Lets Talk Metal
Sep 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #11,536 of 29,565
There were some spectacular vocal sections on the album, especially in Because it's There. "Somebody" was my favorite but Atlas Stone was close.

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #11,537 of 29,565
I wanted to ask this to fellow metalheads. Once upon a time, I had gotten disconnected from metal and then I bought the following compilation on cassette. One of the last casettes that I bought. I discoverd Lamb Of God, As I Lay Dying etc through this one compilation. Honestly, this is the one album which got me back into metal.. Any one else who found this one interesting..

Many years ago I bought the third HBB comp and enjoyed it. Tons of good stuff there.

I actually used to buy Metal for the Masses comps and Metal = Life comps. They turned me on to a lot of good stuff around 10 years ago. Orphaned Land, Dark Tranquility, Shadows Fall, In Flames, and Immolation to name a few.

I had heard of some of these but the complilations made me delve deeper. I dig out some of the CDs the other day.

Good times.

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #11,538 of 29,565
  There were some spectacular vocal sections on the album, especially in Because it's There. "Somebody" was my favorite but Atlas Stone was close.

My attraction with Because its there is that 1:52, they make this effects with guitar.. I just love that. I have to admit but now that I am drunk. I love this album. This will feature in my best of list for 2013 and I wish I had a record player and **** load of LPs.

Today is Onam and special wishes to the following Dudes(In case any of you is a female, my apologies for calling you dudes)

- RedCarMoose
- Souprknowa
- Marocheesium
- Origin89
- Trogdor
- Ferday
- Keepitsimple
- Kirnupimma
- MorbidToaster
- Blackend Plague
- Tom Yoom Gung
- THE DUTCH DUDE who is associated with CARACH ANGREN.

This song is dedicated to all you guys. Original song from the land of Onam.

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #11,539 of 29,565
And cheers to you as well sir!

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #11,540 of 29,565
My attraction with Because its there is that 1:52, they make this effects with guitar.. I just love that. I have to admit but now that I am drunk. I love this album. This will feature in my best of list for 2013 and I wish I had a record player and **** load of LPs.

Today is Onam and special wishes to the following Dudes(In case any of you is a female, my apologies for calling you dudes)

- RedCarMoose
- Souprknowa
- Marocheesium
- Origin89
- Trogdor
- Ferday
- Keepitsimple
- Kirnupimma
- MorbidToaster
- Blackend Plague
- Tom Yoom Gung

Why thank you! Btw, I've always thought that the stories and imagery behind Indian religion are very metal! :beerchug:

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #11,541 of 29,565
That's pretty sweet. Thanks, Wrath.

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #11,542 of 29,565
Thanks wrathzombie! I enjoyed the song, too. 

Dream Theater lossless leaked this morning. 
ph34r.gif

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #11,544 of 29,565
So I accidently listened to the leaked Dream Theater album and....I have to say I am pretty pleased with it :)
A lot of awesome material on it. At least as good as their last album (forgot the name♥) if not better.
I don't know why, but to me it also sounded kind of more heavy.
The last track Ilumination Theory seals the deal for me. This album is going to get bought.

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #11,545 of 29,565
So damn Pinkish Black is playing at LA's The Echo in October, with Kylesa and Sierra, not really sure yet about the other bands(listening now). But I'm hoping to go to this, even good ticket prices. Pinkish Black's recent release that is on their bandcamp is pretty great.(hat tip to whoever posted that like two weeks ago I think).
Also ASIWYFA, TTNG, and Mylets are playing a week before that. Probably not Satan worshipping enough for you guys, but I like myself some Sargent House.

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #11,547 of 29,565

- RedCarMoose
- Souprknowa
- Marocheesium
- Origin89
- Trogdor
- Ferday
- Keepitsimple
- Kirnupimma
- MorbidToaster
- Blackend Plague
- Tom Yoom Gung

hey thanks Wrath, really cool song too!

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #11,548 of 29,565
So damn Pinkish Black is playing at LA's The Echo in October, with Kylesa and Sierra, not really sure yet about the other bands(listening now). But I'm hoping to go to this, even good ticket prices. Pinkish Black's recent release that is on their bandcamp is pretty great.(hat tip to whoever posted that like two weeks ago I think).
Also ASIWYFA, TTNG, and Mylets are playing a week before that. Probably not Satan worshipping enough for you guys, but I like myself some Sargent House.

You sir, are welcome! Its been on repeat for quite a while.

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #11,549 of 29,565
I'd say that the new Dream Theater album is somewhat fresh. False Awakening Suite, Enigma Machine, The Bigger Picture, and Surrender to Reason had parts that stood out, but the rest were more or less typical DT. Illumination Theory felt more like several songs stitched together than one consistent piece, but it had a few great moments. I can't help but think they just wanted to include a "long song" to please the prog folks, though. Overall it was more of a step in a new direction than ADTOE, but I'm still waiting to hear something new and incredible from them. I know I keep emphasizing that, but they've been playing practically the same material for 10 years. =/

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #11,550 of 29,565

Me and Satan aren't on talking terms right now. He's been ticking me off sending all these demons for me to babysit.... So I'll check out that artists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back