Lets Talk Metal
May 20, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #18,901 of 29,638
What do you mean
tongue.gif

lol

Here's a tip: when you quote something, manually remove images and anything else that you are not specifically quoting.

May 21, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #18,905 of 29,638
@@@@@@@@''I really appreciated the little debate about the size of peoples collections and whether we have too much music.
Another topic that interests me is how people decide what to play during the day.when you have 20k plus cds etc it gets a bit crazy.
I create random playlists and listen to them through speakers.if i hit a track i like i then research the band and i will earmark the full album for a listen.I will also listen to full cds through speakers if they are good.
If listening through headphones the music has to be excellent otherwise it does not engage me at all and i get bored.
I should mention that when listening through speakers if i dont like a random track i delete it and move on.in my opinion life is too short to listen to stuff that is average.Over to you guys now

May 21, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #18,906 of 29,638
Cool Japanese metal/rock/pop song used in the first OP (animated intro sequence) for the anime Mirai Nikki (The Future Diary):

The first ED (animated ending sequence) is cool too, especially the part at the beginning:

May 21, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #18,907 of 29,638
We are always watching and listening to metal songs on YouTube. Still I found out You Tube has changed the last six months. There is pretty much every movie ever made now. The block busters are recorded then posted with an obscure title like current SciFi/Action so the movies are harder to take down. Any movie you can think of.:D

It is almost becoming that way with albums too, you don't even need a collection of CDs anymore.

May 21, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #18,908 of 29,638
We are always watching and listening to metal songs on YouTube. Still I found out You Tube has changed the last six months. There is pretty much every movie ever made now. The block busters are recorded then posted with an obscure title like current SciFi/Action so the movies are harder to take down. Any movie you can think of.
biggrin.gif

It is almost becoming that way with albums too, you don't even need a collection of CDs anymore.

I was looking through the other day for obscure jap punk crust bands-i converted some songs to play in the car-i will dig out the digital files later-you tube is amazing 

May 21, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #18,910 of 29,638
Except the audio quality on YouTube is often all but destroyed. Sounds like a 40 kbps MP3 much of the time.

Yes, at times it is good but at times it's crappy. It's freeeeeee. I think a label release is incoded to 16 bit /44.1 kHz right?

It is not standardized I guess. I have never posted music so I don't know how people do it. Still you can not control what is used as a source file. In those regards it will always be edgy.

We also all know what happens when files are transcoded, especially with bad software?

May 21, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #18,911 of 29,638
Yes, at times it is good but at times it's crappy. It's freeeeeee. I think a label release is incoded to 16 bit /44.1 kHz right?

It is not standardized I guess. I have never posted music so I don't know how people do it. Still you can not control what is used as a source file. In those regards it will always be edgy.

We also all know what happens when files are transcoded, especially with bad software?

Everything on YouTube (as well as pretty much all lossy audio files, such as MP3 and AAC) is 16-bit / 44.1 Hz. Same goes for most lossless files. But when you upload anything to YouTube, it is compressed far more than normal compression of lossy audio files.

May 21, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #18,912 of 29,638

Everything on YouTube (as well as pretty much all lossy audio files, such as MP3 and AAC) is 16-bit / 44.1 Hz. Same goes for most lossless files. But when you upload anything to YouTube, it is compressed far more than normal compression of lossy audio files.

Best bitrate they had was 192kbps for HD. I don't know if that has changed since they introduced 4K. Vimeo has much better video and audio encoding compression at least, you get 320kbps.

May 21, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #18,913 of 29,638
  Some really nice Atmospheric Black Metal.

Oh my god. I randomly stumbled upon this post 3 days ago when Metal Alchemist linked me this thread. I opened the link, listened to about 2 seconds somewhere at 8 - 12 I don't remember, I shut it down, downloaded the album immediately and NOW I'm listening to it. Incredibly strong band, thank you for this rcecommendation ! Exactly the atmo-black that I am into and which never stops to fascinate me.......
basshead.gif
. And I didn't expect THIS kind of sound after seeing way misleading tags ''ambient'' and ''ritual ambient'' on their page at last.fm. If more bands like this are tagged this way, another whole realm of atmo-black bands opens for me now :D.

EDIT: I just got to The Dreaming Eye song, holy shi.t the guitars and the tempo ................

Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also not really into this mid-tempo BM.
Summoning/Caladan Brood/Emyn Muil etc do sound nothing like Akhlys (except for all the reverb n stuff).
I also really don't like Lustre and similar bands. Boring and too plasticky.

You look like my kind of guy :D.

EDIT2: And thank you Metal Alchemist too for introducing me this thread
popcorn.gif

May 21, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #18,914 of 29,638
I know I'm always years behind when it comes to popular YouTube videos and I wouldn't be surprised if you knew him already, but I have only just discovered that guy and... he's quite nice actually.

[video]http://youtu.be/PtwXdKkO75E[/video]

May 21, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #18,915 of 29,638
I know I'm always years behind when it comes to popular YouTube videos and I wouldn't be surprised if you knew him already, but I have only just discovered that guy and... he's quite nice actually.

I had stopped listening cannibal corpse some time ago, but it makes them seem so very repetitive... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back