Lets Talk Metal
Oct 14, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #7,231 of 29,638

Obituray, Grave. Yes.. Rest No.. Will check them out..

Start with maybe Suffocation's 2006 self titled release. Early stuff is totally looked at as classic. Maybe too slow though? You will love Blood Red Throne.
beerchug.gif

By the way................................................................is this the style your looking for?

Stench of Redemption is a totally brutal/super fast record!

Oct 14, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #7,234 of 29,638
Quote:
Start with maybe Suffocation's 2006 self titled release. Early stuff is totally looked at as classic. Maybe too slow though? You will love Blood Red Throne.
beerchug.gif

By the way................................................................is this the style your looking for?

Stench of Redemption is a totally brutal/super fast record!

Quote:

Not heard Malevolent Creation!? Start with their first album Ten Commandments. Now!

Thank you for the recommendations. I will check em out...

Oct 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #7,235 of 29,638
Quote:

.....WOW.....WOW:..........WOOOOOWWW.......Well worth the wait!!!!!

I pre-order this guy. Pretty curious about it, I'm just hoping it's not synthetic. 

Oct 14, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #7,236 of 29,638
Irked that he felt the need to split it into two albums (though I'm sure that was mostly Nuclear Blast's $$$ scheme). I want to buy his 8-years of work in one package, dammit! Seems a bit of a drag that 8 years of waiting culminated into a mere 5 songs and 40 minutes; I think Wintersun deserves more than that, considering the grandiose of Jari's compositions. I'll probably spotify/pandora it until that happens, as I've no doubt I'll enjoy it nonetheless.

From what I've heard, it's a little slower, much less shreddy and riff-tastic and much more bombastic in a cheesy power/folk metal kind of way (which could be a good or bad thing depending on your taste). I love cheesy colorful **** like this when I'm in the mood, haha.

In other news: I was listening to some trve kvlt bm today... and you know you're listening to raw black metal when the song sounds the same through your iphone's speakers and $100 headphones. :p Actually made me laugh.

Oct 14, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #7,237 of 29,638
OPEN UP THE ABSCESS!

Classic Australian thrash Renegade:

Oct 14, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #7,238 of 29,638
And some classic crusty stuff...

Amebix

Dystopia,  the lyrics are kind of corny, but bear in mind that the singer/drummer is nuts.  Even so, when I was a pissy 18 year old, this song was the best thing to throw on when I hated everything.

Axegrinder

Oct 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #7,239 of 29,638
Quote:
Irked that he felt the need to split it into two albums (though I'm sure that was mostly Nuclear Blast's $$$ scheme). I want to buy his 8-years of work in one package, dammit! Seems a bit of a drag that 8 years of waiting culminated into a mere 5 songs and 40 minutes; I think Wintersun deserves more than that, considering the grandiose of Jari's compositions. I'll probably spotify/pandora it until that happens, as I've no doubt I'll enjoy it nonetheless.

From what I've heard, it's a little slower, much less shreddy and riff-tastic and much more bombastic in a cheesy power/folk metal kind of way (which could be a good or bad thing depending on your taste). I love cheesy colorful **** like this when I'm in the mood, haha.

In other news: I was listening to some trve kvlt bm today... and you know you're listening to raw black metal when the song sounds the same through your iphone's speakers and $100 headphones. :p Actually made me laugh.

I'm a huge fan of folk metal, so I'd be elated if they moved that way on this album and slowed the speed down.

To your other point - I understand the crap recording gives black metal some of it's mojo, but many are so bad it sounds like it was recorded with a potato in a porta potty. 

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #7,241 of 29,638
Quote:

Guys, what are the bands categorized as 'Brutal Death Metal' . Could anyone make any similar recommendations?

Just one more.

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #7,242 of 29,638

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #7,243 of 29,638

I too am skeptical. Honestly I didn't think Time I was THAT AWESOME. I mean its a good album but I didn't think it was some heavenly gift from the Valhalla as some seem to review it. Maybe I should give it another go...

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #7,244 of 29,638
Quote:
I too am skeptical. Honestly I didn't think Time I was THAT AWESOME. I mean its a good album but I didn't think it was some heavenly gift from the Valhalla as some seem to review it. Maybe I should give it another go...

I think the anticipation may have been too high. It's hard to be objective when you're waiting 8 years for someting. I remember dudes almost begging the band for a release. Now that it is finally here I can imagine some fans being overwhelmed with joy and forgetting, and here it comes, that the album sucks because there are no blast beats. 

That's right. :wink: 

Anyway, haven't heard it. Probably never will. Not enough satan. 

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #7,245 of 29,638
I think the anticipation may have been too high. It's hard to be objective when you're waiting 8 years for someting. I remember dudes almost begging the band for a release. Now that it is finally here I can imagine some fans being overwhelmed with joy and forgetting, and here it comes, that the album sucks because there are no blast beats. 

That's right. :wink: 

Anyway, haven't heard it. Probably never will. Not enough satan. 

LOL. Understood.

So if you think Time I is big, what about the new Summoning in 2013? Though I have somewhat more confidence that will live up to the hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back