LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Dec 5, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #391 of 1,179
Exactly. Sony ZX2 worth only $170 now... It doesn't sound better than V10. It can't justify $600 price difference.... there's no more reason to carry a second device and spend $1,000 on it.

I have realized how foolish it is to spend $300 on an android supported headphone amp/DAC device like Oppo HA-2. 
There's no need for it any longer...

He didn't say anything about the zx2, I think you need to read it again. A Sony z3 has nothing to do with a ZX2.

If you can not justify it, don't buy it.
But it simply can't be compared in your imagination, if you don't have them both, why comment?

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #392 of 1,179
I've tried a couple different genres (rock) disturbed (pop) Adele HELLO lol couple other songs switching back and forth the HIFI switch on/off and I really cant tell sometimes I think I can tell but it's very very slight and hard to distinguish.

Then there may be enough a difference for you to hear. Unlike blu-ray vs. dvd, there just isn't as much difference (heard) between cd quality and hi-res audio. Its an improvement but fairly subtle depending on the equipment and listener.

I'd recommend a couple things though:

If you can, download some music files and play them back using the stock music player. I'm still not 100% convinced that Tidal and Google Music use the V10's dac and amp. You should definitely hear a difference turning the dac off/on while using the stock player.

Try another pair of headphones. Believe it or not the Koss Portapro (about $35 for the non-KTC version) is one of the best headphones for the V10. They will put the phone into high power mode which (imo) makes more difference than low vs. high-res. I got mine last year after finding out the guy who invented and manufactures the $3000-5000 Tera Player recommends the cheap Portapro as best for his player.

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #393 of 1,179
Then there may be enough a difference for you to hear. Unlike blu-ray vs. dvd, there just isn't as much difference (heard) between cd quality and hi-res audio. Its an improvement but fairly subtle depending on the equipment and listener.

I'd recommend a couple things though:

If you can, download some music files and play them back using the stock music player. I'm still not 100% convinced that Tidal and Google Music use the V10's dac and amp. You should definitely hear a difference turning the dac off/on while using the stock player.

Try another pair of headphones. Believe it or not the Koss Portapro (about $35 for the non-KTC version) is one of the best headphones for the V10. They will put the phone into high power mode which (imo) makes more difference than low vs. high-res. I got mine last year after finding out the guy who invented and manufactures the $3000-5000 Tera Player recommends the cheap Portapro as best for his player.

Interesting great info I really appreciate it. I actually wanted to play some files hifi music using the stock lg player but didn't know where I can find some. I thought maybe I could download from tidal for offline use but I can't find the a file I'm guessing the encrypt it or something to only be used with tidal app?

Dec 6, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #394 of 1,179
The 6plus doesn't hold a candle to the v10. The LG V10 is superior in every way that you can imagine.

Do you know how superior it is? Is it very noticeable music quality or very little? My album only consist of 16 bit flac song,eg. rolling in the deep, counting stars,etc... Buying from other country with no warrenty is very risky.. I just want to make sure that if it is worth the risk and money...

Dec 6, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #395 of 1,179
Do you know how superior it is? Is it very noticeable music quality or very little? My album only consist of 16 bit flac song,eg. rolling in the deep, counting stars,etc... Buying from other country with no warrenty is very risky.. I just want to make sure that if it is worth the risk and money...

Superior means ? IPhone 6 (don't have 6s or plus) , and this is by memory that I compared but did not write the review, because I originally stated this v10 is the best sound of a smartphone that I have came across. iPhone 6 sounds colorful, and congested when you compare them side by side. The most obvious differences would be V10 is more airy, better separation and layering, better soundstage and more neutral. Is that superior ? You need to try it out before you decide :D

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #396 of 1,179
Here's a big news!

http://zerolemon.com/product/lg-v10-extended-battery-zerolemon-lg-v10-9000mah-tricell-extended-battery-soft-tpu-full-edge-protection-case-compatible-with-all-lg-v10-variants-180-days-zerolemon-warranty-guarantee-black/

Now your V10 Smartphone DAP is officially 9,000mAh.

Wait a few more weeks for this!!!

Your V10 will turn into a DAP with the longest battery life ever recorded on this planet...

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #397 of 1,179
The LG V10 took the android authority award for Best audio on the 2015 smart phone list. :)

https://youtu.be/B_JptzXUQ9g

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #398 of 1,179
ok today was an amazing day

i received both the chord mojo and lg v10 and sold my sony z5 premium, the only bummer i made a mistake when i took the v10 i forgot to ask whats the internal storage so mine is a 32 gigs what a bummer as i can not return it , but who cares with those new 200 giga micro sd cards

now lgv10 amazing simply amazing, i did not root it yet but i am using neutron and it sounds dam good with my shure 846

mojo piece of art sound that is above anything i heard, it is really that good and its so tiny, connected to my note 3 oh man i can not belive this tiny device is making a huge huge difference.

I know back in the days when i had the hugo i did it not justice when i sold it as i was parining it with my audeze, and i was fighting to get it to bass head level with audeze and the audeze man drove me crazy so i sold my hugo , while i should have to have sold my audeze as its not a basshead audiophile headphone. so getting the mojo with my iems is a dreams come true especially i do not listen to full size headphones anymore

if anyone cares to know yes the mojo is better sounding than lgv10 by alot. But compare the lg v10 to my ak100ii well i am now liking the lg v10 more, if only there is a way to listen to balanced from a phone in the future that is is a dream

bye sony and bye iphone for good

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #400 of 1,179
Yeah, mojo is better than mid-fi devices. It is actually categorized somewhere between mid-fi to high-end summit-fi kind of gears, and it bigger brother Hugo is top tier of summit-fi. One of the reason why "mojo" is such well received and craved for by the audiophiles :). You are right on about v10. It is a mid-fi player+phone together. I doubt phone will ever have balanced out because they are all getting slimmer lol...even batter will be a problem

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #401 of 1,179
Thanks for the update. Been thinking hard about Mojo but didn't know if it made sense after getting the V10. Even better, I've also got 846s! My wallet hurts but my ears thank you!

simply put since i owned the hugo before u are getting very close to the chord hugo in a tiny desgin form which is a dream come true

now as for lg v10 i am gonna sell my ak100ii , the v10 is that good

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #402 of 1,179
Yeah, mojo is better than mid-fi devices. It is actually categorized somewhere between mid-fi to high-end summit-fi kind of gears, and it bigger brother Hugo is top tier of summit-fi. One of the reason why "mojo" is such well received and craved for by the audiophiles
smily_headphones1.gif
. You are right on about v10. It is a mid-fi player+phone together. I doubt phone will ever have balanced out because they are all getting slimmer lol...even batter will be a problem

True. Features are being lost with each generation.

Too bad most dac/amps also lack balanced out. Even the Mojo lost analog input during Chord's downsizing from the Hugo.

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #403 of 1,179
Open source software my friend

I agree, I love Android and will never go back to IOS, but different people have different wants/needs. Ios is better for other people. Being open source isn't the be all end all.

Exactly. Sony ZX2 worth only $170 now... It doesn't sound better than V10. It can't justify $600 price difference.... there's no more reason to carry a second device and spend $1,000 on it.

I have realized how foolish it is to spend $300 on an android supported headphone amp/DAC device like Oppo HA-2. 
There's no need for it any longer...

Zx2 is only worth $170? Where do you come up with this nonsense? The zx2 is an amazing device and the V10 (stock) is quite good, but the zx2 is better. Doesn't mean I'm going to buy another zx2, but if it were $170, I definitely would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back