Lets Talk Metal
Dec 24, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #26,941 of 29,629

This is one of the few new metal albums I’ve been listening to! Not maybe as good as Torture or Kill? But the next installment of the new CC sound none the less. Spent almost the whole year listening to older metal. Though I have to say.......the new Ayreon “The Source” has been getting a lot listening.

Dec 24, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #26,942 of 29,629

This is one of the few new metal albums I’ve been listening to! Not maybe as good as Torture or Kill? But the next installment of the new CC sound none the less. Spent almost the whole year listening to older metal. Though I have to say.......the new Ayreon “The Source” has been getting a lot listening.

CC is as consistent as they get, it's crazy. Yeah, I prefer Kill, but I'll still throw this one on happily.

Dec 26, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #26,944 of 29,629
Dec 26, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #26,946 of 29,629
I call this the same thing;

And Spotify suggested this one to me listening to that one.

Hell of a time to be discovering crap.

And hell I gotta add another one. This is dangerously close to top 5.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #26,947 of 29,629
France is also unbelievable for really tortured black metal.

Between France and Belgium, having bands like Throane, Amenra, and Celeste, I'm wondering what the hell is going on that everyone is so unhappy about.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #26,954 of 29,629
Ha. I bought Striborg's albums when there were only the original pressings limited to a few hundred copies.

I'mma need some pictures of this because, despite not being the world's biggest Striborg fan, I love limited edition pressings.

Dec 29, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #26,955 of 29,629
I'mma need some pictures of this because, despite not being the world's biggest Striborg fan, I love limited edition pressings.

Unfortunately, I sold them in 2015. You could probably find pics if you look hard enough. Looks like the original artwork for some of the albums is retained on the Bandcamp page. (Whereas some reissues had different artwork.) This one is especially creepy-looking. (It was the first one I got.)

I'm assuming you know Ildjarn. Now that is some raw BM. (He also ironically made some very pretty ambient recordings.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back