Lets Talk Metal
Mar 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #8,851 of 29,636
Mar 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #8,853 of 29,636
Unfortunately it wasn't as good as it could be...New (worse) cartridge than before and still no upgraded phono stage. 

Wait til next year and it'll be really good. 

Quote:
Edit: Forgot to thank morbidtoaster and sing praises of how awesome he is. So, thank you and you're awesome.

EDIT: Also, what do you guys think about me starting an Audiophile dork LP archival project? Metal is one of the genres I think would benefit significantly from this project. 

I'd be recording 24/96 WAV (and converting to AIFF for proper tagging). 

Mar 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #8,854 of 29,636

Mar 15, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #8,855 of 29,636
Quote:
Unfortunately it wasn't as good as it could be...New (worse) cartridge than before and still no upgraded phono stage. 

Wait til next year and it'll be really good. 

EDIT: Also, what do you guys think about me starting an Audiophile dork LP archival project? Metal is one of the genres I think would benefit significantly from this project. 

Yes, it took me the better part of a year to get my phono stage figured out. I first purchased a Stanton 310 that was super adjustable. Then moved to the one I use now after learning about it from Head-Fi members. Each phono stage sounds very different.

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #8,856 of 29,636
Quote:
-- Each phono stage sounds very different.

I have tried two; the Pro-ject I have and the Vincent MorbidToaster has and the differences are huge. I don't necessarily consider my ears too trained in these things but it was fairly obvious which I liked more. And yet still I'm of course looking for an upgrade.

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #8,857 of 29,636
I like my Vincent but it's obviously the weak link. Thinking a Simaudio 310LP is the future for me because of the archival project I'd like to do. Should be demoing one when the time comes.

Mar 15, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #8,859 of 29,636
New Arckanum album announced, 2013 is looking to topple 2012 in my opinion. We should be getting a flood of more OSDM goodness as well, MMMMMMMMM

Also, not sure if it's OK to post, but Fanisk has released one of the best Black Metal albums I've heard this year, though they have ****ty NSBM ties, which is confusing since they're from PORTLAND.

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #8,860 of 29,636
Quote:

I like the thought of this but is it allowed? Read: file sharing. 
smile.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #8,861 of 29,636
I wonder what the logistics of streaming these would be. The archival would be more for myself (and I'd post DR ratings of everything, of course), but sharing the actual files is bad (duh). 

Either way, maybe you'll just have to make a trip from Finland to listen to records. :D

Quote:
I like the thought of this but is it allowed? Read: file sharing. 
smile.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #8,862 of 29,636
New Arckanum album announced, 2013 is looking to topple 2012 in my opinion. We should be getting a flood of more OSDM goodness as well, MMMMMMMMM

Also, not sure if it's OK to post, but Fanisk has released one of the best Black Metal albums I've heard this year, though they have ****ty NSBM ties, which is confusing since they're from PORTLAND.

I know them. And they are Nazis. Yes Nazis.

Despite the fact that I love their music (I know of Noontide for quite sometime), I refuse to promote them.

Mar 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #8,865 of 29,636
Quote:
I know them. And they are Nazis. Yes Nazis.

Despite the fact that I love their music (I know of Noontide for quite sometime), I refuse to promote them.

Quote:
Yup, it's such a shame too, excellent band otherwise. They're doing a disservice to their music with that crap.

Those phukn Nazis and Satanists are screwen this whole metal thing up I tell ya. Just screwing up everything.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back