Lets Talk Metal
Sep 27, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #24,451 of 29,635
Guys any recommendations for Cheap Sports IEM? Aliexpress gems? @Redcarmoose maybe you can help?

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #24,453 of 29,635
Guys any recommendations for Cheap Sports IEM? Aliexpress gems? @Redcarmoose
 maybe you can help?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32492068324.html?src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=708-803-3821&isdl=y&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&albcp=653153647&albag=34728528644&slnk=&trgt=68416666751&plac=&crea=en32492068324&netw=g&device=m&mtctp=&gclid=CKfr1cSur88CFQOUaQod4QUFMA

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32605627477.html

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32567985195.html?src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=708-803-3821&isdl=y&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&albcp=653481726&albag=32876718877&slnk=&trgt=68416666751&plac=&crea=en32567985195&netw=g&device=m&mtctp=&gclid=CIadop6ur88CFQERaQodu40Haw

I've become obsessed with these three! Listen to them instead of anything else.

Sep 27, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #24,454 of 29,635
Remax RM-S1

He has one of the later Remax S1 that sell for less but also give you less tips. They also don't have paint on the outside but are clear color plastic. Had a pair in my hands today, but have not purchased the second generation.

It's wild, after 100 hours the treble gets more natural and into the mix. At first they may sound not as smooth. I have only heard the original model which is $16 on line, but the new model is way less money like $7-$10. I have not heard it so I only recommend the original. Still I'm about 90% sure they are the same, they look the same in your hands, just have not heard the new model myself, ColonalBucket loves em, he asked about them after seeing me post them here. Truthfully though it's amazing, there maybe 50 great IEMs for $8 now from China!

Both the QKZ W1 Pro and the S1 have the same basic cable, which is super nice. The ATE has a strange cable. Also be careful as out of the three the KZ ATE could have some quality control issues from time to time. They sound so cool though that once you get a good pair of these $8 IEMs you'll want to keep them safe in a box and never leave the house with them. Lol

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #24,455 of 29,635

I listen to these $8 QKZ W1 Pros about 5-10 hours a day everyday? They are not perfect but are able to be amped by anything and sound interesting once you get used to them along with 50 hours of burn in. I prefer them to any $100 to $150 headphone or IEM add how low weight they are and it's amazing!

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #24,456 of 29,635
He has one of the later Remax S1 that sell for less but also give you less tips. They also don't have paint on the outside but are clear color plastic. Had a pair in my hands today, but have not purchased the second generation.

It's wild, after 100 hours the treble gets more natural and into the mix. At first they may sound not as smooth. I have only heard the original model which is $16 on line, but the new model is way less money like $7-$10. I have not heard it so I only recommend the original. Still I'm about 90% sure they are the same, they look the same in your hands, just have not heard the new model myself, ColonalBucket loves em, he asked about them after seeing me post them here. Truthfully though it's amazing, there maybe 50 great IEMs for $8 now from China!

Both the QKZ W1 Pro and the S1 have the same basic cable, which is super nice. The ATE has a strange cable. Also be careful as out of the three the KZ ATE could have some quality control issues from time to time. They sound so cool though that once you get a good pair of these $8 IEMs you'll want to keep them safe in a box and never leave the house with them. Lol

Listening remax s1 again after abandoning it for a while, I'm still amazed by its performance although I already got se846. I have not tried yet the kz ate because I heard kz always got quality control issue.

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #24,457 of 29,635
Listening remax s1 again after abandoning it for a while, I'm still amazed by its performance although I already got se846. I have not tried yet the kz ate because I heard kz always got quality control issue.

Congratulations on the purchase! I believe the se846s are easy to drive also! Dam I have never spent close to 1K for headphones, let alone IEMs, but it looks like I may be moving in that direction. Would you say the se846 are a well rounded metal IEM, doing all genres?

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #24,458 of 29,635

Being that you spend $ on IEMs you should try a pair of ATEs. Just buy them from a place that will let you return them if you think you get a bad pair. Still though it's strange anyway you look at them. They have a nice character but it's super confusing if you buy a pair and stick them in your ears. My next KZ purchase will be burned in for at least 50 hours before I even try to judge them. Also it's wild when you read about poor luck members who purchased pairs and found the bass muddy then took them apart to photograph all the little parts messed up inside?

I hear though that they did have one run of a bad batch. Almost like KZ had some other maker make them, but now the purchases are in better quality control. They have about three new models out too, that's why the KZ thread has 50-100 posts a day almost.

