Lets Talk Metal
Sep 24, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #24,436 of 29,629

haha, maybe that's why I like to refer to that website.

I feel that the rating in that site corresponded well with my music preference.

I think it is quite legit. >_<

Same with me. I like to visit that site to get news and what albums topping the list. I already listened to Winter's Gate. First impression, better than their previous album. I want to give it a few spins but now I'm in a mood of listening to technical death metal. Virvum's Illuminance is f killing it. This stuff is excellent.

Sep 24, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #24,438 of 29,629

The new Dark Tranquillity single is pretty good.

You can view the tracklist for Atoma (out November 4th) here: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Dark_Tranquillity/Atoma/600746

The limited edition will have two bonus tracks: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Dark_Tranquillity/Atoma/600747

I'll have to listen again, but I felt that was pretty forgettable. My first Dark Tranquillity song was either Focus Shift or Where Death Is Still Alive (it was a decade ago, gimme a break), and Fiction is in my top 15 metal albums of all time, but I found Construct really meh and this doesn't seem like a huge improvement. 

Sep 24, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #24,439 of 29,629
  I'll have to listen again, but I felt that was pretty forgettable. My first Dark Tranquillity song was either Focus Shift or Where Death Is Still Alive (it was a decade ago, gimme a break), and Fiction is in my top 15 metal albums of all time, but I found Construct really meh and this doesn't seem like a huge improvement. 

I'd rank the track as slightly above average for them. I'm a long-time DT fan and regard them as the most consistent melodeath band, but that's just my opinion. I agree that Fiction is better, though Character is my personal favorite.

Sep 25, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #24,444 of 29,629
  one of the standout and probably the heaviest track in the new album for me, the vocal part is not very revolutionary, quite simple, but damn the guy sing well as usual.

The thing about Tom Englund is, he has a great voice and sometimes it integrates well into the music in a captivating way, but other times it comes off as too whiny and emo. There seems to be a strong blues influence on his vocals, which is relatively rare for metal.

Sep 25, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #24,445 of 29,629
The new Insomnium album/song is pretty great!

More awesome Saor:

Sep 26, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #24,447 of 29,629
More awesome Saor:

Jeez. This band is so ridiculously epic.

Did you listen to Kroda yet? Their first three albums are essential and among the best folk black metal I've heard.

Another new Metallica song:

Hmm. Unlike the first song, I didn't totally dislike this one. It has considerably better songwriting, for one. But I guess I just don't like Metallica much. They sound way too generic and passionless to me. I remember enjoying their '80s material, but stopped caring about them after that.

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #24,448 of 29,629
Sep 26, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #24,450 of 29,629

Did you listen through the first three albums or what?

I listened to some tracks of the first three albums.
No, I'm not going to listen to them entirely. The songs I tried were only okay and I don't care enough.

Very very nice Post Black Metal from Russia.
Great riffs and atmosphere.
It's also "free".

https://trnaband.bandcamp.com/album/lose-yourself-to-find-peace

Lose Yourself to Find Peace by Trna  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back