LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2015 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 478

AlecR

100+ Head-Fier
So LG have released a new set of Quadbeat earphones with the G4, the Quadbeat 3.

The Quadbeat 2 were quite popular around here due to the low price and the fairly neutral sound. These, like the QB 2, include a remote and microphone and are curved so they fit nicely in the ear. It is unknown at this point whether they will come in multiple colours but they will be coming in a black colour with red cable at the very least (see below).

With that, are people curious about these? I am.

Photos:

[Above photos Courtesy of GSMArena]

May 5, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #5 of 478
From the measurement, it seems that LG has taken the mid bass off a little bit and increased a good amount of sub bass, good job. The CSD plot and the step response shows a rather slow bass. I find the bass on the Quadbeat 2 already too slow for me, I am concerned about the 3s being even slower…Anyway, measurement can be misleading and cannot tell the whole story. One thing for sure is that LG has once a gain matched the target response very well. Can't wait for impressions to come

May 5, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #6 of 478
Whatever the measurement shows, I'll still go ahead and purchase the Quadbeat 3 when it's available. How far wrong can you go at Quadbeat's price. I've owned both Quadbeat 1 & 2 and my favorite is still Quadbeat 1 Special Edition. To me it's one of the best budget IEM I've come across and I won't hesitate to purchase the Quadbeat 3

May 7, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #7 of 478
Whatever the measurement shows, I'll still go ahead and purchase the Quadbeat 3 when it's available. How far wrong can you go at Quadbeat's price. I've owned both Quadbeat 1 & 2 and my favorite is still Quadbeat 1 Special Edition. To me it's one of the best budget IEM I've come across and I won't hesitate to purchase the Quadbeat 3

How do you compare Quadbeat 1 vs Quadbeat 2?

From graph Quadbeat 3 sub bass is like 7dB more, I hope it easily modded i.e. vent block to reduce bass without affecting other frequency.

May 7, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #9 of 478
The issue with my Quadbeat 2 is a rather small sound stage, possibly due to the mid-bass hump. Obviously, for the 3rd generation there is less bass bleed to the midrange as can be seen from the frequency response. Hopefully the sound stage is improved. Also the treble quality seem to deteriorate when big bass note is played along, especially in passages with large dynamic. Look forward to a  better treble quality in the Quadbeat 3 as well.

May 7, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #10 of 478

How do you compare Quadbeat 1 vs Quadbeat 2?

From graph Quadbeat 3 sub bass is like 7dB more, I hope it easily modded i.e. vent block to reduce bass without affecting other frequency.

To me, the Quadbeat 1 Special Edition (not Quadbeat 1) is more balanced sounding than my Quadbeat 2. The highs of the QB1SE is smooth and very well extended and the bass is tighter without any bleeding to the mids and good transient response too. Soundstage is also wider than the QB2. Perhaps I can't get a good fit on my QB2 even though I've gone through several different tips. From the frequency response graph I can see that the sub bass of the QB3 is more accentuated than both the QB1SE & QB2. I can't wait to get my hands on the QB3.

May 7, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #12 of 478
Is there anywhere I can get a Quadbeat SE?

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HSS-F420-AGEUWH-Special-RedEdition-QuadBeat-LG-optimus-G-EarPhone-White-color-/171658568507?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f7a5e33b

I did not purchase from this seller. The seller I bought my Quadbeat Special Edition is already out of stock. I just did an Ebay search for it and this appeared....very good price though and free shipping too. Just make sure that the model is HSS-F420 and not HSS-F410 (without the special edition).

May 8, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #13 of 478
  To me, the Quadbeat 1 Special Edition (not Quadbeat 1) is more balanced sounding than my Quadbeat 2. The highs of the QB1SE is smooth and very well extended and the bass is tighter without any bleeding to the mids and good transient response too. Soundstage is also wider than the QB2. Perhaps I can't get a good fit on my QB2 even though I've gone through several different tips. From the frequency response graph I can see that the sub bass of the QB3 is more accentuated than both the QB1SE & QB2. I can't wait to get my hands on the QB3.

Ok. Sorry more question how do you compare it with phonak pfe? do you need to reduce the bass on QB 1 also how do you describe treble between two?

May 8, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #14 of 478
Ok. Sorry more question how do you compare it with phonak pfe? do you need to reduce the bass on QB 1 also how do you describe treble between two?

Treble Is peakier with the PFE (grey filters) with stock silicone tips on the Phonak but somehow the Comply T130 tames the peaks yet not losing the treble extension....it just tames the peaks around 8-9kHz. The Phonak PFE with the Comply T130 sounds warmer than the QB1SE. QB1SE is pretty balanced unless you decide to go the deep insertion way which accentuates the bass frequencies and narrows the soundstage. I still prefer the normal insertion with the QB1SE which sounds pretty balanced but not perfectly flat. To me both the Phonak PFE and the QB1SE have their own strong points but when it comes to mids I still prefer the Phonak PFE with grey filter + Comply T130 tips. Pretty hard to beat at that price point, as long as you avoid the silicone tips witht the PFE. You'll be rewarded with a very balanced sound with a very tight and fast bass response coupled with very sweet mids with smooth and good extended highs. In all fairness the Phonak PFE cost a lot more than the QB1SE so it's not a very fair comparison. If you're looking for good value for money balanced sounding IEM then you can't go wrong with the QB1SE. I'm still amazed how LG can actually squeeze so much quality out of the QB1SE at such silly price. Last but not least, the QB1SE can give the Phonak PFE and several $100+ IEMs a good run for the money.....seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back