1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lets Talk Metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by zackp, Jan 3, 2009.
First

Back
764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773
775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784
Next

Last
  1. BLACKENEDPLAGUE

You'll love it, oh and

foobar2000 1.2.9 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
    log date: 2013-09-20 14:44:08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Analyzed: Thy Light / No Morrow Shall Dawn
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR         Peak         RMS     Duration Track
    DR11      -0.20 dB   -14.95 dB      3:32 01-Suici.De.spair
    DR7       -0.20 dB    -9.46 dB     10:33 02-Wanderer Of Solitude
    DR8       -0.20 dB   -10.32 dB     13:38 03-No Morrow Shall Dawn
    DR8       -1.20 dB   -12.04 dB      3:36 04-Corredor Seco
    DR7       -0.20 dB    -9.97 dB      9:49 05-The Bridge

Number of tracks:  5
    Official DR value: DR8

Samplerate:        44100 Hz
    Channels:          2
    Bits per sample:   16
    Bitrate:           871 kbps
    Codec:             FLAC
    ================================================================================

^^^^ 

2. modulor

[​IMG]

3. BLACKENEDPLAGUE
    The point was that the album is surprisingly dynamic

4. modulor

I got it...always good to see!

5. SoupRKnowva
    I would say the best death metal/melodic death metal record of the year so far would be Deciever of the Gods...still surprises me how good that cd is

6. macrocheesium

I just read that it's a one-man band, too. That's always impressive.

7. macrocheesium
    This reminds me of Deafheaven but with more post-metal... layers of melody hidden behind a screeching wall of guitar noise. This post/BM hybrid seems to have really taken off recently.

8. Tom Yum Goong
    Great find, man!
    Many thanks.
    Reminds me more of Alcest than of Deafheaven. (Which is totaly great because Alcest is most likely my second favourite band ever).

9. markm1

Alcest is such an interesting band. Totally like their sound. They're metal, but they're almost not. They give me the same fix I get from mellow ambient music. But, yet with a little more heft. Post  BM without much BM or something. Bottom line, I find the music beautiful. Yet, I couldn't play them for my Mom. But, honestly, not very metal-but they kind of are....doh!!!! It's a riddle inside a rubric cube.

10. macrocheesium

Yeah, there's a lot of Alcest in there too. I hear 'em both. I've been finding a ton of that stuff lately.

I know what you mean. I've found some people that don't like metal but still appreciate Alcest for the beauty, despite the screams. The rest immediately shun it the moment Neige starts screaming. [​IMG]

11. markm1

True Dat. One of the frustrating things for us is how insanely musical, creative and inspiring some of  our metal is and how 99% of the population would not consider it art. Extreme metal has a hard, almost impenetrable shell that has to be cracked. I like to pretend it's a secret Da Vanici Code that keeps out the Babylon Hordes.......only for the chosen few with eyes to see...ha, ha----I'm full of my own Schiiit tonight :)

12. Origin89

I dig it. But that's a description of the underground in general... not just Metal. You can find some really expansive and artistic stuff in many other genres of the underground, those in which the populous just don't have the depth of perception to see beyond the surface.

13. Origin89

I was on an Alcest binge for a little bit. I loved the contrast of the soaring music and his screams. I heard his next album won't contain any screaming... I don't know how I feel about that.

14. macrocheesium

I'd be fine with that. Autre Temps is my favorite Alcest song, and something like that might be a useful tool for getting people into metal, like we were saying. You can always just go listen to Lantlôs if you miss them.

15. Origin89

I don't think Neige is worried about getting people into Metal. I know I'm not. I just wouldn't like to see him become another one of the hundreds of shoegaze bands out their. 

Autre Temps is beautiful, for sure. But there really isn't anything Metal about that song.

First

Back
764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773
775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784
Next

Last