Lets Talk Metal
Nov 17, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #7,666 of 29,637
Nov 17, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #7,669 of 29,637
Here is something interesting, so I clicked that MetalIreland link above and found their review for Vanitas:

MetalIreland's Review for Anaal Nathrakh's Vanitas

I don't necessarily agree with the review (that's fine, we all have our opinions) but IT CLEAR AS DAY that he noticed how horrible the drums sound. That's the DR2/3 master.

Nov 17, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #7,670 of 29,637
Quote:
typijng this with a bbaBy on  my lap. but cartoon inspired black metal??

Hah, I wouldn't call it black metal since it doesn't have its trademark sonic qualities or "ideology", but yeah, in the few interviews he did he said he was inspired by anime cinema, as in this album he pays tribute to "Ghost in the shell" as one of its song titles, and "Mononoke" in his previous album. 

Here is something interesting, so I clicked that MetalIreland link above and found their review for Vanitas:
MetalIreland's Review for Anaal Nathrakh's Vanitas
I don't necessarily agree with the review (that's fine, we all have our opinions) but IT CLEAR AS DAY that he noticed how horrible the drums sound. That's the DR2/3 master.

I actually agree here, too. It's become so nailed in their sound that I don't think of them so much as drums as "Nathrakh" beatz. 

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #7,672 of 29,637

New Deftones album is lushhhhh!

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #7,673 of 29,637
Nov 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #7,674 of 29,637
Quote:
Oh my god. Soooo goooood.

Agreed. This is some hauntingly good ****!

Guess what I just found. Dubstep remix of classic Slayer song. Now, I have nothing against dubstep and have heard couple of interesting songs, but this is simply too much!

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #7,676 of 29,637
Can any of you guys recommend me some instrumental metal bands?  I get really into some of these songs until some dude starts growling or singing over it... 
angry_face.gif

A friend of mine turned me on to Animals As Leaders. which I liked quite a bit, but is there any good instrumental power metal or the like?  I love dueling lead guitars :)

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #7,677 of 29,637
Quote:
Can any of you guys recommend me some instrumental metal bands?  I get really into some of these songs until some dude starts growling or singing over it... 
angry_face.gif

A friend of mine turned me on to Animals As Leaders. which I liked quite a bit, but is there any good instrumental power metal or the like?  I love dueling lead guitars :)

Only one I can think is Mastery, instrumental Thrash metal band.

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #7,679 of 29,637
 Woot first post. Will be checking out this thread in the next few days. Was planning on using a different username but when it was taken I decided to try the title of the song I was currently listing to and it went through. It seems only fitting I add it here. Rock on gentlemen and the ladies

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #7,680 of 29,637
Quote:
angry_face.gif

My mind went to AAL first, but.. hmm..

Pelican
Red Sparrows
Liquid Tension Experiment
Blotted Science
Electro Quarterstaff
John 5 (mostly instrumental)

(off the top of my head, ill look into my stuff tomorrow)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back