LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread
Feb 20, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #436 of 478
For vocal clarity and definition the AKG wins. But for genre versatility the original quadbeat 3 is the iem to go to.

To me the AKG can sound shrill and hollow due to lack of mid bass and boosted trebles. Vocals suffer a little here sounding dry at times, but still impresses with well recorded voices.

The orig having more but controlled bass sounds warmer; and its trebles are tamer, making listening to them easier on the ears. It plays many genres well without disappointing. Vocals though not as defined as compared to AKG still sounds clear. The warmer sound also results in fuller and thus natural vocals in my opinion. I feel the orig is really balanced yet fun and pairs really well with my mi note.

Overall I'm really, really impressed with what LG came up with. These iems can certainly beat many iems that cost well above not just in sound signature but also pricing as well.

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #437 of 478
For vocal clarity and definition the AKG wins. But for genre versatility the original quadbeat 3 is the iem to go to.

To me the AKG can sound shrill and hollow due to lack of mid bass and boosted trebles. Vocals suffer a little here sounding dry at times, but still impresses with well recorded voices.

The orig having more but controlled bass sounds warmer; and its trebles are tamer, making listening to them easier on the ears. It plays many genres well without disappointing. Vocals though not as defined as compared to AKG still sounds clear. The warmer sound also results in fuller and thus natural vocals in my opinion. I feel the orig is really balanced yet fun and pairs really well with my mi note.

Overall I'm really, really impressed with what LG came up with. These iems can certainly beat many iems that cost well above not just in sound signature but also pricing as well.
You can't go wrong with the Quadbeats. They are one of my favorites for IEMs under $25. Otherwise, the HLSX 808 are said to be a step up in clarity and soundstage. Edit: There's also the Magaosi BK50 and UiiSii DT200.

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #438 of 478
I have both qb3 and qb3akg, and I prefer sound from the regular qb3 over akg tuned. I find the peak at 4k more bothersome on qb3akg, and qb3 just need a bit of low shelf to cut down on the bass, but even as it, it is quite tolerable. Sort of reminds me of Zero Audio Tenore.

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #440 of 478
Well I just got a pair from Ebay and they are probably fakes. They have very little bass and don't sound much like being described here at all.

My box looks exactly like that shown by Olorin earlier

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #441 of 478
Well I just got a pair from Ebay and they are probably fakes. They have very little bass and don't sound much like being described here at all.

My box looks exactly like that shown by @Olorin earlier

Try to use this picture to compare. If your QB3 has a gold plug and the mic position don't match with this picture, probably you got a fake version then. I hope you can return them if they don't match up with this picture. 

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #442 of 478
Try to use this picture to compare. If your QB3 has a gold plug and the mic position don't match with this picture, probably you got a fake version then. I hope you can return them if they don't match up with this picture. 

No they don't look like that, going by those photo's they look genuine. But the packaging looks like the one Olorin mentioned earlier in this thread.

If mine are genuine I've no idea how people can call them bassy by any stretch....easily the least bassy IEM I've tried

Apr 5, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #443 of 478
Hello guys, I received recently on Aliexpress by paying $ 8 or so, and I see now, thanks to the guidance that you put, which are original. They play really well, much better example of Xiaomi Hybrid. The sound seems real, real, physical ..

Apr 5, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #444 of 478
To me, they also are the least bassiest IEM I've had (sub-bass wise). But even then, they have a fun sound signature in comparison to many other IEMs I've ever had which makes up for the "lack" of bass, which is concise and clear by the way. Also, the stock ear-tips don't help at all with bringing out the sound of these IEMs. In fact, I use ear-tips from the LG Tone Headset which are my best tips I've ever had. Otherwise, my advice is to try different ear-tips. Even buying some can help with the sound signature. Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 6, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #445 of 478
To me, they also are the least bassiest IEM I've had (sub-bass wise). But even then, they have a fun sound signature in comparison to many other IEMs I've ever had which makes up for the "lack" of bass, which is concise and clear by the way. Also, the stock ear-tips don't help at all with bringing out the sound of these IEMs. In fact, I use ear-tips from the LG Tone Headset which are my best tips I've ever had. Otherwise, my advice is to try different ear-tips. Even buying some can help with the sound signature. Cheers! :beerchug:  

Yeah tried all manner of eartips, makes little difference. Oh well never mind, these are not for me. They are quite clear but they don't do anything amazing up top either, separation and staging is only average I would say. For me MH1 beats it hand down, unless you prefer a brighter signature.

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #446 of 478
No they don't look like that, going by those photo's they look genuine. But the packaging looks like the one Olorin mentioned earlier in this thread.

If mine are genuine I've no idea how people can call them bassy by any stretch....easily the least bassy IEM I've tried

Well, if it helps I felt the same thing about the sub-bass (even changing for better tips like sony hybrids). Which was strange because even the measurements will show it's indeed a really bassy IEM. I should try to get some pair of an LG V10/G4 owner just out of pure curiosity to check if it's a batch/QC case.

I can't find the Olorin's picture using the search button, but I bought mine based on this review, is it the same package?

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #447 of 478
Well, if it helps I felt the same thing about the sub-bass (even changing for better tips like sony hybrids). Which was strange because even the measurements will show it's indeed a really bassy IEM. I should try to get some pair of an LG V10/G4 owner just out of pure curiosity to check if it's a batch/QC case.

I can't find the Olorin's picture using the search button, but I bought mine based on this review, is it the same package?

Can't really tell from the picture in that link.
If your on a PC you can click on the images for this thread (top right) and its the only one with the boxes on there.
I'll link it when I'm back home, on phone at the moment

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #448 of 478
Yeah tried all manner of eartips, makes little difference. Oh well never mind, these are not for me. They are quite clear but they don't do anything amazing up top either, separation and staging is only average I would say. For me MH1 beats it hand down, unless you prefer a brighter signature.
Oh. But have you tried Comply or SpinTips? There are also the JVC Dot Spirals too. Otherwise, it's bad to see that eartips don't work for you. It's all the matter of the perfect fit and isolation.

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #449 of 478
Images of the box I have are the same as mentioned in this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/764618/lg-quadbeat-3-impressions-thread/225#post_12592862

Comply will not bring out the bass but, no, I don't have SpinTips or Spiraldots to try. I do have a selection including Sony hybrids and MH1 tips, enough to get a decent seal.

I trust this community enough to get a good feel for when something is honestly good. My collection is based purely from this site and the honest opinions of the users here. I believe this is as people are saying, so I honestly think mine is fake. It's no biggy, they are hardly expensive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back