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #24,459 of 29,635
Congratulations on the purchase! I believe the se846s are easy to drive also! Dam I have never spent close to 1K for headphones, let alone IEMs, but it looks like I may be moving in that direction. Would you say the se846 are a well rounded metal IEM, doing all genres?

se846 is very sensitive and it is 8ohm. This makes it very prone to hiss. You need a good source with low output impedance to let it shines. se846 is great for metal because it got speed and more than enough bass to let you hear the drum kick and bass guitar. It doesn't have extended treble but you can change the filter to suit your taste. It really depends on your sound preference for metal. Some people love bright sound and some don't. I personally cannot stand listening to metal with hd800. se846 is more reminiscent of lcd series according to others as they have liquids mids. For other genres, it's a well rounded and great iem especially for hip hop as se846 have the subwoofer like sound.

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #24,460 of 29,635

This guy was talking about how he loves the new IPhone 7 set up with the se846s. They must be easy to drive. Apple removed the headphone socket and now offers a free with phone or $9 aftermarket dongle which uses Lightning and has both the DAC and amp inside a couple inches of cord. Yep, DAC and amp for $9. Haha.

He says they sound great so the se846s must be super easy to drive?

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #24,461 of 29,635
Being that you spend $ on IEMs you should try a pair of ATEs. Just buy them from a place that will let you return them if you think you get a bad pair. Still though it's strange anyway you look at them. They have a nice character but it's super confusing if you buy a pair and stick them in your ears. My next KZ purchase will be burned in for at least 50 hours before I even try to judge them. Also it's wild when you read about poor luck members who purchased pairs and found the bass muddy then took them apart to photograph all the little parts messed up inside?

I hear though that they did have one run of a bad batch. Almost like KZ had some other maker make them, but now the purchases are in better quality control. They have about three new models out too, that's why the KZ thread has 50-100 posts a day almost.

It is more to region problem as kz is not available here at my place. I'm too lazy to order online and waiting for a couple of weeks for them to finally arrived. KZ got too much models that it is impossible task to keep tracking on them, lol. It is nice to hear that they have better quality control. I bought a used se846 so that i can sell them without losing to much. It is more of trying TOTL iem and how it sounds like. After hearing that, I would say I not lose so much with my great budget iem like remax s1.

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #24,462 of 29,635
This guy was talking about how he loves the new IPhone 7 set up with the se846s. They must be easy to drive. Apple removed the headphone socket and now offers a free with phone or $9 aftermarket dongle which uses Lightning and has both the DAC and amp inside a couple inches of cord. Yep, DAC and amp for $9. Haha.

He says they sound great so the se846s must be super easy to drive?

I find iphone is a very good source. The dongle has lower output impedance then the iphone itself. So it is an upgrade.

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #24,463 of 29,635
I find iphone is a very good source. The dongle has lower output impedance then the iphone itself. So it is an upgrade.

I actually have two Apple products with Lightning so I guess I'll give it a $9 try?

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #24,464 of 29,635
se846 is very sensitive and it is 8ohm. This makes it very prone to hiss. You need a good source with low output impedance to let it shines. se846 is great for metal because it got speed and more than enough bass to let you hear the drum kick and bass guitar. It doesn't have extended treble but you can change the filter to suit your taste. It really depends on your sound preference for metal. Some people love bright sound and some don't. I personally cannot stand listening to metal with hd800. se846 is more reminiscent of lcd series according to others as they have liquids mids. For other genres, it's a well rounded and great iem especially for hip hop as se846 have the subwoofer like sound.

I'm not one for the treble fest with the HD800s either. Especially when you can have "enough" detail and sound stage with warmth. That signature you describe sounds perfect for metal! Enjoy!

So they go way lower than the Remax S1, but it's spatial and detailed and fast, it sounds like?

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #24,465 of 29,635
I'm not one for the treble fest with the HD800s either. Especially when you can have "enough" detail and sound stage with warmth. That signature you describe sounds perfect for metal! Enjoy!

So they go way lower than the Remax S1, but it's spatial and detailed and fast, it sounds like?

Even lower than remax s1. The sub bass is more than mid bass while the remax otherwise. This makes remax a little bit boomy compare to se846. Remax has that v shaped sound while se846 has that sweet mid with non fatigue treble. The treble depends on the filter. Even though the treble is not extended and rolled off, se846 got all the details but it is not in your face type. Remax will show you all the details that makes it more unforgivable than se846. Cymbal on remax sometime sounds splashy and smeared with other instruments. When complex passage comes, instruments are kind of blend together. Instrument separation on se846 is great. You can distinguish every single instruments without feeling claustrophobic. The soundstage is larger on se846.

I find that se846 is perfect for me. Some people find that se846 is veiled because of the sub bass's quantity. You better tried it first before buying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back