LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
May 12, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #818 of 1,179
It had always been for me, and I like Ui on the PA better

Much much better. PowerAmp ALPHA, of course.

Oh, I see. I downloaded the regular PowerAmp app. Where do you get the latest PA app? I couldn't find it in Google Play.

Also - I saw there's a tags problem using Poweramp (I also had it on my previous phone), is this fixed in PA?

May 12, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #819 of 1,179

Oh, I see. I downloaded the regular PowerAmp app. Where do you get the latest PA app? I couldn't find it in Google Play.

Also - I saw there's a tags problem using Poweramp (I also had it on my previous phone), is this fixed in PA?

You can opt into the testing program for the Alpha:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

May 12, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #820 of 1,179
  Poweramp's audio quality is better than Neutron's?

I would think Neutron's audio quality is second to none on Android, Poweramp alpha included. Then again, it could be down to our gears and headphones (and ears). Either way, it's recommended that you try both since you get a two hour trial with Playstore's purchase and refund policy.

May 18, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #821 of 1,179
No Poweramp alpha sound really great. even i have purchase both app Neutron and Power amp. But Power amp really nailed it 
if you turn on seating Audio Out Hi-Res output to 24bit which is specially update for Vibe x3 and LG V10 which is really great feature . it surround very well if you use option Stereo expand and Re-verb option really well . after trying hell lot of music app. i found correct music app. i have TK12 (2 BA+1DA) heaphone which is sound Awesome
if you listen track Feeling good sing by Michael Buble (Flac Audio) you will be OFF the reverb option you will be amazed same track you tried with stock player or any other player it wont give you that sparkly treble and punchy bass (you can reduce and increase both in Poweramp) Neutron really not that good player. it hide all the detail too much function which what work i still don't understand after trying for 3 months. anyway you should use AUX cable that work really well with poweramp. see the screenshots 

May 20, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #823 of 1,179
It is just funny that lg is basically selling it for free

https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/lg-v10-570-32gb-black-16mp-mobiltelefon-5672825?tagIds=82 (1:1)

Great phone but sold it and I seperate my music experience with 2 devices again (S7Edge and Cowon Plenue D).
My main issue is battery life and body size. A 5.2-5.5inch with amoled display, 4000mah+ battery which is removable, compact body (thin bezel and no logo at front. Why not on power button and fingerprint reader?), ip68, stereo front speaker, sd slot and most important 1080p display or scalable between 1440/1080p for better battery life. Damn instant buy.

May 20, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #824 of 1,179

https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/lg-v10-570-32gb-black-16mp-mobiltelefon-5672825?tagIds=82 (1:1)

Great phone but sold it and I seperate my music experience with 2 devices again (S7Edge and Cowon Plenue D).
My main issue is battery life and body size. A 5.2-5.5inch with amoled display, 4000mah+ battery which is removable, compact body (thin bezel and no logo at front. Why not on power button and fingerprint reader?), ip68, stereo front speaker, sd slot and most important 1080p display or scalable between 1440/1080p for better battery life. Damn instant buy.

Don't you feel that Plenue D was a downgrade?

May 20, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #825 of 1,179

Don't you feel that Plenue D was a downgrade?

Nah, not really. Soundstage is on both really good. Instruments are solid. Highs are crispy, but not sharp, mids excel on lg v10 but it is so little, really hard to say and bass (quantity and quality) is a trade. Aside from specs most people won't be able to tell "yes this device outshines gadget x in this and this point etc.".

Aside from audio impression the plenue d does many things right. Battery and compact volume for traveling is such a plus factor for me. Having 60-80h+ per charge is terrific and also not to worry about cables getting in your way is unexpectedly good. What a shocking factor, I know.

Downsides are no poweramp app (android), display (would rather have amoled) and response time. Last point mentioned is just a joke. Even budget smartphones have better socs and better response times than this thing. Calling yourself premium with plenue "x" but chipsets back from 2007 and older. Mediatek, Helios, budget Snapdragens.

We want more and not less... I mean I already pay 250-300USD so why can't you cowon give us a well rounded product? Obsolence or just to lazy to redesign?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back