LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Mar 14, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #1,141 of 1,179
Oh no, my phone is stuck on the frigen lifes Good boot screen, I'm feeling really really not good about this.

I have contacted the eBay seller QD_AU and am patiently waiting for a reply.

The phone is only 9 months old, and this is seriously pathetic that LG can not address this issue since the G4 model.
I wouldn't touch this model or any other LG product :pensive:. Shame on you LG

Hopefully your V10 can get past that screen and work normally. Mine is still working 100% but only I only use it lightly.

True, if this stuff has happened before and keeps happening on LG phones no one would blame you if going with another brand.

Here's one to consider with better audiophile hardware (dual dac and balanced out):
http://www.jp.onkyo.com/audiovisual/smartphone/granbeat/

Mar 14, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #1,142 of 1,179
Hopefully your V10 can get past that screen and work normally. Mine is still working 100% but only I only use it lightly.

True, if this stuff has happened before and keeps happening on LG phones no one would blame you if going with another brand.

Here's one to consider with better audiophile hardware (dual dac and balanced out):
http://www.jp.onkyo.com/audiovisual/smartphone/granbeat/

The Onkyo looks like a great alternative.
Unfortunately once your device is stuck at the LG lifes not good screen, that's it for it, it will not go past it. I can't believe this.

I will reheat the 2 main IC on the board with a hot air solder station, if I can not get a warranty service on it, there are many clips on YouTube about the G4 issue, I believe it's the same problem in the V10. I'm so angry because I really loved this phone.

Mar 15, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #1,143 of 1,179
Yep. LG has bad build quality and bad attitude towards it's aftersales service. I know I sound like a broken record.... But you really gotta watch the heat with this phone... Since it's due for an upgrade soon (7.0)remember when installing firmware upgrade get your Ziploc out and throw it in the freezer...

Mar 15, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #1,144 of 1,179
Ok V10 is up and running again, I downloaded LG bridge software and with the V10 off and battery plugged in hold the volume up key while plugging V10 in to the computer.
After upgrading to Android v6 it's up and running again, with no data lost.
I have lost root access unfortunately.
Life is good again :sweat_smile:

The ebay seller QD_AU is a top seller, and has gotton back to us, within 24hrs. With a bunch of support questions, but it's great that he responded.
Good after sales support.

It seems Android V6 sounds better than version 5.1.1 with no need to use the hi-fi hack app.

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #1,145 of 1,179

Interesting. Maybe I am wrong but I understood that this only is used for communication. Not for audio transmission, as apt-x can use the digital source files directly and transcode rather than decode/encode. As outlined here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AptX

Anyhow - I don't know enough about it to dive too deep into it, found this part interesting:
 With the aptX audio codec source material is transparently delivered over the Bluetooth link, whether it is stored uncompressed or in an alternative compression (MP3, AAC, FLAC) format.
confused_face_2.gif

Cheers.

Interesting theme, and I'm not sure. But if he transfers the undecoded signal digitally, doesn't it mean that the receiver (in this case my UE9000) have to be able to decode the Hi-Res files on board? Which they do flawlessly, but I'm sure that the UE9000s doesn't have "hi-res-DAC".

What I'm thinking is that for Bluetooth transmission, the V10 DACed the signal using its "normal" chip (not the ESS), and it is this analog signal that gets transmitted. The sound is way better using wired, off course, but I've experienced better sound using other Bluetooth (aptx) sources with my UE9000.

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #1,146 of 1,179
After researching a bit I have to correct myself completely - Bluetooth only transmitts digital signals. Hi-Res files are basically compressed/downsampled before transmittion.

So basically, there is no new information - Bluetooth is a compromise. So someone please explain why the iPhone 7 has eliminated the 3.5mm ...

CMIIW.

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #1,149 of 1,179
Well I think with a Fiio k5 it wouldn't be an impedance issue.. The lg v10 activate Aux mode. But what it is not clear if I will have a sort of degrading quality as a proper line out is not amped. With my ex Fiio X3 line out.. It was really perfect.. Having a separate phone for that.. With 1.57 volt out

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #1,150 of 1,179
For those with bootloop issues

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/03/class-action-lawsuit-targets-lg-over-legendary-g4-v10-bootloop-issues/

Mar 19, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #1,151 of 1,179
For those with bootloop issues

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/03/class-action-lawsuit-targets-lg-over-legendary-g4-v10-bootloop-issues/

In Taiwan, LG did not take any responsibility for it's design flawz and stated it's normal for their mobile phone to have a short lifespan. While accusing many users mistreating their G4 or v10s.

LG gave the users here it's very short olive branch of special 20% discounts from USD$300 to $240 for new board without extended warranty. Many users are pissed off and there will be a class action suit filed against them. This made headlines...

I envy those of you who got nonoverheating v10s. This is all very disappointing: from design flawz to aftersale service:frowning2:

LG makes so many home appliances and other gadgets... What are they thinking???

May 31, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #1,152 of 1,179
Has anyone tried the V10 with dt770 80ohm or beyerdynamic custom studios? looking to get a used v10 or m8 as a dap for my custom studios. From my understanding, a headphone with high impedance, low sensitivity or a combination of both needs to be detected by the phone to unlock the full 2 volts, but otherwise it'll be running at 1 volt if the phone deems the headphone easy to drive. But if the 80ohm/98db SPL custom studio needs more than 1volt(1.4v according to the headphone calculator @ 110dB loudness level), will the LG give that extra juice or is the v10 output a binary choice between 2 and 1 volt? I'm thinking maybe I should get the HTC m8 with it's 1.2volts if that's the case with the LG.

Jun 1, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #1,153 of 1,179
Has anyone tried the V10 with dt770 80ohm or beyerdynamic custom studios? looking to get a used v10 or m8 as a dap for my custom studios. From my understanding, a headphone with high impedance, low sensitivity or a combination of both needs to be detected by the phone to unlock the full 2 volts, but otherwise it'll be running at 1 volt if the phone deems the headphone easy to drive. But if the 80ohm/98db SPL custom studio needs more than 1volt(1.4v according to the headphone calculator @ 110dB loudness level), will the LG give that extra juice or is the v10 output a binary choice between 2 and 1 volt? I'm thinking maybe I should get the HTC m8 with it's 1.2volts if that's the case with the LG.

I don't know how much volts the v10 is outputting but I do know the v10 was in high impedance mode when I plugged the dt770 80ohm in a couple of weeks ago in a store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back