Lets Talk Metal
Oct 9, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #7,126 of 29,629
Quote:

Vintersorg + Atmospheric Black Metal = Dordeduh

Defiantly some cool sound quality I thought!

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #7,127 of 29,629
Quote:
Hello Everyone:
DaveBSC and I have been working on a project for the past six months and have finally gone live. We have created what we believe is the first truly DEDICATED audiophile site for headbangers. Our mission is to provide reviews/recommendations and pretty much everything metal.
www.metal-fi.com
If either of us have given you a recommendation in the past that you found interesting or really dug, please check the site out and give us some feedback (Contact page, PM us, whatever). We are lining up a few gear reviews in the next coming weeks as well as several articles, op-ed pieces, and a potential giveaway. Our main bread and butter will be music reviews but with a different focus than your other usual suspects (which we all know and love).
Btw, this does not mean Dave or myself are not going to be posting in this thread! We love you guys and are always looking for recommendations (and happy to lend them too). But our focus is going to be building a strong following on Metal-Fi over the next couple of months.
Please check us out! You can follow us on Twitter as well.
beerchug.gif

Alex & Dave

That's pretty awesome. Y'all should try posting that on Metal-Archives. Headbangers out the ass over there who might be interested. 

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #7,128 of 29,629
http://bcove.me/qdwhyuay    The 3rd song from the album as a sample! 

01. Thoughts Like Hammers
02. Death In The Eyes Of Dawn
03. Veilburner
04. Roots Of The Mountain
05. Riitiir
06. Materal
07. Storm Of Memories
08. Forsaken

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #7,129 of 29,629
Quote:

Very very cool!

Congratulations!   
beerchug.gif
      Just a couple of humble suggestions here!

It really looks like a lot of work your doing. If it's something you love then I'm sure it will be fun! It would be nice to get some audio gear manufactures to send you gear so you can put whole audiophile metal listening rigs together. You could display them as complete systems with great synergy and keep em grouped into different price points. You could have speaker rigs and headphone rigs! There is defiantly audio playback systems which differ from the norm and excel in metal music reproduction!

It would be nice to see some hot and foxy models too in a couple places! 

Photographs of female vocalists or just cute metal-girls or models modeling metal-cloths or even just wearing headphones.

So ya.............just my 2 cents in getting some eye candy in there with gear and gals. Later you could also get some pros to get you concert photographs of some of the bands you review. Adding the human element separates yourself from the masses of review sites out there and makes it fun!

Audio equipment, headphone and speaker reviews with a focus on metal performance are all on the list. Stay tuned!

Appreciate the input, but I think we would rather leave this sort of thing to the other guys....

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #7,130 of 29,629
Good grief, new additions to Maryland Deathfest were announced today, seriously best year yet!

DOWN
(the) MELVINS
THE OBSESSED
ASCENSION (Germany) - Exclusive US appearance!
UFOMAMMUT (Italy)
COBALT
DEIPHAGO (Philippines/Costa Rica) 

EVOKEN
NECROPSY
CITIZENS ARREST
CONVERGE
DISCIPLES OF CHRIST
EDDIE BROCK
FEASTEM (Finland)
FULL OF HELL
HEARTLESS
HELLSHOCK
ILSA
INFEST - Exclusive east coast appearance!
IRON LUNG
KROMOSOM (Australia)
LIKE RATS
MAGRUDERGRIND
OLD LINES
ROTTEN SOUND (Finland)
SETE STAR SEPT (Japan)
TINNER (Finland)
VITAMIN X (Netherlands)
WAKE
WEEKEND NACHOS

Here's the full line up by location (two this year within walking distance of eachother):

@ Former Sonar compound:

!T.O.O.H.! (Czech Republic)
ABIGAIL (Japan)
AHUMADO GRANUJO (Czech Republic)
AMBASSADOR GUN
ANHEDONIST
ANTAEUS (France)
AOSOTH (France)
ASCENSION (Germany)
ASTHMA CASTLE
BENEDICTION (UK)
BOLT THROWER (UK)
BROKEN HOPE
CARCASS (UK)
CARPATHIAN FOREST (Norway)
COBALT
CONVULSE (Finland)
CRUCIAMENTUM (UK)
DEIPHAGO (Philippines/Costa Rica)
DOWN
EVOKEN
EXODUS
GLORIOR BELLI (France)
GRIDE (Czech Republic)
IHSAHN (Norway)
INGROWING (Czech Republic)
INIQUITY (Denmark)
INTEGRITY
KOMMANDANT
LOSS
MANILLA ROAD
(the) MELVINS
MIDNIGHT
MORGION
NECROPSY
THE OBSESSED 
PAGAN ALTAR (UK)
PELICAN
PENTAGRAM
PIG DESTROYER
REPULSION
REVENGE (Canada)
RIGHTEOUS PIGS
SLEEP
SPEEDWOLF
UFOMAMMUT (Italy)
VENOM (UK)
VINTERLAND (Sweden)
WEEDEATER

