Lets Talk Metal
Nov 10, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #24,901 of 29,630
  how loud do you play the music?
I generally agree not to tell anyone that you listen to metal, seems like metal has a bad reputation among a lot of people.

At my workplace, the people that I work with likes to give me this look that I don't like sometimes, happens when they find out that I'm listening to some death metal, or when I express my discontent of modern music after being asked(I don't say anything if they don't ask).

people are so judgemental nowadays, better play it safe.

I meant that if the authorities found out he was listening to loud metal music and moving around irresponsibly while driving and during the wreck, that could get him in more trouble than he normally would be. That has nothing to do with me talking to people about metal. I freely talk about things I am interested in whenever I want to. If people don't like it, that's their problem.

...I've actually introduced extreme metal to quite a few girls who liked it.

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #24,902 of 29,630

I meant that if the authorities found out he was listening to loud metal music and moving around irresponsibly while driving and during the wreck, that could get him in more trouble than he normally would be. That has nothing to do with me talking to people about metal. I freely talk about things I am interested in whenever I want to. If people don't like it, that's their problem.

...I've actually introduced extreme metal to quite a few girls who liked it.

I get your story, when you say that he could get in more trouble than he would normally be I meant exactly that..

you don't know what kind of person you are dealing with if such a situation occurs, so if you are unlucky you could be dealing with people who thinks that people who listen to metal is less in control and all kinds of stuff like that.

this is what I think of course hehe

Nov 10, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #24,903 of 29,630
There is a law called reckless driving, in most states.

. Reckless driving is a serious offense punishable by fines and or imprisonment. Those charged with reckless driving should contact an attorney immediately. In some states, the charge of reckless driving is also known as careless driving or dangerous driving. Reckless driving is a broad category and drivers that commit moving violations which endanger the lives of others will be charged with this offense.

There are various types of reckless driving that carry different sentences. For example, drivers that are caught speeding in excess 20 mph or more above the posted speed limit are those most often charged with reckless driving. Other drivers can be charged with reckless driving for moving violations such as passing a school or emergency vehicle, driving too fast for weather conditions, racing, failure to stop after being ordered by police officer, or speeding in excess of 80 mph. Depending on the type of moving violation the driver committed, the punishments associated with the charge of reckless driving vary by state. Some charges of reckless driving are more serious than others.

The punishment for reckless driving is more severe if the driver’s actions caused injury or harm to other drivers or pedestrians. In California, the minimum punishment for reckless driving that results in bodily injury is a jail sentence of at least 30 days and a fine ranging from $220 to $1,000. Those charged with reckless driving in Virginia face up to one year imprisonment, fines up to $2500, and/or license suspensions. It is usually at the judge’s discretion to impose a lighter sentence if first time offenders have a clean driving history prior to being charged with reckless driving. Some states, like Florida, increase the punishment if the driver charged with reckless driving is a repeat offender.

Regardless of the type of reckless driving committed by the driver, the charge of reckless driving can appear on the driver’s permanent record. Drivers charged with reckless driving can also expect their auto insurance premiums to rise. With the assistance of an attorney, many drivers charged with reckless driving can plead guilty to a lesser charge and pay lower fines and or avoid jail time. Obtaining legal representation from a lawyer experienced in traffic law when charged with reckless driving is strongly advised and can lead to better outcomes, especially in situations where bodily injury was caused to other drivers or pedestrians.

What if I am charged with careless driving because a witness falsely claimed I hit another car?

The fact is that once a complaint has been made, and the police or DA initiate a criminal action, it is necessary to defend that action or try to get the police to withdraw it (which is risky unless handled by a knowledgeable attorney as anything you say will be used against you). If the matter comes up for trial, the government must prove its case.

Absent photos or a confession or voluntary admission, the witness will be called to testify, and be required to make an admission. The prosecution (or the state) must prove you are guilty, as opposed to you having to prove you are innocent. One way a lawyer would cross-examine the witness is to make them hone in on details that may show he or she is lying or was not in a position to observe (for example: what color the car is, what model, make, time of day, etc.), to bring out possible bias; to show he or she made inconsistent statements; or other reasons to suggest lack of reliability such as the number of times they have sued in the past. If the witness says your car was damaged, your lawyer would ask her to describe it, etc.; if the same damage is not shown on the car, this may help prove your innocence. However, if enough time has passed, it may be countered that you had had the car repaired; for this reason, it is best to not drive the car as it can be proved it was stationary and not repaired.

At some point, if the judge does not dismiss the case for failure of proof after the witness's testimony, you would likely then testify that you did not hit the car and show that here was no damage. But the fact that there was no damage to your car only suggests (though perhaps strongly), but does not prove that you did not hit the car.

It will be best to retain a lawyer immediately after the claim against you is made. As mentioned, any statements you make without a lawyer can be used against you and may even result in the witness's story - true or not - holding up in court.

Read more: http://law.freeadvice.com/general_practice/traffic_law/reckless-driving.htm#ixzz4PbVhkQmi
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @FreeAdviceNews on Twitter | freeadvice on Facebook

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #24,904 of 29,630
  I get your story, when you say that he could get in more trouble than he would normally be I meant exactly that..

you don't know what kind of person you are dealing with if such a situation occurs, so if you are unlucky you could be dealing with people who thinks that people who listen to metal is less in control and all kinds of stuff like that.

this is what I think of course hehe

It has nothing to do with opinions of music and everything to do with the fact that listening to loud music (regardless of genre), and especially recklessly moving around while listening to loud music and driving, is a distraction (and does result in less control while driving) that can result in getting fined, not having insurance cover damages and having to pay it yourself, etc. in the event of a traffic accident.

Nov 11, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #24,906 of 29,630
Nov 13, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #24,911 of 29,630
Anyone mentioned Helloween?

I also like Manowar. But the only heavy part about this band is the instruments and not the singing part. They most of the time tells stories. They even did a whole album on Homer's Odyssey (or maybe Illiad).
I do like Iron Maiden.my first tape is Somewhere In time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back