1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lets Talk Metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by zackp, Jan 3, 2009.
First

Back
820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829
831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840
Next

Last
  1. Trogdor

LOL!

2. keepitsimple
    i love the first angel dust

3. keepitsimple
    Ive been really getting annoyed with my collection recently as i have so much crap(downloads etc)Im deleting stuff as i go and in about 10yrs i will have waded through it all.

4. Redcarmoose

Yes, the blue cover is the newer remixed edition, on different label.. The original sounds like it was mixed with muddy bass. Ths original release has orange cover.

5. Danieru
    In Somniphobia? 

6. Angelbelow

They are talking about the Gallows Gallery album. First release sounded very bad (by design I think) and they had to re-release the album.

Speaking of insomniphobia, I was just relistening to recently through my HE500s.. great album too.

7. Redcarmoose

I buy the CD when it comes out. I'm totally used to getting non-audiophile recordings, especially with a band like Sigh. Still it was really strange. Just the merky end all of mixes. As I was still scratching my head in wonder, they redid it. The first mix is really easy to notice as it's a bright orange cover, not blue like above.
    http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Sigh/Gallows_Gallery/88054/

8. markm1

One of my favorites from last year. Such a unique band.....I haven't heard much "weird" metal this year.

9. Redcarmoose
    Sighs last album was really entertaining. Just a wild mix of so many things. Gallows Gallery was kind of a stepping stone to where they are now. Gallows Gallery is the first major turn in their sound, amazingly that was 8 years ago.

They remind me of some of those funky early 1970 soundtracks from Japan. They are truly retro, metal and completely creative. The guitar has so many cool elements, phase,wah-wahs and an overall amazing sound. Then they also do so much in the vocal department with the clean vocals and chorus additions. They make real songs which are not only wild and interesting but they have become a so much more accessible band.

10. Redcarmoose
    2x sorry

11. Redcarmoose
    3x

12. macrocheesium

I was thinking the same thing. But I did find a lot of psytrance so it kind of makes up for that. 

13. markm1
    How about the Shining? I haven't heard them, but seen them on some lists. Some jazz influence I believe...

14. Redcarmoose

There are two bands called Shining but not called The Shining, the one from Norway is the jazz influenced one. The other from Sweden is my favorite, their latest album is killer.

15. Redcarmoose
    http://chronolyth.bandcamp.com/track/the-heresy-crucify-your-god

7S Cameron likes this.
First

Back
820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829
831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840
Next

Last