LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox)
Mar 24, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #196 of 633
I've not heard a heapdohone that controls leak better than an Alpha Dog.

The Enigma does just as well if not little better because of the better adjustability of the headband assembly. The Beyer DT770 and Darth Beyers with the Beyer leather pads also isolated just as well.

Mar 24, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #197 of 633
Mar 24, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #198 of 633
  Looking at some pics from the SoCal meet it looks like The Enigmas are using the Alpha Pads.... Scroll down to IMG_0371... hrmmmm...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21016768@N07/sets/72157642776594093/

But they aren't
wink_face.gif
 Well, I didn't know of anything about what LFF said below, haha..

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #200 of 633
Mar 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #203 of 633
  If Dan made the pads, he probably made the rest of the headphone too and Luis is just a dealer who gets by on his "mastering" cred, kind of the Quincy Jones to Dan's AKG.  Its all pretty clear now.

LOL!

I can assure you that's not the case. I'm appreciative of the fact Dan offered to sell me some pads.

As I said....they work quite well with the Enigma. 

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #204 of 633
  Yes! You are indeed correct.

My custom pads dealer is, unfortunately, VERY unreliable, so MrSpeakers offered to sell me some Alpha Pads to try out and they work very well with the Enigma. I had both variations at the meet.

Given how many folks have PMed me asking about the Enigmas, I'm guessing you cleared out his stash if they were a good fit :)!

Mar 25, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #205 of 633
Even if the pads were made by Dan I personally think its a good thing. I would like nothing better then to see two master modders such as Luis and Dan one day get together and put out a headphone that knocked everyone on their arse. The hobby would be that much better off if that was to happen.

(hint hint Luis/Dan)

@purrin
Its off topic but you wouldn't have a pair off jerg pads lying around you could sell me would you?

Mar 25, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #206 of 633
It's only been two weeks since I've joined headfi, TWO WEEKS!  All I wanted at first was to take a peak down the rabbit hole, now I've got myself a Concero HP driving a pair of Alpha Dogs and thinking about getting something a bit more musical.  I felt safe for a little while since there didn't seem to be anything on the market that matches my needs and then I stumble on this thread.  I'll probably try my best to restrain myself, talk myself into waiting for more reviews and whatnot, but it looks like its another victory for headfi over my wallet at the rate this is going.  Great work LFF, you'll most likely be hearing from me soon enough....

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #207 of 633
  Even if the pads were made by Dan I personally think its a good thing. I would like nothing better then to see two master modders such as Luis and Dan one day get together and put out a headphone that knocked everyone on their arse. The hobby would be that much better off if that was to happen.

(hint hint Luis/Dan)

The Paradog!

Mar 25, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #208 of 633
Waiting for more impressions of the Enigma.....there must be more of them in circulation by now?  Time to share the love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back