LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Dec 31, 2021 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,890

Skev

100+ Head-Fier
These look like they could be a 7Hz Timeless competitor. FR looks similar but looking forward to reviews to see how they fair in reality. If they sound as good as the Timeless but with better build quality I might be in! Very competitively priced and also look like they'll be easy to drive, on paper at least.

https://letshuoer.net/product/iem/s12-hi-fi-earphones-in-ear-monitors/

LETSHUOER-HIFI-EARPHONES-IN-EAR-MONITORS-S12-MAIN01.jpgLETSHUOER-HIFI-EARPHONES-IN-EAR-MONITORS-S12-MAIN02.jpgLETSHUOER-HIFI-EARPHONES-IN-EAR-MONITORS-S12-MAIN03.jpgLETSHUOER-HIFI-EARPHONES-IN-EAR-MONITORS-S12-07.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #2 of 1,890
These look like they could be a 7Hz Timeless competitor. FR looks similar but looking forward to reviews to see how they fair in reality. If they sound as good as the Timeless but with better build quality I might be in! Very competitively priced and also look like they'll be easy to drive, on paper at least.

https://letshuoer.net/product/iem/s12-hi-fi-earphones-in-ear-monitors/

Did have this on order but had to cancel, for now, due to funds needing to go elsewhere. I'm sure we will see some impressions pop up for them and I'm quietly confident they will compete well with the Timeless!

Dec 31, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #3 of 1,890
Yeah I've bit the bullet already and ordered with HiFiGo. For the money it's hard to go wrong.

I've had the TinHifi P1, PMV PP, 7Hz Timeless and they all had a quality that I loved but. The Timeless were near perfect but a loose MMCX connector and a self-destructing shell put me off them completely. I'm not usually a fan of 2-pin but I'll make an exception this time as these are looking very promising.

I'll share my impressions when I receive them but it'll be a few weeks I'd imagine.

Dec 31, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #5 of 1,890
Excellent, do share youre thoughts. Hoping soundstage has more depth than Timeless but won't be a deal-breaker if it doesn't.

Dec 31, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #6 of 1,890
Yeah I've bit the bullet already and ordered with HiFiGo. For the money it's hard to go wrong.

I've had the TinHifi P1, PMV PP, 7Hz Timeless and they all had a quality that I loved but. The Timeless were near perfect but a loose MMCX connector and a self-destructing shell put me off them completely. I'm not usually a fan of 2-pin but I'll make an exception this time as these are looking very promising.

I'll share my impressions when I receive them but it'll be a few weeks I'd imagine.
after that with the timeless you still prefer the mmcx?...i sweat bullets everytime i swap mine out also having a less than satisfying experience once with mmcx connectors.
looking forward to some reviews. cool

Dec 31, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #7 of 1,890
The majority of my other IEM's have been MMCX (Including Shure headphones) and I've never had a problem. The build quality of the Timeless leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

Dec 31, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #8 of 1,890
Where have you all seen the frequency response graph? I haven't seen it on any of the listings so far. Thanks.

E: oh there's a tiny glimpse of the manufacturer's graph in the booklet in their unboxing video, I guess that gives a bit of a hint

Dec 31, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #10 of 1,890
Where have you all seen the frequency response graph? I haven't seen it on any of the listings so far. Thanks.

E: oh there's a tiny glimpse of the manufacturer's graph in the booklet in their unboxing video, I guess that gives a bit of a hint
1641005854492.png

Jan 1, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #11 of 1,890
Thanks for the Squig, you beat me to it. :)

Also, if you look at both channels (L+R), it looks like the Shuoer drivers are slightly better matched/less variation. Hopefully this is something they have pinned down further since this pre-production version.

Jan 4, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #13 of 1,890
I pre-ordered and got confirmation that my order was shipped yesterday. Will definitely give first impressions when they get here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back