Lets Talk Metal
Sep 5, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #6,901 of 29,637
I have been enjoying the heck out of these as of late. At one point I was really into this band but somehow they seemed to get shoved to the back burner. I always like it when I find a old album that I loved but forgot about. 

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #6,902 of 29,637
Sep 6, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #6,905 of 29,637
Quote:

Definitely enjoyed it.  Nice find.

The only problem I really have with this is the whole manifesto the main dude has written to blow it all up... essentially putting his music on a pedestal. It's a bit pretentious (calling the blast beats "burst beats", which are just blast beats that speed up) and I can't enjoy the music without having the obnoxious intellectualism ringing behind my ears.

I.E.

One could propose a new meaning for black metal along with a new array of techniques to activate that meaning. The meaning of Transcendental Black Metal is Affirmation, and its new technique is the Burst Beat.
The will to power has two stages. The first may be called Fortification; the establishment of a paradigm or set of rules and the ensuing exploration of potential that lies within those constraints. The second stage may be termed Sacrifice; an auto-destruction, a self-overcoming whereby the initial rules, having been fully digested and satisfied, are thereby mutilated.

Source: http://www.lacan.com/lacinkXXXV7.html

bleh.

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #6,906 of 29,637
Quote:
The only problem I really have with this is the whole manifesto the main dude has written to blow it all up... essentially putting his music on a pedestal. It's a bit pretentious (calling the blast beats "burst beats", which are just blast beats that speed up) and I can't enjoy the music without having the obnoxious intellectualism ringing behind my ears.

I.E.

One could propose a new meaning for black metal along with a new array of techniques to activate that meaning. The meaning of Transcendental Black Metal is Affirmation, and its new technique is the Burst Beat.
The will to power has two stages. The first may be called Fortification; the establishment of a paradigm or set of rules and the ensuing exploration of potential that lies within those constraints. The second stage may be termed Sacrifice; an auto-destruction, a self-overcoming whereby the initial rules, having been fully digested and satisfied, are thereby mutilated.

bleh.

Yeah, I remember the youtube featuring an interview of the front man being an 'El ******'. It was posted on this thread a few months back.

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #6,907 of 29,637
Quote:

I.E.

bleh.

Yeah, I remember the Youtube featuring an interview of the front man being an 'El ******'. It was posted on this thread a few months back.

I saw someone post this comment somewhere: 'I wish Vars Vikernes would stab this dude in his face' HAHAHAHAHA..

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #6,908 of 29,637
Quote:

I.E.

bleh.

Haha, for that, a stab in the face indeed be in order.  But I enjoyed the music nonetheless.

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #6,910 of 29,637
I usually don't get excited about newer releases, but every so often an exception pops up.

Axe Man - Metnal

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #6,911 of 29,637
Quote:
I usually don't get excited about newer releases, but every so often an exception pops up.

Axe Man - Metnal

Love it. Thank-you

I see why you like it!
L3000.gif

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #6,912 of 29,637
Sep 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #6,913 of 29,637

Users who are viewing this thread

Back