LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread
Oct 18, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #121 of 478
Quad beat 3 tuned by AKG is stock inside the new LG V10 phones, which also sport SABRE ESS 9018 DAC and SABRE 9602 newest Headphones amplifier. V10 will be the first of the line from LG phone line which cater toward "Media consumption" in mind.....music, movie, photo, selfie, video recording and editing. My unit shall be here next week
smily_headphones1.gif

I look forward to your review. I'm very interested with the LG V10 myself 
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #124 of 478
I got the Quadbeat 3 with the G4 I recently bought.  Really nice sounding earphones that make me want to return to using IEMs alternately with my AKG earbuds.  I used to think IEMs were the only way to go until I discovered great sounding earbuds (the AKG K317)..  With earbuds I don''t have to worry about the elusive optimal fit so important for IEMs.

Luckily the QB3 fit fine for me and sound great BUT only if I put them in backwards.  I could swear the tips are manufactured pointing the wrong way.  If you place them on the R/L sides properly as labeled, the tips are pointed towards the front of your ear canals.  I find it impossible to get a good seal that way and they sound like other crap IEMs.  The opposite is true when I reverse the monitors, thereby making the tips point towards the back of my canals.  In that direction they are easy to get a nice optimal fit.

Has no one else made this observation?  Or do I just have weird ears?

I now wear them backwards while listening casually.  At other times, I wear the R/L sides correctly but flip them 180 degrees such that the wires point upwards.  It looks a little awkward as you can imagine so I wrap the wires around and behind my ears..  I probably still look like a goof hehe.

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #127 of 478
  Quote:
  I got the Quadbeat 3 with the G4 I recently bought.  Really nice sounding earphones that make me want to return to using IEMs alternately with my AKG earbuds.  I used to think IEMs were the only way to go until I discovered great sounding earbuds (the AKG K317)..  With earbuds I don''t have to worry about the elusive optimal fit so important for IEMs.

Luckily the QB3 fit fine for me and sound great BUT only if I put them in backwards.  I could swear the tips are manufactured pointing the wrong way.  If you place them on the R/L sides properly as labeled, the tips are pointed towards the front of your ear canals.  I find it impossible to get a good seal that way and they sound like other crap IEMs.  The opposite is true when I reverse the monitors, thereby making the tips point towards the back of my canals.  In that direction they are easy to get a nice optimal fit.

Has no one else made this observation?  Or do I just have weird ears?

I now wear them backwards while listening casually.  At other times, I wear the R/L sides correctly but flip them 180 degrees such that the wires point upwards.  It looks a little awkward as you can imagine so I wrap the wires around and behind my ears..  I probably still look like a goof hehe.

Earbud? yeah earbud or speaker are not sealed unlike IEM so they tend to have more even or smoother mid-high. Smooth IEM are hard thing to get. different tips, insertions deep really matter and can change the peak placement easily. BTW I just do a correction on QB2 with Viper-DDC, I just realize honestly stock sound sounds like crap.. or just any of my IEMs before I do a correction to eliminate the peak and even out the FR.

Nov 16, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #128 of 478
Quadbeat 3 tuned by AKG is now sold on eBay!

Considering how impressed I've been with the regular version, I recommend these. fact I prefer it slightly more than the Titan 1 should say something.

Nov 16, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #129 of 478
I feel like that the vsd3s is much better then the quadbeat3. They are much more cleaner then the quad3

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #132 of 478
Well the GR07 is a bit more lower midrange clearer but the QB3 is more airy and its treble a lot more even. Not only that but instrument separation is better on the QB3. GR07BEs bass is tighter but I like the subbass on the QB3

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #133 of 478
Quadbeat 3 tuned by AKG is now sold on eBay!

Considering how impressed I've been with the regular version, I recommend these. fact I prefer it slightly more than the Titan 1 should say something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-LG-QuadBeat-3-Tuned-by-AKG-Headset-Original-Premium-Headphones-G3-G4-V10-/331703761524?hash=item4d3b15ba74:g:Z7gAAOSwo0JWQImD

I have the LG V10 from T-Mobile and the Quadbeat 3 Tuned by AKG was not included...is this worth the price?
Should I consider something else...looking for best bang for the buck under $100.
I'm not an audiophile, just enjoy listening to music.

Please make suggestions...

Thanks!

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #134 of 478
  After being overdosed by the fun from the Quadbeat 3, I finally went back to the Quadbeat 1 Special Edition and find that it's far more balanced and more enjoyable. It's like going back to reality from the QB3 fantasy world....never thought I could have so much fun with sub-bass on an IEM 
biggrin.gif

Yes, I think it is a little bit synthetic sounding, but I like that. I use Sony MH1 tips, which works for me with almost every IEM. I really like the bass, I don't find them to much, and the highs aren't annoying. There is no driver flex, which killed my LG GS100.
The nozzle is extremly long for a dynamic type earphone. I don't push the tip at the end point. The cable is good, no noise at home use.
The built quality is not 100%. The filter at the end of the nozzle is not fully covered with that black material on one side. See picture.
This isn't my first LG earphone. I have/had the LG-HSS-F200, LG-HSS-F700, and the already mentioned LG GS100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back