Lets Talk Metal
May 28, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #3,226 of 29,565
POWERVIOLENCE. Been on a Spazz, Magrudergrind, Charles Bronson, Dropdead, Man is the person kick lately. Saw Cap. Cas. and Magrudergrind live last year. Was sick.

May 28, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #3,227 of 29,565

Quote:

Devin + Gojira + Thorendahl = <3

Negakinu, you get a gold star.  This is kick-a$$.  When do they have a new album coming out? 

I want to see Gojira live.  Why can't Gojira and Meshuggah tour together?  It would be perfect.

May 30, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #3,229 of 29,565
yup. an at an arts center in dc

May 30, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #3,230 of 29,565
sorry about the quality but wintersun played a new song live and someone recorded it. 

[size=1.8333em] Wintersun - The Way of the Fire @ Metalfest 2011[/size]

Jun 1, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #3,231 of 29,565

Quote:
POWERVIOLENCE. Been on a Spazz, Magrudergrind, Charles Bronson, Dropdead, Man is the person kick lately. Saw Cap. Cas. and Magrudergrind live last year. Was sick.

Your musical compatibility with jesusson420 is SUPER
Music you have in common includes MagrudergrindWormrotDischargeDropdead and Doom

Nice

Jun 1, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #3,232 of 29,565

Quote:

Interesting fanmade music video. Could pass as official! Very eerie and scary as hell, and fits the music like a glove. Unfortunately it is only about 10 minutes long, original song is about 30 minutes. :b
*edit* I now have an urge to see the movie this music videos clips are from. They look so mindblowingly eerie...

Here's another Begotten music video

Turning it into a music video is the only use the movie serves. I mean, it being pretty crap and all.

Jun 1, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #3,233 of 29,565

Quote:

Turning it into a music video is the only use the movie serves. I mean, it being pretty crap and all.

Call it whatever you want but when that movie was first released it was a huge influence on video students trying to do abstract horror. You shouldn't judge it like you would a regular motion picture. It's more a caleidoscope. Visual dark ambient, if you will. I definitely believe it has it's place in video art. There are some pretty striking shots and if you dive into to whole concept of it, and the motivation behind it's creation, it all starts to make more sense really. Although "making sense" is pretty relative in this context ofcourse. 
regular_smile .gif

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #3,237 of 29,565
Sorry mate. I don't. I haven't been listening to metal as much as I used to, with uni and all that stuff. Though I might try jumping back into it.

Off the top of my head, Blaspherian released a pretty killer EP last year as well as a full-length this year. I also really enjoyed Atlantean Kodex's The Golden Bough released last year. In terms of material this year, I'm really looking forward to the new Beherit this month as well as a few other bands (Summoning and Gorguts).

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #3,239 of 29,565

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back