Lets Talk Metal
Oct 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #7,111 of 29,638
Quote:

The Japanese are the most unmetal people in the zooniverse. 

Tell that to Sakevi Yokoyama, the singer from GISM.

scroll forward to about 5:45 when he starts shooting a flame thrower at the audience.

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #7,112 of 29,638
Quote:

The Japanese are the most unmetal people in the zooniverse. 

That may be so. How is it that this Thailand high school crowd is so made of stone in the vid? They band sounds just like DragonForce.

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #7,113 of 29,638
Quote:

Thanks! Have to hunt the movie down now. I saw a clip from that movie sometime ago and I instantly recognised "Hey, its that growl from Cryptopsy song!"
biggrin.gif

Talking about movies and metal. The dialog in the beginning of this song is by The Cowboy from Mullholand Drive. I heard this song many years ago and I watched the movie much later and I was glad when I recognized him saying the dialog.

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #7,114 of 29,638

Coming Soon.. If anyone digs this that is. I love Chino's vocal ability.

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #7,115 of 29,638
Of course! I think the Deftones have gotten better and better over the years. I love the whole heavy spacey sexy time sound they've developed. I'm very much looking forward to Koi No Yokan (a very much 'them' title).

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #7,116 of 29,638
I can dig on some Deftones. Never thought they were metal, though. 

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #7,117 of 29,638
The Stef- I worship Meshuggah - Carpenter aspect pretty much qualifies them as metal, although they occupy their own little niche within it. They have their own thing going on and do it very well.

Also, Elite.

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #7,118 of 29,638
Oct 9, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #7,119 of 29,638

I like this far more than I thought I would. The guitar / keyboard interplay and counter-point is fantastic. A great one-man-band! The drums are even good!

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #7,120 of 29,638

Another full album stream here.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/10/02/exclusive-full-album-stream-sylosis-monolith/

Idno....................I like their early stuff way better but this does have a great sound. It may be a sleeper? Most likely the number one UK band on their way up. No one knows who they are yet? This album will be popular and they will have a great tour. There past albums are a little better IMO?

They're like Lamb Of God where they put out great stuff for awhile before the metal community got a clue!

This stream makes me want to break this out!

I know that there are a few around here who love this!
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #7,121 of 29,638
Oct 9, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #7,122 of 29,638

Vintersorg + Atmospheric Black Metal = Dordeduh

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #7,123 of 29,638
Hello Everyone:

DaveBSC and I have been working on a project for the past six months and have finally gone live. We have created what we believe is the first truly DEDICATED audiophile site for headbangers. Our mission is to provide reviews/recommendations and pretty much everything metal.

www.metal-fi.com

If either of us have given you a recommendation in the past that you found interesting or really dug, please check the site out and give us some feedback (Contact page, PM us, whatever). We are lining up a few gear reviews in the next coming weeks as well as several articles, op-ed pieces, and a potential giveaway. Our main bread and butter will be music reviews but with a different focus than your other usual suspects (which we all know and love).

Btw, this does not mean Dave or myself are not going to be posting in this thread! We love you guys and are always looking for recommendations (and happy to lend them too). But our focus is going to be building a strong following on Metal-Fi over the next couple of months.

Please check us out! You can follow us on Twitter as well.

:beerchug:

Alex & Dave

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #7,124 of 29,638
Hah I love the DR6 - BRICKWALLED! :D

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #7,125 of 29,638
Quote:
Hello Everyone:
DaveBSC and I have been working on a project for the past six months and have finally gone live. We have created what we believe is the first truly DEDICATED audiophile site for headbangers. Our mission is to provide reviews/recommendations and pretty much everything metal.
www.metal-fi.com
If either of us have given you a recommendation in the past that you found interesting or really dug, please check the site out and give us some feedback (Contact page, PM us, whatever). We are lining up a few gear reviews in the next coming weeks as well as several articles, op-ed pieces, and a potential giveaway. Our main bread and butter will be music reviews but with a different focus than your other usual suspects (which we all know and love).
Btw, this does not mean Dave or myself are not going to be posting in this thread! We love you guys and are always looking for recommendations (and happy to lend them too). But our focus is going to be building a strong following on Metal-Fi over the next couple of months.
Please check us out! You can follow us on Twitter as well.
beerchug.gif

Alex & Dave

Very very cool!

Congratulations!   
beerchug.gif
      Just a couple of humble suggestions here!

It really looks like a lot of work your doing. If it's something you love then I'm sure it will be fun! It would be nice to get some audio gear manufactures to send you gear so you can put whole audiophile metal listening rigs together. You could display them as complete systems with great synergy and keep em grouped into different price points. You could have speaker rigs and headphone rigs! There is defiantly audio playback systems which differ from the norm and excel in metal music reproduction!

It would be nice to see some hot and foxy models too in a couple places! 

Photographs of female vocalists or just cute metal-girls or models modeling metal-cloths or even just wearing headphones.

So ya.............just my 2 cents in getting some eye candy in there with gear and gals. Later you could also get some pros to get you concert photographs of some of the bands you review. Adding the human element separates yourself from the masses of review sites out there and makes it fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back