Lets Talk Metal
Jul 24, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #19,786 of 29,637
  Devin is working on a symphony?!
Dayum.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/07/24/devin-townsend-has-written-another-dtp-record-finished-outline-for-symphony/

popcorn.gif

This man is so god damn productive.

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #19,787 of 29,637
I was logging into the forum and expecting a comment from you regarding the new LOG :) Have to give it a listen. How's the song featuring Chino? And Randy is also doing clean vocals? :) What is going on?

It's ******* awesome. I think the chino spot is misplaced, it just doesn't fit, but Randy's clean singing is an acceptable copy of Corey taylor lol

The album is banger after banger and most importantly has that groove back, randy is pissed off again finally

Jul 25, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #19,789 of 29,637
......and the new Nile.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jSVqclCr4fI

.??

Jul 25, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #19,792 of 29,637
Jul 25, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #19,793 of 29,637
Trippy album cover!

So did you see my posts about how I like STAX more than everything else now? :bigsmile_face:

No but I did see the Stax system you have. That's cool. I always wish everyone happiness in this endeavor. You included, you maybe even more cuz you have burned though a lot of models of headphones.

This whole hobby seems different than it was in th 1970s 1980s and 1990s. You just achieved a certain sound then just kept everything for years because it played music.

There was maybe audiophiles changing out rigs faster than socks and underwear, but I didn't know anyone like that?

Today there are more choices and more information to learn.

But the bug is that your now questioning what the other Stax models could do for you? No?

I'm glad you got Stax to get you the sound with the Metal genre, I always thought those phones didn't slam enough? Still I never spent much time with them except at Head-Fi meets?

Jul 25, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #19,795 of 29,637
So I've gotten through the new Lamb of God several times now, and man, I think its better than Wrath, which i did happen to like a great deal(sorry Redcarmoose :p ) and obviously a million times better than resolution. 512 is easily my current favorite off the cd. I can see this making my year end list

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #19,796 of 29,637
They are all over the damn forum. Impossible to miss.

See? He didn't see the posts, even when they were all over the place.
biggrin.gif

No but I did see the Stax system you have. That's cool. I always wish everyone happiness in this endeavor. You included, you maybe even more cuz you have burned though a lot of models of headphones.

This whole hobby seems different than it was in th 1970s 1980s and 1990s. You just achieved a certain sound then just kept everything for years because it played music.

There was maybe audiophiles changing out rigs faster than socks and underwear, but I didn't know anyone like that?

Today there are more choices and more information to learn.

But the bug is that your now questioning what the other Stax models could do for you? No?

I'm glad you got Stax to get you the sound with the Metal genre, I always thought those phones didn't slam enough? Still I never spent much time with them except at Head-Fi meets?

Just look at my custom title to see that I have no problem with getting new headphones. Gotta catch 'em all! ^_^

(And lol: read the parody song I made up and posted at the bottom of my profile.)

There are many different STAX models. Mine is an electret (variation of electrostatic with less technical capabilities in which the voltage is applied permanently instead of requiring it from the amp) from the 1980s. It actually has a more "physical" sound than most headphones I've heard, and sounds much more like real instruments. I haven't heard full-fledged electrostats yet, but they're supposed to be even better, and I already like this one more than all the non-electrostatic headphones I've heard, including ones that cost thousands. I am definitely getting the SR-009 (and other TOTL electrostats) once I can afford to.

Jul 25, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #19,799 of 29,637

Users who are viewing this thread

Back