LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread
Jan 27, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #152 of 478

Removing the filter certainly brings out the treble, but it's too peaky IMO.

Nope, don't remove them all but cut only the half of it. It worked for me.

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #153 of 478
the QB3 is great as it is, being better than most iems I've heard above its price range.no need to remove foam

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #154 of 478
Our ears may perceive peaky high frequencies as a form of high treble extension but in actual fact all those peaks may cause ear fatigue on extended listening period as Speakerphone's frequency graph clearly shows, the treble extension is actually the same except for the uneven high peaks...especially in the region of 5kHz and 8.5kHz which can cause serious ear fatigue.

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #156 of 478
Just purchased the LG G4 Mobile and got theese in the box. Really wierd headphones,separates the sound pretty good but theese are really ****ty headphones,right? Vocals sound real ****ed up IMO, real harsh sound... They sound like a pair of 10$ IEM:s, don't Most agree? They dont totally suck,pretty good looking at least, but compare to anything else, like koss porta pro for instance, but shure, that's a complete different headphone.

Cheers!

Feb 18, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #157 of 478
Just purchased the LG G4 Mobile and got theese in the box. Really wierd headphones,separates the sound pretty good but theese are really ****ty headphones,right? Vocals sound real ****ed up IMO, real harsh sound... They sound like a pair of 10$ IEM:s, don't Most agree? They dont totally suck,pretty good looking at least, but compare to anything else, like koss porta pro for instance, but shure, that's a complete different headphone.

Cheers!

I'd have to disagree with u there.
I've compared them to the dunu 2k/j
And theyare on par IMO.
tested from the fiio x5ii and from the G4.
Each IEM has it benefits. The amount of detail u get on QB3 is gr8.
Matter of taste i guess

May 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #159 of 478
Was rooting through my old cellphone boxes and decided to open the Quadbeat 2's from the G3 - found some random thick tips to go with them, and -have to say, I think they're pretty damned decent (I know that is what most of this thread is about, but - with the pedigree of what I normally use, in my signature - definitely great!)...

Pretty tempted to get the QB3AKG...

May 4, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #160 of 478
I chickened out - but ordered the standard QB3, £16.09 for next day expedited delivery, not shabby at all :)

Cannot believe I've had the QB2 sat here for nearly 2 years unused lol.

May 4, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #161 of 478
Triple post alert - I'm so impressed with the QB2, that after ordering a couple of hours ago the QB3, I've decided to hedge my bets, and ordered a pair of LG GS100 - which will also be with me on Friday all being well...

Going to be an interesting budget IEM shoot-out :)

May 5, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #164 of 478
Compared to?

I can't really compare them to other IEMs. My collection is mostly over-ears.

But they're pretty rubbish with bass. There is no definition in the sound and it's shallow. Other ranges are better. They're also very loose fitting in the ear even using over the ear. I can just about walk without them falling out but they never feel secure. There's only two sets of tips included as well.

I'm looking to buy a new pair of IEMs to replace them. Maybe I'm just spoilt. I haven't heard the other popular IEMs at this price range like Xiaomi's, etc. Just not impressed.

May 5, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #165 of 478

I can't really compare them to other IEMs. My collection is mostly over-ears.

But they're pretty rubbish with bass. There is no definition in the sound and it's shallow. Other ranges are better. They're also very loose fitting in the ear even using over the ear. I can just about walk without them falling out but they never feel secure. There's only two sets of tips included as well.

I'm looking to buy a new pair of IEMs to replace them. Maybe I'm just spoilt. I haven't heard the other popular IEMs at this price range like Xiaomi's, etc. Just not impressed.

Of course you're not getting a good sound. How could you get a good sound if you can't even get a proper fit and seal??? The best IEMs in the world will sound horrible without a good fit and seal. It's very unfair to base your judgement on the sound of an IEM if you can't get a good fit and seal. The QB3 is not made for over ear fit btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back