Lets Talk Metal
Apr 8, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #18,271 of 29,638
  Im gonna assume you all were just waiting for me to do so, cause it is almost criminal that the new Leprous song hasn't been posted here yet!

One of the comments on that youtube video was pretty apt when it said "this song sounds as if Bilateral and Coal screwd and had a baby called this song!"

Glorious, I cannot freaking wait for the entire album to come out. For a third album in a row I am sure Leprous will be my album of the year..

Like it!

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #18,272 of 29,638

This video is fun. Also Deicide is coming back to columbus again so it's time to open the pit back up

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #18,273 of 29,638
Oof, just saw Electric Wizard last night, was hoping they'd do a two hour set but it was about an hour and fifteen minutes. Played my favorite Doepthrone songs, a couple other older ones and a few newer ones (Time to Die and Black Masses material). I was high out of my mind and basically in a trance for most of it, great visuals presentation projected behind them as well. They did not play an encore though so that kinda sucked.

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #18,274 of 29,638
Hey yous'ns, any metalfi listeners from the DC area? May try to hit the meet this Sunday in NOVA. I'm sworn to secrecy, but there should be at least one new summit fi-ish "buzz" HP there that I'm dying to try.

Listening to the new Royal Thunder which I picked up at one of the last record and tape trader stores that I still frequent along w/ the new Bjork-but we won't talk about that-as far from metal as possible. Her heart is broken-very sad 
biggrin.gif
. Just playing-Bjork-strange lass that you are and very talented, I wish you well.

But Royal Thunder....hmmmmm, dunnoh, Kind of meh first time through. I agree w/ reviews that describe this album as basically hard rock/classic rock with some HM appeal but not really metal. Honestly not unlike early heart with less pop sensibilities and, blusier, ballsier with a bit more grit-bar band. Throw in some Janis Joplin vocals with some fist pumping and there you have it.  But, more metal than say Opeth which of course ins't saying a lot!  And , you know I'm an Opeth fan.

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #18,275 of 29,638
What's a good portable that handles FLAC? Seriously considering giving up my ipod classic. Its storage (120 Gb) was way ahead of its time. I still have a thousand or so cd's to rip...

That and maybe an upgrade to my M-Duo's. Been on Youtube and Bandcamp checking out new stuff. Hard to find metal I like 100% anymore... Listened to Osculum Obscenum on my way to work. Man does that ever hold up or what?

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #18,277 of 29,638
  Im gonna assume you all were just waiting for me to do so, cause it is almost criminal that the new Leprous song hasn't been posted here yet!

One of the comments on that youtube video was pretty apt when it said "this song sounds as if Bilateral and Coal screwd and had a baby called this song!"

Glorious, I cannot freaking wait for the entire album to come out. For a third album in a row I am sure Leprous will be my album of the year..

WOW!!!

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #18,278 of 29,638
  What's a good portable that handles FLAC? Seriously considering giving up my ipod classic. Its storage (120 Gb) was way ahead of its time. I still have a thousand or so cd's to rip...

You could convert your lossless files to 256 kbps AAC, which is indistinguishable from lossless. (Keeping the original lossless files archived, of course.) That would give you far more space on portable players. I really enjoyed my old 160 GB iPod classic. With the Rockbox custom firmware installed, it can even play FLAC files, but unfortunately, the default setting applied non-neutral EQ, unlike the stock firmware. FiiO and iBasso make well regarded DAPs.

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #18,279 of 29,638
Guess, who is Megadeth's new drummer. Chris Adler - Lamb of God :)

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #18,281 of 29,638

That and maybe an upgrade to my M-Duo's. Been on Youtube and Bandcamp checking out new stuff. Hard to find metal I like 100% anymore... Listened to Osculum Obscenum on my way to work. Man does that ever hold up or what?

If you feel like staying with Apple products get an IPod Touch about $199, go to App Store and download free FLAC player, or buy a FLAC player. Drag and drop the files into the player in I-Tunes. You can then carry MP3. Apple lossless, Apple lossy and FLAC or wave files all at the same time and have the best interface. Just no HD DAC.

If you don't like the 16 GB storage for $199 you can get 64 GB for $299.

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #18,282 of 29,638

You could convert your lossless files to 256 kbps AAC, which is indistinguishable from lossless. (Keeping the original lossless files archived, of course.) That would give you far more space on portable players. I really enjoyed my old 160 GB iPod classic. With the Rockbox custom firmware installed, it can even play FLAC files, but unfortunately, the default setting applied non-neutral EQ, unlike the stock firmware. FiiO and iBasso make well regarded DAPs.

Thanks. I was looking at the iBasso. What is the difference between the 50 and 90?

What got me interested is the vinyl FLAC rips of Watain. Been trying to get FLAC when available.

Apr 10, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #18,284 of 29,638
Apple Beats streaming service will begin with iOS 8.4 updates. This could easily arrive as the biggest and most successful streaming service for music in the world. Unfortunately you will have to be able to have a device with iOS 8.4 to enjoy the service. Anything older than an Apple iPhone 4 will not get the iOS supdate and be left behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back