Lets Talk Metal
Nov 19, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #24,933 of 29,636
Hardwired To Self Destruct, opinions everyone?

I quite like the album, after one listen, but too many slow moments for me, I prefer the Ride The Lightning style myself, but I'll have to give it another couple of listens, before making my mind up.

Could not listen to it, put on MOP again and it was great, though. Never get tired of MOP!

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #24,934 of 29,636
Condemnation by Antaeus 
Antaeus' new album basically sounds like their third album mixed with some of their first. Although they're in my top three black metal bands, I was disappointed by this release...even more so since I'd been waiting a decade for it.

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #24,936 of 29,636
I just relistened to my copy of Meshuggah Catch 33 it seems fine now.  Could there have been a computer problem causing it?  Can't hear any clicks or pops.  I listened pretty carefully.  It would be nice not to need to reaquire it.

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #24,937 of 29,636
  I just relistened to my copy of Meshuggah Catch 33 it seems fine now.  Could there have been a computer problem causing it?  Can't hear any clicks or pops.  I listened pretty carefully.  It would be nice not to need to reaquire it.

Should track 3 The Paradoxical Spirit's volume be kind of loud and not so loud on different passages?  That is the only thing I can hear now that could be a problem.

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #24,938 of 29,636
It seems like I have figured out the problem.  Either gapless playback or crossfeed.  Gapless makes the transition from track 1 to 2 seamless so track 1 ends in a way with the music itself and that it kind of begins track 2 and it is the way the music itself transitions between tracks.  It is not a bad rip, but a gapless transition thing.

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #24,939 of 29,636
Hardwired to Self Destruct is growing on me slowly.  Still don't love it, but it st still better than St.  Anger.  That is one of my least favorite albums of all time by a band that I like.  I might grow to like it a lot.  Too early still to tell, but still good news.

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #24,940 of 29,636
Has anybody heard Galactic Pegasus Phantom of the Hill?  It really reminds me of Meshuggah.  It is pretty good.  I would say not quite as heavy with a tiny bit of what reminds me very slightly of black metal in the vocals.

Nov 20, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #24,943 of 29,636
Could not listen to it, put on MOP again and it was great, though. Never get tired of MOP!

I tried Hardwired To Self Destruct and its a DUD. Just a bunch of Metallica sounding songs that dont evoke any inner emotions. New Opeth was a dud too, but atleast you can say they went Prog Rock and tried to expand their creative horizons or whatever 
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #24,944 of 29,636
  I tried Hardwired To Self Destruct and its a DUD. Just a bunch of Metallica sounding songs that dont evoke any inner emotions. New Opeth was a dud too, but atleast you can say they went Prog Rock and tried to expand their creative horizons or whatever 
biggrin.gif

I agree on Hardwired totally.  Haven't heard the new Opeth yet so cannot comment.  Hardwired has grown on me, buy you are spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back