Lets Talk Metal
Nov 7, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #7,532 of 29,636
There is a slight misunderstanding here. I meant on the forum, not the Metal-Fi review.

I'm with Negakinu on changing "redbook" to "CD". I've only heard that term once before, a few months ago, and I had no idea what it meant. I don't know why you guys are using it TBO.

LOL. Okay, let me confirm with Dave. Thanks for the feedback, its really really appreciated.

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #7,533 of 29,636
Quote:
Yeah I preordered Liberteer after hearing one track. It was my fav grindcore record and might still be, not sure. PD is pretty solid.
What's funny is I can't really say I'm big into grindcore but I am starting to GET IT. :)

Me too..  Never been a Grindcore fan . I got Liberteer through Bandcamp and now I am also getting into Nasum. Happy overall.

In case anyone didn't know all Nasum albums are available on Bandcamp (http://nasum.bandcamp.com/)

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #7,534 of 29,636
Thanks for the documentary Redcarmoose. There's the dude who apparently made the Lurker of Chalice -record. I'm speechless. I likeit so much. So much.

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #7,536 of 29,636
That One Man Metal documentary was interesting. Those guys look so freakin' miserable, though. I guess that's why I can never really get into Black Metal. I'm pessimistic enough as it is. 

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #7,537 of 29,636
Quote:
That One Man Metal documentary was interesting. Those guys look so freakin' miserable, though. I guess that's why I can never really get into Black Metal. I'm pessimistic enough as it is. 

Well, except for the Striborg guy who does have his life quite straight. Not in complete isolation anymore (as he said, he realised its nothing but gateway to depression. Apparently early enough to stop it before it got out of hand, unlike...) and has wife and kids now. He just really needs to cut that screaming in caves crap, thats not healthy...
tongue.gif
Malefic on the other hands seems to be in quite bad shape, to the point that its actually frightening. And I though I was a hermit!

The part about Wrest being in Skate Or Die NES game box made me burst in laughter though. Amazing piece of information for us geeks though.

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #7,538 of 29,636
Well, except for the Striborg guy who does have his life quite straight. Not in complete isolation anymore (as he said, he realised its nothing but gateway to depression. Apparently early enough to stop it before it got out of hand, unlike...) and has wife and kids now. He just really needs to cut that screaming in caves crap, thats not healthy... :p Malefic on the other hands seems to be in quite bad shape, to the point that its actually frightening. And I though I was a hermit!

The part about Wrest being in Skate Or Die NES game box made me burst in laughter though. Amazing piece of information for us geeks though.

Totally. I was absolutely floored about the Skate Or Die NES reference. Just awesome.

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #7,539 of 29,636
Quote:
Thanks for the documentary Redcarmoose. There's the dude who apparently made the Lurker of Chalice -record. I'm speechless. I likeit so much. So much.

Four more full LoC records still on hold but not yet released!
basshead.gif

Quote:
Well, except for the Striborg guy who does have his life quite straight. Not in complete isolation anymore (as he said, he realised its nothing but gateway to depression. Apparently early enough to stop it before it got out of hand, unlike...) and has wife and kids now. He just really needs to cut that screaming in caves crap, thats not healthy...
tongue.gif
Malefic on the other hands seems to be in quite bad shape, to the point that its actually frightening. And I though I was a hermit!

I don't think they could have made a better documentary about it. Even though I bought 99% of Malfics CDs years ago before it was cool, I only fully understand the scene now due to that film.

It has been said that only true art can be created through personal pain and despair, we see it here in action!

Malfics music has always seemed like music from another dimension, now I know why................he is in another dimension. 

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #7,540 of 29,636
Quote:
tongue.gif

Yea, Striborg still doesn't seem at "peace," and Black Metal is primarily about diving into negativity. I'm conscious of the negative side of life, and I really don't like being around most people, but enveloping myself in that emotion is a downward spiral. You're just using your energy to fuel what's making you miserable. It's an illusion of power that you'll never have that way because you're really just a slave to your emotions at that point.

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #7,541 of 29,636
Yea, Striborg still doesn't seem at "peace," and Black Metal is primarily about diving into negativity. I'm conscious of the negative side of life, and I really don't like being around most people, but enveloping myself in that emotion is a downward spiral. You're just using your energy to fuel what's making you miserable. It's an illusion of power that you'll never have that way because you're really just a slave to your emotions at that point.

I'm not a massive BM fan (although I like a lot of it) but I use it as a catharsis, not to envelope myself or revel in the negativity...just saying that I'm glad that these scary dudes exist so that I don't have to be like them :wink:

The screaming in the cave thing was a little too much for me though...

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #7,542 of 29,636
Quote:
I'm not a massive BM fan (although I like a lot of it) but I use it as a catharsis, not to envelope myself or revel in the negativity...just saying that I'm glad that these scary dudes exist so that I don't have to be like them
The screaming in the cave thing was a little too much for me though...

Haha, I don't think there's rainbowed unicorns were these guys exist.

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #7,543 of 29,636
I think if folks look into  Ihsahn or Watain, they will learn true Black Metal has really very little with these depressed souls. To think these guys represent Black Metal is only partly true.

They are an out-shoot of true Black Metal at best. They represent just a segment of the BM scene at best.

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #7,544 of 29,636
I actually like Ihsahn quite a bit. His solo work is excellent, but I can guarantee he wasn't in the greatest place during his Emperor days. Come on, the band was affiliated with church burnings and one of the members was imprisoned for killing a dude. Now, I know his so called "satanist" title was more of a plight from conformity and the church, but the Black Metal scene was trying to fight ignorance with negativity. I don't like the church either, but I'm not gonna' go to the other extreme because that's just as useless as following the church.

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #7,545 of 29,636
http://fugax.bandcamp.com/

http://fugax.bandcamp.com/track/cooley-rot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back