Lets Talk Metal
Aug 22, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #27,151 of 29,565
Talking about upcoming releases... Mantar will bring their 3rd album very soon

Amazing high five.. in the face.. with a chair... for a 2 men capela

@SomeGuyDude Show me a Dinosaur is fantastic, thanks for that hint. Daturah is damn cool, yes and I'm looking forward to check out, how Kokomo sound :)

Wow, never heard about these guys before, sounds cool. Thanks for sharing.

Sep 10, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #27,154 of 29,565

Sep 10, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #27,155 of 29,565
Small shout-out: A lot of the original regulars in this thread now hang out in the Metal-Fi forums. Check it out. Or don't. Up to you!

That's a great forum if you feel like getting elite-snobbed to **** and back.

Sep 13, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #27,156 of 29,565
I've been on a death metal kick lately. I'd recommend checking out the new Krisiun - Scourge of the Enthroned and Monstrosity - The Passage of Existence. The Krisiun is a return to form. Gone is the groove from the previous release and they're back to straight up death metal. As for Monstrosity, by far their best album IMO. They just seem to be firing on all cylinders with this one.

Sep 13, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #27,157 of 29,565
That new Monstrosity is definitely rad.

I've been all over slam/brutal myself. All the stuff with slams and breakdowns. Korpse, Putridity, Vulvodynia, Nephrectomy, a ton of splits and compilations...

wj6sGgj.jpg

IGAIu7K.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #27,159 of 29,565
SomeGuyDude said:
That's a great forum if you feel like getting elite-snobbed to **** and back.

Why do you say that? I've read a lot of the threads on metal - seems pretty friendly to me. Or at least can you point me to a thread where you see this?

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #27,160 of 29,565
Why do you say that? I've read a lot of the threads on metal - seems pretty friendly to me. Or at least can you point me to a thread where you see this?

I'd prefer not to. A few of those users are just shitheads to the point I signed out and stopped visiting entirely.

Then again, I've noticed that of music fans in all genres. Everyone needs to play the game of "classier/smarter than thou" and only present the portion of their musical tastes that paint them in a good light. If you listen to rap then it better be super socially conscious "lyrical" rap. If you listen to metal your ass better steer clear of all the taboo subgenres (deathcore, slam/brutal, goregrind). Doubly so in "audiophile" circuits because clearly the kind of people who drop money on headphones are just far too brilliant to listen to stupid people music.

It drives me up a wall. Users have to wave their dicks around to prove just how huge their Mensa brains are, they'd never deign to sully their iTunes with such things. Meh.

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #27,163 of 29,565
@SomeGuyDude Fair enough. I would say though you get that in all forums though. Anyway, if you feel brave enough, please stop by again.

LMAO "brave enough." Like it's some badass Colosseum for tough guys where the weak little boys can't hang. It's a ****ing internet forum. If people are dipshits then I'm not wasting my time there.

Wow, maybe if I grit my teeth and grab my nuts I can go over there and watch as five people argue about what DR level is acceptable. Damn, I dunno if I got the strength for that.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #27,164 of 29,565
Howdy metal dudes & dudettes.

This isn't really metal, but it's one of the more head-bangy things I've listened to lately, aside from some Garbage. So thought I'd share. :) All of Dreamcatcher's singles have an up-tempo metallic pop-rock vibe similar to this. This is on the bright side.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #27,165 of 29,565
Some J-metal bands, mostly female, that I think are pretty good.

This probably doesn't need to be mentioned, but these are all ear-slammers. And some get pretty bright and piercing. So do watch volume levels, esp. if you're not used to higher pitched performers like these.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back