LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread
Jun 30, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #376 of 451
  Has anyone tried the LG GS-100, the IEM that LG released after Quadbeat 2 ? 
It takes 10$ more than Quadbeat 2 but give more resolution and huge sound-stage.
It's not really balance style like Quadbeat series but sound-stage and clarity make me enjoy this IEM more than Quadbeat 1 SE and Quadbeat 2.   

I have the GS100 since april. Yes, it has big soundstage, the sound is very close to you, and it's very detailed, BUT I don't recommend these 2 anyone who is sensitive to treble. It took my brain 1,5-2 months to get used to the treble boost, and I still find it a bit bright. I felt many times, i give up, and smash them, because of the metallic sounding treble.

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #377 of 451
Agree regarding the GS100. The soundstage is pretty great and it's super v shaped. I like them better than the pistons for example. But the mids are sucked out and it does sound tinny and thin at times. Harsher than the Superlux highs. Need EQ to sound warm and pleasant. Quadbeats are perfect for me out of the box.

Jul 29, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #379 of 451
I asked a Korean seller, which said the only difference between the Quadbeat 2 (HSS-F530) and Quadbeat 2 Special Edition (HSS-F531) is the red colored logo on the housing. They sound the same. The HSS-F531 seems to be limited to 6000 pieces.

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #381 of 451
Help needed.......Not sure if its been asked already by someone.....
.which is better?
1) sony mh1c or LG QB2?or QB1?
2) are there any fakes?if yes how to distinguish?

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #382 of 451
Help needed.......Not sure if its been asked already by someone.....
.which is better?
1) sony mh1c or LG QB2?or QB1?
2) are there any fakes?if yes how to distinguish?

I've got the Sony MH1C but I prefer the sound of the LG QB1 Special Edition. Somehow the bloated bass sound of the Sony MH1C just does not appeal to me. I must also warn you that the QB1SE needs deep insertion and good fit (stock single flange tips) in order to get a good sound. This won't be possible if you have small ears because the housing can get in the way for deep insertion. However please experiment for the best tips and fitting for you....YMMV.

Sorry I can't comment on the QB2 because I don't own one....however from GoldenEars frequency chart, QB2 has more low mid than QB1 Special Edition.

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #383 of 451
QB2 is the best IEM I've ever tried from a standard mobile package point of view, in terms of :
*cost vs performance - relatively cheaper, but sounds almost as good as any sub $100 IEMs
*easy to drive - with any DAP
*wearability - fits well and fatigue has never been an issue with me
*functionality - 3 button combo, call and track control and volume - mobile phone specific
*cable - flat, doesn't tangle that much
*wear and tear - dropped,stepped on, pulled, etc still works as it should

dap has to be heavily EQd to achieve the sound quality you want, and mobile phones has to be rooted to make the combo buttons work as preferred.

i use Viper audio mod on all my mobile phones, I've never changed my IEM though since the QB2, though I've tried HTCs Beats series, Senn IEMs, etc..

(B&W C5 and JVCs fx1x are a notch above this pair though)

Aug 25, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #385 of 451
I've got the Sony MH1C but I still prefer the sound of the LG QB1 Special Edition. Somehow the bloated bass sound of the Sony MH1C just does not appeal to me. I must also warn you that the QB1SE needs deep insertion and good fit (stock single flange tips) in order to get a good sound. This won't be possible if you have small ears because the housing can get in the way for deep insertion. However please experiment for the best tips and fitting for you....YMMV.
Sorry I can't comment on the QB2 because I don't own one....however from GoldenEars frequency chart, QB2 has more low mid than QB1 Special Edition.

QB2 is the best IEM I've ever tried from a standard mobile package point of view, in terms of :
*cost vs performance - relatively cheaper, but sounds almost as good as any sub $100 IEMs
*easy to drive - with any DAP
*wearability - fits well and fatigue has never been an issue with me
*functionality - 3 button combo, call and track control and volume - mobile phone specific
*cable - flat, doesn't tangle that much
*wear and tear - dropped,stepped on, pulled, etc still works as it should
dap has to be heavily EQd to achieve the sound quality you want, and mobile phones has to be rooted to make the combo buttons work as preferred.
i use Viper audio mod on all my mobile phones, I've never changed my IEM though since the QB2, though I've tried HTCs Beats series, Senn IEMs, etc..
(B&W C5 and JVCs fx1x are a notch above this pair though)

TY guys....

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #386 of 451
It came with my LG G3 never tried before.  

Today i tested the headphone, wow the SQ is surprisingly good for a free earphone. 

Sep 8, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #390 of 451
Thanks brother, it was boomier when I tried to reverse the polarity. I'm glad that a tool like DMM is invented. :)

urw...btw,did you buy urs on ebay or got it along with your LG G3 or any other model? And did you buy that fiio silver cable jst for this project or its from ur ue/wtone/shure RC series?....that those connectors went bad but you used them wisely for qb2 cutting away those connectors......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back