LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ?
May 9, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #646 of 1,050
  Really? Listening to the S7 I had to turn the volume up almost to maximum to hear well and even then it didn't sound too good

To be honest I find very little difference between most smartphones and trust me I've owned a few. Change phone every few months. 

My other half has the S7 and I can honestly say that it isn't that different to my G5, maybe not quite as good but not far off.

May 9, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #647 of 1,050
deleted

May 9, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #649 of 1,050
To be honest I find very little difference between most smartphones and trust me I've owned a few. Change phone every few months. 

My other half has the S7 and I can honestly say that it isn't that different to my G5, maybe not quite as good but not far off.
I have also tested several phones. From all the phones I ve tested I like v10 the most!
I have the note 3 which is good. iphone 5 sucked. I also didnt like the G4. Sound was horrible and same goes for the g5 normal dac. I tested in a shop but maybe it was because it was a brand new demo. I will know for sure when i receive mine and burn in for few days.
I have also preordered the hifi plus but not sure when it will be delivered

May 9, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #650 of 1,050
I trust what hifi. They have been quite reliable for me in the past!

PlusI have tested the V10 whixh is supposed to be very similar to the g5 module. The v10 was really good

Not knocking you for that but for me I never trust one site or one reviewer. Either way I stand by my opinion that the HiFi plus is a reasonable piece of hardware with poor build quality and average sound quality. If it was half the price then it would represent better value.

May 9, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #651 of 1,050
I have also tested several phones. From all the phones I ve tested I like v10 the most!
I have the note 3 which is good. iphone 5 sucked. I also didnt like the G4. Sound was horrible and same goes for the g5 normal dac. I tested in a shop but maybe it was because it was a brand new demo. I will know for sure when i receive mine and burn in for few days.
I have also preordered the hifi plus but not sure when it will be delivered

Would be great if once you received it you could post here what the sound is like (without the module) of the G5

May 9, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #652 of 1,050
  Would be great if once you received it you could post here what the sound is like (without the module) of the G5

I can give you a brief outline of the G5 without the module.

Reasonably detailed highs with mids that are quite smooth. Bass is a little thick/muddy at times but not unpleasant.  When paired with my Aurisonics it is not a great match, but does sound good with the Senn IE800.  
Overall for a smartphone the sound quality is as expected,  much the same as most phones out there. 

May 9, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #653 of 1,050

I can give you a brief outline of the G5 without the module.

Reasonably detailed highs with mids that are quite smooth. Bass is a little thick/muddy at times but not unpleasant.  When paired with my Aurisonics it is not a great match, but does sound good with the Senn IE800.  
Overall for a smartphone the sound quality is as expected,  much the same as most phones out there. 

Considering you said the G5 is similar to the S7, that's surprising since trying the S7, in no way can I describe it with the words you're using here haha

May 9, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #654 of 1,050
  Considering you said the G5 is similar to the S7, that's surprising since trying the S7, in no way can I describe it with the words you're using here haha

I said similar not the same as, there is a difference.  Jist because you hear it different doesn't make you right on the matter in the same way I may not be right.  

Thanks for the sarcastic 'haha' very classy way to debate.

May 9, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #655 of 1,050

I said similar not the same as, there is a difference.  Jist because you hear it different doesn't make you right on the matter in the same way I may not be right.  

Thanks for the sarcastic 'haha' very classy way to debate.

No need to go into defensive mode lol, this is not a debate. I'm clueless here really, hence bringing up possible counter points. I just want to get the right answers in order to make sure I buy the right phone. Sorry if you got the wrong idea

May 9, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #657 of 1,050
I trust what hifi. They have been quite reliable for me in the past!

PlusI have tested the V10 whixh is supposed to be very similar to the g5 module. The v10 was really good

Not knocking you for that but for me I never trust one site or one reviewer. Either way I stand by my opinion that the HiFi plus is a reasonable piece of hardware with poor build quality and average sound quality. If it was half the price then it would represent better value.

i also never trust any single site or reviewer. But specifically for what hifi it seems my personal taste matches their stuff taste :)
Also I considered my experience with v10 that has similar audio hardware which i really liked when i tested. I borrowed from an american friend to test in a business trip, since in my country the v10 was never released...

May 9, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #658 of 1,050
Anyone considering this phone and the module should jump on the Clove deal they just posted: 

https://www.clove.co.uk/lg-g5

Free Hi-Fi Plus module if you order the H850 from them. I just placed my order and am returning my H860. 

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back