LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread
May 28, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #271 of 478
I have the same as you (when the QB2ZE arrive) other than neither set of the original QBs...

Would be interesting to see how similarly our opinions sit.

That would be great. I never bothered with the original QB since at the time I got into this whole LG budget hype, everyone was praising how the QBSE was so neutral and better sounding than the QB. Curious how the QB2SE will compare with the rest of line up.

Jun 1, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #272 of 478
First five minute listen of the QB2SE, and the top end is really quite something...

For me the absolutely perfect IEM would have the bass and mids of the QB3SE, with the treble of the QB2SE...

That is my wish list for the QB4SE, not too much to ask?

Jun 1, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #273 of 478
First five minute listen of the QB2SE, and the top end is really quite something...

For me the absolutely perfect IEM would have the bass and mids of the QB3SE, with the treble of the QB2SE...

That is my wish list for the QB4SE, not too much to ask?

Just wait... I-Sound has something cooking up I'm sure. :wink: They really can do nothing but fine tune at this point.

Also... I recieved my "Quadbeat 3 tuned by AKG" today and it turned out to be a regular QB3 in silver/black. Contacted the seller and they're sending another one which will probably another week or two at least. Interesting enough though, these sound a lot better than the pair I recieved a few weeks back. Congested mids/vocals and splashy treble right out of the box, but had a certain level of clarity and resolution that was missing from my previous pair. These sound a lot more familiar to the sound I remembered from my first pair, and after some burn in, I think it'll sound really nice :)

Must've gotten a defect/fake I suppose.

Jun 3, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #274 of 478
Glad this IEM it's getting it's praise it's one of the best sounding regardless of price

It trounce the Tenore, Xiamo Hybrid, MH1, etc.

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #275 of 478
Glad this IEM it's getting it's praise it's one of the best sounding regardless of price

It trounce the Tenore, Xiamo Hybrid, MH1, etc.
Agreed...

As much as I commented on the treble a couple of posts ago, this is by no means to the detriment of the QB3AKG, just saying that my own preference is for a bright(er) sound - as mused a few times by me, a few years back there were 'teams' on Head-Fi, and - I was in team treble-head...

But, agreed - for the money, these are an absolute steal, and scale very well as well - truly, the big hitters in this market should be worried about what the smaller guys like I-Sound / LG can do.

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #276 of 478
Ummm...no. Perhaps in their price bracket they are good, but I got a pair of these with my V10 and they don't come close to the Shure se215 that I bought used for $50. And at their retail price, there are better options than the Shures out there these days. 

I'm all for driving price/performance with newer technology, but assertions like those in this page of the thread are just not reasonable. Just sayin'. 

Jun 3, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #278 of 478
Ummm...no. Perhaps in their price bracket they are good, but I got a pair of these with my V10 and they don't come close to the Shure se215 that I bought used for $50. And at their retail price, there are better options than the Shures out there these days. 

I'm all for driving price/performance with newer technology, but assertions like those in this page of the thread are just not reasonable. Just sayin'. 
As said in previous posts, I'm at pretty much the top of the tree with multi thousand dollar IEMs, so this isn't the pie in the sky ramblings of someone who doesn't have a clue...

As continually mentioned though, the difference with these being heroes or zeroes is the fit - get that wrong, and I will agree, they sound humdrum at best, quite thin and uninvolving, but - get the fit right...

That is the kicker, the fit - and the one thing that I cannot emphasise enough, hence my random pictures of eartips earlier in this thread.

Jun 3, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #279 of 478

To my ears the SE215 is perhaps one of the most over rated IEMs ever.....unless your idea of a good sound is bloated low-mids with rolled off and veiled high frequencies....then by all means stick to the Shure SE215 :wink:

Jun 6, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #281 of 478
As said in previous posts, I'm at pretty much the top of the tree with multi thousand dollar IEMs, so this isn't the pie in the sky ramblings of someone who doesn't have a clue...

As continually mentioned though, the difference with these being heroes or zeroes is the fit - get that wrong, and I will agree, they sound humdrum at best, quite thin and uninvolving, but - get the fit right...

That is the kicker, the fit - and the one thing that I cannot emphasise enough, hence my random pictures of eartips earlier in this thread.

Given to get a good fit with the 'best' of the supplied tips I had to jam them in my ears and hold them there - you probably have a good point. I'll try some tip-rolling and see if I change my tune.

Jun 6, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #282 of 478
  Given to get a good fit with the 'best' of the supplied tips I had to jam them in my ears and hold them there - you probably have a good point. I'll try some tip-rolling and see if I change my tune.

The right size of Sony MH1 silicone tips that fits your ears. Remember....the right size that fits your ears....that will make a world of difference. Let us know then if your QB3 AKG still sounds bad and we'll all convert to Shure SE215 
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #283 of 478
  The right size of Sony MH1 silicone tips that fits your ears. Remember....the right size that fits your ears....that will make a world of difference. Let us know then if your QB3 AKG still sounds bad and we'll all convert to Shure SE215 
biggrin.gif

More the point being even outdated low-end se215s sound better to me. I'll report back.

Jun 6, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #284 of 478
Se215 low end is not well controlled or defined like quad beats are. Btw I highly reccommend people try sony hybrid tips, they are better than mh1 tips, they make most iems I own sound better, mh1 tips I find to be less clear and slightly muddy compared to sony hybrid tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back