Let's up the budget
May 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

metllicamilitia

100+ Head-Fier
Budget up to $400USD max, I can get Shure SE530 on Amazon for that, I know the Westone UM3X is around that price. I will be using a Cowon C2 and I listen to all kinds of rock from some classical to Paul Simon, to rock blues and the way up to death metal. What would be the best earphones for metal? So far the best earphones I've used we're the Sleek SA6's with the treble + tips and the modded bass + ports.

Aus dem geist der giesteskranken

May 19, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 7
JH5s are fantastic for rock, and are in general very good all rounders, and the "best" bass in general, but very appropriate as well.

I had a pretty bad experience with livewires some years ago. If your budget is $400, JH5s or competing customs would be the way to go. plenty of customs in the $400 tier to choose from as well.

Be sure to account for the expenses in ordering customs; impressions, shipping and whatnot.

$400 also opens you up to top-tier universal IEMs, of which there are quite a few and i can't really help much myself. My TF10s sound great with rock and old metal but i'd still take my JH5s over them. I like my mids balanced, not recessed.
Unfortunately at this price range, i would think it really comes down to personal preference as they all probably are very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back