@ Baltimore Soundstage:

CITIZENS ARREST
CONVERGE
DISCIPLES OF CHRIST
EDDIE BROCK
FEASTEM (Finland)
FULL OF HELL
HEARTLESS
HELLSHOCK
ILSA
INFEST 
IRON LUNG
KROMOSOM (Australia)
LIKE RATS
MAGRUDERGRIND
OLD LINES
ROTTEN SOUND (Finland)
SETE STAR SEPT (Japan)
TINNER (Finland)
VITAMIN X (Netherlands)
WAKE
WEEKEND NACHOS

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #7,131 of 29,629
Quote:
Audio equipment, headphone and speaker reviews with a focus on metal performance are all on the list. Stay tuned!

Appreciate the input, but I think we would rather leave this sort of thing to the other guys....

beerchug.gif

Ohh........I forgot to mention beer!

That's what I left out? Your into audiophile metal and beer increases the audio quality[size=small] [/size][size=small]exponentially[/size]
wink.gif

" Hehe.....ya that's right hot chicks and beer, I want to see a web site with lots of hot chicks and beer! " He heh.

Hot chicks rule!

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #7,133 of 29,629
Quote:
Hello Everyone:
DaveBSC and I have been working on a project for the past six months and have finally gone live. We have created what we believe is the first truly DEDICATED audiophile site for headbangers. Our mission is to provide reviews/recommendations and pretty much everything metal.
www.metal-fi.com
If either of us have given you a recommendation in the past that you found interesting or really dug, please check the site out and give us some feedback (Contact page, PM us, whatever). We are lining up a few gear reviews in the next coming weeks as well as several articles, op-ed pieces, and a potential giveaway. Our main bread and butter will be music reviews but with a different focus than your other usual suspects (which we all know and love).
Btw, this does not mean Dave or myself are not going to be posting in this thread! We love you guys and are always looking for recommendations (and happy to lend them too). But our focus is going to be building a strong following on Metal-Fi over the next couple of months.
beerchug.gif

Alex & Dave

Im sure you guys are already planning on doing so, but my first recommendation would be to make sure you do reviews of every metal/hard rock release that HDTracks releases to let people know if they are worth it over the CD version, different less brickwalled masters etcetera. So we know whether its worth the extra cash to grab the hi res version.

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #7,134 of 29,629
Quote:
Hello Everyone:
www.metal-fi.com
beerchug.gif

Alex & Dave

Awesome Awesome Aersome...

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #7,135 of 29,629
Quote:

http://www.cvltnation.com/exclusive-cvlt-nation-streaming-planks-funeral-mouth/    Free streaming album. The tracks change some times?

Not going into my top ten of the year but definitely an interesting listen. Even though this music is fairly simple it still takes a couple of plays to get used to it. Check out the break at 2:45!

This reminds me of one of your older recommendation, even though their sound is not exactly the same - Total Devastation Satama.

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #7,137 of 29,629
Quote:
Hello Everyone:
www.metal-fi.com
beerchug.gif

Alex & Dave

Hahaha awesome!! :D Let me know if I can help!

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #7,138 of 29,629
Quote:
Not really metal...but a must listen!!

Love the Math Rock vibe.. Reminds me of Don Caballero 
biggrin.gif
 but different

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #7,139 of 29,629
Quote:
http://bcove.me/qdwhyuay    The 3rd song from the album as a sample! 

01. Thoughts Like Hammers
02. Death In The Eyes Of Dawn
03. Veilburner
04. Roots Of The Mountain
05. Riitiir
06. Materal
07. Storm Of Memories
08. Forsaken

Just got mine. Should give 'er a listen soon.

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #7,140 of 29,629
It really looks like a lot of work your doing. If it's something you love then I'm sure it will be fun! It would be nice to get some audio gear manufactures to send you gear so you can put whole audiophile metal listening rigs together. You could display them as complete systems with great synergy and keep em grouped into different price points. You could have speaker rigs and headphone rigs! There is defiantly audio playback systems which differ from the norm and excel in metal music reproduction!

Definitely. Its in the works. In fact we are planning to have a lot of different gear to review (some of which are sponsor donated, we shall see)! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back