Lets Talk Metal
Sep 18, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #11,566 of 29,565
Sep 18, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #11,567 of 29,565
Well, hearing Justice For all, Master Of Puppets and the rest of the live set has a small novelty factor. Plus it reminds me of when I was twenty something years old.
wink.gif

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #11,568 of 29,565

Even though the last album from em that I like is the Black Album, this stuff is great to drink beer to.

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #11,569 of 29,565
I just got the Isis Celestial remaster/vinyl release and  I have to say that it sounds fantastic. 

As for Metallica, I really enjoy their live music. They really sound great and still have a lot of energy. 

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #11,570 of 29,565
Tomorrow is the realease date for Ghost Reveries repress. I'm so glad they decided on printing it again (inevitable with Opeth sales, but whatever^^). Will report back if someone else doesn't before me. Fingers crossed for the original vinyl master!

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #11,571 of 29,565
  Tomorrow is the realease date for Ghost Reveries repress. I'm so glad they decided on printing it again (inevitable with Opeth sales, but whatever^^). Will report back if someone else doesn't before me. Fingers crossed for the original vinyl master!

That's exciting. Definitely a favorite of mine. Though to be honest, all of their albums were a favorite at some point

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #11,572 of 29,565

I'm holding out until they start shipping from the US. I was planning to get the t-shirt bundle but they ran out of my size.
frown.gif
 Maybe if they get a good enough reception they'll press some WATERSHED! 

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #11,573 of 29,565
I'm looking for that great juicy DM album this year. Something that grabs me by the balls and kicks ass, but isn't so technical that I tune it out.

Other than Deafheaven and Cult of Luna, I haven't bought a proper extreme metal CD all freaking year. And no DM.

I'm hoping the new Carcass is going to satisfy that itch that I used to scratch with bands like Grave, Asphyx and Behemoth.

Last year I bought a bunch of stuff I still like-Cattle Decapitation, Jungle Rot, Pig Destroyer, Black Breath, Lord Mantis, Gojira....

But it's gotta be good man, it's gotta be good!

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #11,574 of 29,565
  I'm looking for that great juicy DM album this year. Something that grabs me by the balls and kicks ass, but isn't so technical that I tune it out.

Other than Deafheaven and Cult of Luna, I haven't bought a proper extreme metal CD all freaking year. And no DM.

I'm hoping the new Carcass is going to satisfy that itch that I used to scratch with bands like Grave, Asphyx and Behemoth.

Last year I bought a bunch of stuff I still like-Cattle Decapitation, Jungle Rot, Pig Destroyer, Black Breath, Lord Mantis, Gojira....

Word. I've come across a lot of great stuff this year, mainly BM, but no DM that flat out put me on my ass. I'm not looking for that overly aggressive and gory meat-head bullcrap either. A true artistic expression that's well balanced with a deep vision beyond the fray. Maybe my sights are too high, but I'm waiting.  

Sep 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #11,575 of 29,565

Word. I've come across a lot of great stuff this year, mainly BM, but no DM that flat out put me on my ass. I'm not looking for that overly aggressive and gory meat-head bullcrap either. A true artistic expression that's well balanced with a deep vision beyond the fray. Maybe my sights are too high, but I'm waiting.  

I thought the new Autopsy was pretty good?
Not really into non-tech DM sooo...

Sep 19, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #11,576 of 29,565
Gorguts, autopsy, ulcerate, fleshgod appcalypse, immolation, suffocation, svart crown, rings of saturn, extol, amon amarth, BDM, battlecross, deeds of flesh, darkane

I'm sure there's more and they don't all meet your criteria but that was my year in DM/DM related metal

Excluding Dahlia (are you guys sure they aren't metalcore :wink: immolation is going to likely be my favourite Death release this year

Sep 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #11,577 of 29,565

Ask and you shall receive...

Sep 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #11,578 of 29,565
  I thought the new Autopsy was pretty good?
Not really into non-tech DM sooo...

Not too crazy about tech-death, but I might give that a look.

Gorguts, autopsy, ulcerate, fleshgod appcalypse, immolation, suffocation, svart crown, rings of saturn, extol, amon amarth, BDM, battlecross, deeds of flesh, darkane

I'm sure there's more and they don't all meet your criteria but that was my year in DM/DM related metal

Excluding Dahlia (are you guys sure they aren't metalcore
wink.gif
immolation is going to likely be my favourite Death release this year

Some bands in here I haven't heard of. So I'll look into it more.

Ask and you shall receive...

Okay, this is ******* awesome. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back