LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #271 of 451
I must be missing something with my quadbeats 2's.  I have very little base and when I increase it,  it just gets distorted without any punch,  the mids and highs are good but lows are almost non-existent.

Nov 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #272 of 451
The G2 reminds me a lot of the Shure 940 signature wise (not sound stage wise). Which means they are bass shy so understand big45-70's comments. The Delta is not bass heavy and has a bit more bass body. But for those who like neutrality and mids/treble these do the trick.I also do think these are one of the best IEM's I have seen included with a smart phone or portable player.

Nov 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #276 of 451
It isn't bass light but it doesn't have that "whoomp" like like philips 3590. It is that midbass all over the place 

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #278 of 451
I must be missing something with my quadbeats 2's.  I have very little base and when I increase it,  it just gets distorted without any punch,  the mids and highs are good but lows are almost non-existent.

Did you do burn-in at really LOUD volume? Might be the drivers got damaged...

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #280 of 451
  how is the comfort? I find that iems with the angled insertion (AT, Fidelio) can cause some issues if you cant find the right tip/angle. 

They're quite comfortable and insertion shouldn't be a problem. Stays in place well because they're very light.

UPDATE:
I have modified my MH1: pinhole @ bass port vent and foam damper @ strain relief opening.
My MH1 has pulled farther away from the QB2. Minimised bass quantity, much tighter mid bass, and clearer mids.

Nov 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #282 of 451
Man, did I forget about this thread. Thanks for the Delta comparison, bhazard and dweaver!

Anyway, after a bit less than two weeks, these have really grown on me. I'm not sure if it's actual burn-in or I've just got used to their sound, but I really like them now. The slight midbass-bloat is still there and they still aren't perfect with extremely busy music, but I don't think any IEM in this price range is. I'm not using the original tips - they sound fine but aren't very comfortable.

I might write a longer review on these, but I'm not sure when I'll have the time.

Nov 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #284 of 451
Nov 26, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #285 of 451
  Quadbeat 2 Special Edition is already out! According the ad, it has the same frequency responce graph as the regular version. So the question is: what's the difference? (The female singer in the ad suggest more mid-range.)

Why would a picture of a singer in an ad for headphones mean anything at all? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back