Lets Talk Metal
Oct 2, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #7,081 of 29,638
Quote:

Awww...
frown.gif

Oh yeah, the Thrash.

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #7,082 of 29,638
Quote:

[size=small]Sound of Perseverance is indeed amazing, but too progressive for my taste. I prefer the rawer stuff of Death, in the veins of "Zombie Ritual" and "Pull the Plug"... As much as I love Symbolic, I enjoy more listening to Spiritual Healing/Leprosy.[/size]

[size=small]Thrash metal from [/size]Switzerland!! [size=small]What do you say about this?[/size]

I'm more a fan of their first record (self titled), recently got it on vinyl, super stoked on that find!

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #7,084 of 29,638
Quote:

[size=small]Sound of Perseverance is indeed amazing, but too progressive for my taste. I prefer the rawer stuff of Death, in the veins of "Zombie Ritual" and "Pull the Plug"... As much as I love Symbolic, I enjoy more listening to Spiritual Healing/Leprosy.[/size]

Symbolic kicks a ton of ass.

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #7,085 of 29,638
Quote:
So stoked for Parallax II right now.
Also, this is easily the best mv I've seen in a long time.

****, I enjoyed that. I don't think that could've been any more epic.

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #7,086 of 29,638
Quote:

****, I enjoyed that. I don't think that could've been any more epic.

Cool to hear Rush influences in the music!

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #7,087 of 29,638
Quote:

Be'Lakor's album ******* rocks, along with Katatonia. I'd also put In Mourning's "The Weight of Oceans" in the mix

Just "accidentally" stumbled upon Be'Lakor's new album in spotify. Apparently I added it as a playlist awhile back and never listened to it, well tonight I finally did. All i have to say is wow, pretty amazing stuff. Never really got the hype on Katatonia's new album though. Perhaps I will have another go at it a different time, frame of mind makes a big difference sometimes.

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #7,088 of 29,638
Oct 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #7,089 of 29,638
Quote:
Just "accidentally" stumbled upon Be'Lakor's new album in spotify. Apparently I added it as a playlist awhile back and never listened to it, well tonight I finally did. All i have to say is wow, pretty amazing stuff. Never really got the hype on Katatonia's new album though. Perhaps I will have another go at it a different time, frame of mind makes a big difference sometimes.

Yea, perspective plays a pretty huge role. It's one of those albums where I liked it the more I listened to it. 

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #7,090 of 29,638
Quote:

Yea, perspective plays a pretty huge role. It's one of those albums where I liked it the more I listened to it.

Strangely enough those kinds of albums always end up being my favorite albums. That's how I came to be such a huge black metal fan. At first listen I was like "what the screw is this s***?" There was something about it however that was very alluring, so I ended up trying to make myself listen to it, eventually that particular genre became everything short of an obsession for me haha.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #7,091 of 29,638
Quote:
Strangely enough those kinds of albums always end up being my favorite albums. That's how I came to be such a huge black metal fan. At first listen I was like "what the screw is this s***?" There was something about it however that was very alluring, so I ended up trying to make myself listen to it, eventually that particular genre became everything short of an obsession for me haha.

Definitely. The stuff that requires a deeper sense of conscious involvement always keeps me coming back. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy satisfying my animal appetite with blunt emotion from time to time, but it's always secondary to the music of substance.

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #7,092 of 29,638
Spectral Lore-- Greek one-man, epic, swirling grandiose black metal reminiscient of Dodecahedron and DSO mixed with the fundamental nordic black metal tremolo-picked riff base,and an utterly cold atmosphere thrown into the mix.

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #7,094 of 29,638

My friends band \m/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back