purchased Power Amp!
Installed on the LG V10 and find it to be better audio compared to the stock LG player...

Listening with my new MEE M6 PRO IEM that I received today! 
L3000.gif

Jan 6, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #1,706 of 3,525
Huh? I'm not having any battery issues. In fact I'm at about 70% right now after using it all day.

I'm having issues with 1440 resolution YouTube videos and a small portion of the screen going unresponsive. The second issue has a workaround.

.... it's a Workaround......

Jan 6, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #1,707 of 3,525
  Downloaded and purchased Power Amp!
Installed on the LG V10 and find it to be better audio compared to the stock LG player...

Listening with my new MEE M6 PRO IEM that I received today! 
L3000.gif

.... Congrats ...... I've been using this for more than 3 years (Poweramp) ...... No issues..... This is better than the LG stock media player if not, the UI is way, way better....  :)

Jan 6, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #1,709 of 3,525
Ok I just installed it, used the optimize function, which looks like it disables every background application. It extended when the freezer happens by about 30 seconds. But it still happens, is there anything in particular I have to do?

.... Unfortunately Non, the default setting is enough..  :frowning2: so sorry 'bout your unit.... I hope u have extended warranty for a replacement should any software issue can't sort this out...

Jan 6, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #1,710 of 3,525
Guys,
           as suggested here, I tried my koss portapro with the LG V10 and wow it is driving it in high power mode. For the money the sound pairing with V10 is very very good. This is going to be permanently in my travel bag as well. Thanks for the heads up guys .Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back