1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lets Talk Metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by zackp, Jan 3, 2009.
First

Back
766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775
777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786
Next

Last
  1. SoupRKnowva

Surgical Steel doesn't do anything for me...I've tried quite a few times.

Song of the Crippled Bull is still my favorite cd of the year though, can't wait to buy the physical copy

2. Trogdor

Ah ok!

Well I'm curious on where BCI lands for a label.

3. Trogdor

I thought IV was better but both albums are horribly produced. HORRIBLY.

4. macrocheesium

I'm hoping it'll progress into something great. It's already very much overdone; I had to sift through so much crap to find stuff I liked. But it's a genre that I'm really starting to enjoy (when it's done right). I think we'll see some killer bands emerge from it.

5. markm1

Well, I'm grateful for guys like you who are willing to dig through the muck. I'm a total lurker. I'll wait to see where the chips fall and pick up the essential release at the end of the year. I think you found some good stuff, tho.

6. Origin89
    Swimming through the muck makes the clear water that much more potent. I can relate to Mac's urge to dive in. 

7. macrocheesium
    I've never looked at it like that, but it's something I enjoy doing. There's a sense of satisfaction when you find something, and you know all the good ones aren't gonna make it to the end of the year lists...

8. Tom Yum Goong
    Did I ever mention that I love U.S. Christmas?
    The band, of course :p

One of my all-time favourite songs. Unbelievable atmosphere!

Still don't know how to call this genre....something with americana and psychedelic and whatnot.

Anyone here know similar bands?
    I like this americana stuff :D

9. appbagha
    me too,I still have Into the Pandemonium but I've lost the Megatherion album somehow.thanks
    [​IMG]

10. BLACKENEDPLAGUE

Yeah I ended up turning it of before the third song, it hurt to listen to which is a shame since the musicianship is great

11. wrathzombie
    I don't know if this would sneak into metal, I still feel its shoegaze rock but what the hell, I love it:

JESUEveryday I Get Closer to the Light from Which I Came.

12. Redcarmoose

13. Trogdor

Agreed. Its a friggin shame too.

14. Origin89

I really like this. I'm a huge fan of Psychedelic music, so this is really awesome. Thanks.

15. SoupRKnowva
    I honestly don't think I've been this excited about a new band discovery, Black Crown Initiate, since I first discovered Allegaeon

First

Back
766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775
777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786
Next

Last