Lets Talk Metal
Mar 11, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #8,821 of 29,629
Quote:
/rant
What "-core" sound are you guys talking about? The Black Dahlia Murder is Melodic Death Metal through and through. For some reason the internet metal nerds are convinced that it is cool to hate on them, but if their music had come from europe everyone would be riding there dicks pretty hard.
/end rant

Well, I have never heard them to sound that way. Just my humble opinion. I think it may be shared by many also. I still like em. Actually to me their sound is almost progressive death metal. That is my point, that they have taken the whole thing in a very special direction. No one sounds like them. If they end up being modern melodic death metal, I'm fine with calling them that. This talk makes me want to break out my early BDM CDs if I can find em. They are talented and young and have an entire history to create in metal. I'm hoping this new album is the best ever. They seem to be moving in a powerful direction.

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #8,822 of 29,629
Quote:

Well, I have never heard them to sound that way. Just my humble opinion. I think it may be shared by many also. I still like em. Actually to me their sound is almost progressive death metal. That is my point, that they have taken the whole thing in a very special direction. No one sounds like them. If they end up being modern melodic death metal, I'm fine with calling them that. This talk makes me want to break out my early BDM CDs if I can find em. They are talented and young and have an entire history to create in metal. I'm hoping this new album is the best ever. They seem to be moving in a powerful direction.

Thats fair. Im not as much of a fan of the earlier stuff. Sure its still good, but i dont think that they really hit their current stride till Nocturnal came out. I also think that Ritual was a huge step for them musically, that cd is brilliant. The one thing that worries me about Everblack, is that Shannon Lucas isn't drumming for them anymore :frowning2: and he is my favorite metal drummer. He was with them from Nocturnal through Ritual.

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #8,823 of 29,629
Quote:

Thats fair. Im not as much of a fan of the earlier stuff. Sure its still good, but i dont think that they really hit their current stride till Nocturnal came out. I also think that Ritual was a huge step for them musically, that cd is brilliant. The one thing that worries me about Everblack, is that Shannon Lucas isn't drumming for them anymore :frowning2: and he is my favorite metal drummer. He was with them from Nocturnal through Ritual.

Yes, That is the thing about American metal.
  1. Nicholas Barker
  2. Hellhammer

Some of our greatest metal drummers come from Europe but still anyone would have to admit bands like BDM or Mastodon are powered by special drumming!

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #8,824 of 29,629
I'll go the other way and say I love the earlier Black Dahlia Murder. Unhallowed is one of my favourite albums. I get why people go on about the 'core' elements. Everyone is different. One thing that peeved me a lot as a youngster was how people love to label every band. It's not that important isn't it?

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #8,825 of 29,629
Addaura - City Light (In Still Dark Forenoon Silence) (2012)

Atmospheric Black Metal from USA From their new album "Burning for the Ancient". Tragic and desperate with a warm very warm sound and some very intense vocals. Check it out if you like Altar of Plagues, Deafheaven, Sun Worship and similar hip bands. :wink:

Oh, I got to check this out, thanks dude!

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #8,826 of 29,629
Hi guys. Back from long hiatus. Sorry that I havent been around, my interests havent been headphone related ever since I rebooted my guitar playing hobby, which I have been doing every single day since.
biggrin.gif

Some new stuff I have found.

NOT a NSBM band, but still dystopic/totalitarian/fascist inspired. Funny thing is that I found about this band right after watching V for Vendetta movie for the first time so I was kind of in the mood for something totalitarian stuff. :)

Krypts finally released their debute. Kinda mixed bag. Dont get me wrong, the album is awesome but they played it safe as the album consists mostly of their EP/Demo songs which all relied on the same Finnish Death/Doom atmosphere at its basics.

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #8,828 of 29,629
Quote:
Oh, I got to check this out, thanks dude!

I dig this, too. The intro and transition to the main riff sounds a bit like "The God Ennui" off of BDN's "III", and the Deafeheaven/AoP comparison isn't off either.

Quote:

Welcome back MaZa! I'm really liking Kommandant, especially the hateful dystopian vibes you mentioned. I love black metal with a bit of regality.

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #8,829 of 29,629
Quote:
Hi guys. Back from long hiatus. Sorry that I havent been around, my interests havent been headphone related ever since I rebooted my guitar playing hobby, which I have been doing every single day since.
biggrin.gif

NOT a NSBM band, but still dystopic/totalitarian/fascist inspired. Funny thing is that I found about this band right after watching V for Vendetta movie for the first time so I was kind of in the mood for something totalitarian stuff. :)

Krypts finally released their debute. Kinda mixed bag. Dont get me wrong, the album is awesome but they played it safe as the album consists mostly of their EP/Demo songs which all relied on the same Finnish Death/Doom atmosphere at its basics.

Come-on MaZa,

You've been gone a while and we know you have more ultra-cool bands to bestow upon us. So don't delay and try to just trickle em on here like you plan too. We know you have been doing more than playing your guitar. That sounds like a good excuse and only some of our younger members are going to believe you. Your going to have to post just a couple more videos before we let you back in the club-house.
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #8,830 of 29,629
Quote:
Come-on MaZa,

You've been gone a while and we know you have more ultra-cool bands to bestow upon us. So don't delay and try to just trickle em on here like you plan too. We know you have been doing more than playing your guitar. That sounds like a good excuse and only some of our younger members are going to believe you. Your going to have to post just a couple more videos before we let you back in the club-house.
tongue.gif

*sigh* Fine.

Some more death metal

And a band I picked up from my guitar hobby thanks to Ola's amp test vids. I think I already posted one old song from them at some point, but he just released a new album and I think its quite good. Full album streamed for free!

And I am almost 100% Trogdor has posted this at some point but to me this album is new.

Seriously though, I've been practicing Death - Symbolic till my fingers have bled, havent had much time finding new songs. Too busy going through classics and deciding what I want to learn. :)

Mar 11, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #8,834 of 29,629
Release dates for new Leprous!

Quote:
We will release our new album “Coal” on May 20th, 2013 in Europe and May 28th, 2013 in North America!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back